Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vesting Rights

• 14-03-2019 11:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭

I'm joining the pension plan where I work and will have vested rights on completion of 2 years as a member of the pension plan.

So I understand that if I leave the company within 2 years then I won't be entitled to the employer contributions part of my pension.

My question is what about the growth on the employer contributions? I.e. the employer contributions are €1,000 but there is 10% growth, who is entitled to the €100?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,786 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

I'm joining the pension plan where I work and will have vested rights on completion of 2 years as a member of the pension plan.

So I understand that if I leave the company within 2 years then I won't be entitled to the employer contributions part of my pension.

My question is what about the growth on the employer contributions? I.e. the employer contributions are €1,000 but there is 10% growth, who is entitled to the €100?

You only get your contribution and its growth. The employer's bit, you don't get. I don't remember if the growth goes to the employer or the pension company though. Probably varies between companies.

Advertisement