Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned for re-editing post.

Options
  • 14-03-2019 1:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭

The mod Steve edited one of my posts on the MMA forum to 'I love pink unicorns' I edited it back to its original form and he banned me from the forum.

I was unaware that it was against the rules to edit my post if a mod had already edited it. Besides what is a mod doing using his powers for such nonsense?

Thanks for your time.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

The first step in the process is to contact the mod and attempt to work it out between yourselves.

Can you confirm if you have done this, and if so, what was the outcome?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

dudara wrote: »
    The first step in the process is to contact the mod and attempt to work it out between yourselves.

Can you confirm if you have done this, and if so, what was the outcome?

Yeah done that already thanks Dudara.

The mod wanted me to agree that him changing my post to ' I love pink unicorns' was all a bit of craic, and that me not seeing the funny side meant I was banned.

This puzzles me because it seems that him abusing his mod powers to change my post to something ridiculous is a bit of 'craic' but myself changing it back is a forum ban.

I called this mod out on his behaviour before ages ago on a feedback thread and no doubt this is his revenge.

I have a completely clean record for 6 years on that forum and the whole site, to be banned for something not of my doing is harsh.

I feel this abuse of power needs to be highlighted so am appealing the ban.

PM exchange:

Steve-
    Dear darced,

You have been banned from Mixed Martial Arts [MMA] for two days for ignoring a moderator's instructions.

Discussion can become heated, we don't object to that, but when a moderator issues a warning on a thread to reign things in, it stops a heated discussion from turning into a mess.

For more information please refer to the Boards.ie FAQ.

If you wish to appeal this ban you can see details on how to do so here.

darced-
    What instructions did i ignore? you quoted me and I replied. What is with editing my and that other users posts? should I go to dispute resolution?

Steve-
    What you posted was off topic. My edit was a light hearted attempt to get people back on page.

You obviously didn't see the funny side of that - that's your call.

This can all be undone (and the ban lifted) if you agree it was meant as as a bit of craic, otherwise you can avail of DRP

darced-
    You quoted me and I replied, Having the craic has nothing to do with it, I simply edited my post back to its original form. Why am I being banned instead of carded? I have an impeccable record on that forum for 6 years? If you can't rescind the ban ill go ahead with the DRP.

Steve-
    I issued a ban because you reverted the mod edit. 2 days means your edit window expires.

No worries, go ahead with DRP, that is your option.

darced-
    Fair enough I gave you a chance.

Steve-
    No probs.

Just so you are aware, it is a prerequisite to a DRP thread that negotiations with the mod had failed before you post there.

I am obliged to share this discussion (with timestamps) with whoever evaluates it.

darced-
    Oh whoopsie I'll delete that one and start a fresh one, haven't used it in years.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Thanks for sharing. I’ll ask a CMod to review now.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

I've just removed a post as mods handing out sanctions do not usually get to post in a dispute thread. However I will state that the mod in this case has agreed to lift the ban as he accepts it was too harsh in the circumstances

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

Thanks for that Beasty. :)

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

I understand this is now resolved, so I'm closing the thread

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement