Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Back 4 Blood (Left4Dead 3 kinda?) PC, PS4, XB1

Options
  • 14-03-2019 4:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,918 ✭✭✭

So Turtle Rock Studios, the creators of L4D, have announced a new zombie co-op shooter called Back 4 Blood. I've paraphrased some answers from the FAQ;

• The game will be a co-op zombie FPS with added *something*
    • It'll be true to L4D's roots, whilst still trying to innovate with new ideas
    • It's a brand new IP and not connected to L4D
    • Defo coming to PC, XB1 and PS4, but other platforms not ruled out
    • It's a premium AAA title
    • Yes to PvP, yes to a campaign, no to battle royale
    • Very early in development
    • Warner Bros are publishing (sigh), and TR didn't rule out microtransactions (double sigh). I hoped they'd have learned from the Evolve debacle

The real possibility of microtransactions puts a huge dampener on what should have been great news. I've long wanted a new L4D, and this could be as close as we ever get. But I hate the way WB handled the Middle-earth games amongst others. Wait and see I suppose.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,918 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

Missed this when you first posted it, but i've been a die hard PS user since day 1 and always wanted a L4D style game.

I can see this maybe pushing out to next-gen considering that they're still working on it over a year after your last post on it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Give Vermintide 2 a go.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭Homelander

Will be day 1 purchase for me. Absolutely mental that Valve never went about producing an official Left4Dead 3.

I mean, Left4Dead 2 in itself was a ton of fun, but barely more than an add-on rather than real sequel.

Advertisement