Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pregancy Due date confusion? HELP

Options
  • 14-03-2019 6:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hello ladies so
    Bascially I’m 29 +6 weeks pregant expeanting a little boy on the 25th of May. Which originally should of been 29th of May but got pulled back as they said he’s measuring four days bigger or something along those lines. Anytime I ask the reasoning it’s never been made clear to me.

My last period was 22nd of August 2018 which makes my due date out to be 29th May so why have they changed it ? To the 25th ( i know they say baby’s few days bigger) but in doing that they are initially saying on paper that I had my period on the 12th when I did not as I track it on an app and know exctaly when it was. My periods are not regular in that they may last 3/5 days no period the same and the length of cycle is uasually from around anything from 25,26 days right up until a 40 day gap? But the few months before the pregancy they were all about 25-27 days long in cycle. I’m just really lost as to what they are trying to say. To me it almost looks like they are telling me I have my periods wrong and I concived during my actually period dates ? When I know for a fact it wasn’t possible as I wasn’t sexually active during my period and the dates and was shortly a few days after Which would of been the 28/29th August and 1/2septmber I was hoping someone could help me understand this, why have they changed my period date ? And why have they changed my due date from 29th to the 25th (just to mention my midwife left a note to the hostipal telling them if I got ten days over my due date 25th May - not to induce me as my original date should be 29th May ) ? Is it all because he’s just measuring few days bigger ? And my dates aren’t wrong ? Please can someone figure this out for me 😂

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭Loveinapril

You could have ovulated earlier than you think and sperm lives up to 5 days inside you so conception could have happened at any time, not just the day you have sex. The scans usually use the size of the baby as an indication for when it is due. It is so common to be given a date a few days either side of what you think yourself, don't worry about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

Calculating due date based on first day of last period is based on people with a 28 -ish day cycle. If you don’t have a 28 day cycle, you probably didn’t conceive in the same window as someone who has that textbook cycle, so dating scams are a more accurate way to tell. Did they change your dates early on in your pregnancy, or more recently? Scans before 20wks are more accurate for dating than after, but still, they would have a fair idea.
    Try not to stress about it, baby will come when it’s ready!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,907 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Also hospitals often have policies - if your dates measure more or less than (say) 6 days from what they are measuring they will "change" your date. Either way, in your case it is a very small number of days and sounds like baby is doing great, so don't worry too much about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,452 ✭✭✭scarepanda

I had a very long cycle the cycle i got pregnant. Thankfully I was tracking ovulation, so knew exactly the day I ovulated, did the deed, but pregnancy is still dated 3 or 4 days after that date.

As others have said ovulation/doing the deed/insemination etc can all be a few days out. At the scan they will use baby's measurements to give a more precise date. And to be honest, the due date is only an estimation, very few babies (I think as low as 5%) arrive on their due date.

Advertisement