Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Experience With Bill Pay Mobile While Unemployed?

Options
  • 14-03-2019 2:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Just wondering has anybody here been on or currently on a contract with a network inspite of being without a job?

Like I called 3 and they said applying was worth a shot, but that didn't sound great to me.

Has anyone here been granted a contract for a bill pay mobile phone whist unemployed if so which carrier, contract length, phone deposit, etc is likely to be approved.

My credit rating is fairly fine so I don't think that would go against me.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

I know this doesn't answer your question, but why does it have to be billpay contract?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 gobSIDES

Davy wrote: »
    I know this doesn't answer your question, but why does it have to be billpay contract?

Just because my phone got busted and right now at this stage on Monday 25th I'm going away for a week and all my savings went on that so up front I have like very little cash and need a phone as my driver really.

So being that I have good credit rating I was wondering before going into store to get it whether it would be a flat out no due t being off work.

But luckily I went into Three and they gave me a phone on a 24 month contract with a small deposit I borrowed from my sister...a bit of a bum move lol, but hey it worked out.

If anyone else looking at this thread for an answer in future on same subject, the answer is no your employment status shouldn't affect your ability to pick up a contract if you have a good credit history.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,784 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Why bother? What features on an €800 phone do you need that are not on a €200 one?

Advertisement