Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parks (and Rec.) in Trim

• 14-03-2019 11:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭

Hi,

Looking into moving to Meath in the medium term. Where I am living at the moment in Dublin we are lucky enough to be located beside a really lovely park.

A lot of towns in Meath seem to lack decent sized parks for all the houses that are been built as far as I can see. Is that a fair comment?

Specifically in relation to Trim, is there a local park?

Is running along the river path the only real option for running on grass?

Are there any public green spaces on the outskirts?

Thanks,

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

I'd say Trim has the biggest town park in Ireland! We have the Porchfields smack bang in the centre of the town.
    The open green spaces outside the town is farmland so you can't go wandering there unless you join the local gun or fishing club.
    As for running on grass you can run on the path or the grass in Porchie.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭abbey

Great to know, will make a day trip to investigate further. Thanks for the reply.

It's a pity every town does not have such a basic facility as a right.....

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭abbey

http://www.trimtown.ie/funding-for-looped-walk-in-porchfields/

I dug this out, what sort of progress has been made on the walks, maybe they are complete?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

abbey wrote: »

what sort of progress has been made on the walks, maybe they are complete?

You'll just have to wait until you make your day trip to investigate....#visittrim

Advertisement