Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Scanning

• 14-03-2019 3:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 39

Hi,
    Just a quick question regarding scanning.
    We've used the same scanner here for as long as I can remember but it looks like he had an off day this year.
    What percentage of ewes does your scanner get wrong each year?
    I'm not complaining as we're now at a little over two lambs to each ewe and ewes were housed in great condition.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

Hi,
    Just a quick question regarding scanning.
    We've used the same scanner here for as long as I can remember but it looks like he had an off day this year.
    What percentage of ewes does your scanner get wrong each year?
    I'm not complaining as we're now at a little over two lambs to each ewe and ewes were housed in great condition.

0.01% id say. Have to be done at the correct time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Cran

0.01% id say. Have to be done at the correct time

Even lower here I’d say running joke between us on him getting one wrong, never happens. Tbh if he told was getting into hedge cutting I’d use him for it..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭Lambman

Same here can't remember last time he was wrong... In fairness it was 1 year he said I scanned a bit late and some doubles could be trebles I think 1 was... He could name the first ewe that gonna lamb.

Advertisement