Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How long for a payment to be credited to my Credit Card account?

Options
  • 14-03-2019 12:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭

Hi there,

I made a payment to my credit card at around 5 pm on Tuesday evening. I've checked my account just now (11.30 am Thursday morning), and this payment isn't showing.

I thought that if I made a payment on Tuesday afternoon, that it would be credited to my account this morning. Am I mistaken?

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: John

gerard1970 wrote: »
    Hi there,

I made a payment to my credit card at around 5 pm on Tuesday evening. I've checked my account just now (11.30 am Thursday morning), and this payment isn't showing.

I thought that if I made a payment on Tuesday afternoon, that it would be credited to my account this morning. Am I mistaken?

Thanks!

Hi gerard1970,

Thank you for getting in contact today.

We just need more information from you regarding the credit card. Who is the credit card provider? and have you made this payment to this card before?

Many Thanks.

John

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭gerard1970

Hi John,

It's a Bank of Ireland Credit Card and I made the payment from a Bank of Ireland current account. Payment was made via web site.  I hope this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭gerard1970

Hi John,

I've checked my account just now, and the payment still isn't showing on my credit card:confused: .  My original question still stands "How long for a payment to be credited to my Credit Card account?"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 490 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Jennifer

gerard1970 wrote: »
    Hi John,

I've checked my account just now, and the payment still isn't showing on my credit card:confused: .  My original question still stands "How long for a payment to be credited to my Credit Card account?"

Hi gerard1970,

thanks for coming back to us. If a payment is made before the cut off point of 3.30pm it will credit the account the next working day. However if the payment is made after this time it is not processed until the next working day and it will be a further working day before it reaches the credit card account. Since this timeframe has since passed we would recommend that you raise this query by logging into your account through a pc/laptop, select Service Desk and Ask a Question. Alternatively you can call our customer service team on 0818 365 365 and one of our advisors will be happy to look into this for you.

Please feel free to get in touch with us if we can help you with anything else.

Thanks Jen

Advertisement