Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Switch from Vodafone to Three

Options
  • 14-03-2019 11:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

Hi

I’m thinking of switching from Vodafone SIM only plan (10 GB data) for 35 euro to Three Bill Pay 3 Unlimited Flex Max SIMO for 30 euro (60 GB monthly included).

The main reason for switching is insufficient mobile data. I like the signal coverage and speed I get with Vodafone, but 10 GB is not enough..

How is the coverage and speed with Three? Worth the switch?

By the way, how can I retain my existing Vodafone number?

Many thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

Yes you can keep your number, you need to port your number to 3

For coverage it will depend on your location and phone, I would recommend getting a SIM card from 3 to test for a few days.

Check eir plans too?

• Registered Users Posts: 26 JokerPower

nava wrote: »
    Yes you can keep your number, you need to port your number to 3

For coverage it will depend on your location and phone, I would recommend getting a SIM card from 3 to test for a few days.

Check eir plans too?

Thanks for reply.

I travel almost everyday accros different regions, using Google Maps for navigation. So I need good coverage throught the Dublin, but also for other cities..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,691 ✭✭✭corks finest

Solitaire wrote:
    Okay, we've had a lot of chat on the BA and Personal Sales Links thread of late, and even the constructive posts really need to be merged into the Alert they relate to. As a result I'm setting up a non-sticky (we've already maxed our allocation ) sister thread for all the extra stuff from BA and Ads to go into:

JokerPower wrote:
    The main reason for switching is insufficient mobile data. I like the signal coverage and speed I get with Vodafone, but 10 GB is not enough..

JokerPower wrote:
    Many thanks in advance.

JokerPower wrote:
    I’m thinking of switching from Vodafone SIM only plan (10 GB data) for 35 euro to Three Bill Pay 3 Unlimited Flex Max SIMO for 30 euro (60 GB monthly included).

Dont+vodaphone X is e20 a month ( student officially- but open to all) I get 20 GB plus 100 minutes,plus messages/ also chose"weekend" which is unlimited calls/ data/messages from Fri- Sunday midnight

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭davidhick77

Similar type issue. I am on a Simo plan with three. Want to upgrade my phone. There is a pre pay phone on special offer for x amount. Have contacted three on different platforms ie in shop. Through Facebook messenger and on three chat. Conflicting results on whether I can get the offer. The one that may help me stares that I buy the phone pre pay with a new Sim for x amount and just use my own Sim then. Others state that I have to port over from another network. If so is there any way I can swap from my simo to prepay and then back to my simo ? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭Vic_08

Similar type issue. I am on a Simo plan with three. Want to upgrade my phone. There is a pre pay phone on special offer for x amount. Have contacted three on different platforms ie in shop. Through Facebook messenger and on three chat. Conflicting results on whether I can get the offer. The one that may help me stares that I buy the phone pre pay with a new Sim for x amount and just use my own Sim then. Others state that I have to port over from another network. If so is there any way I can swap from my simo to prepay and then back to my simo ? Thanks

Post up the link for the phone, it may be available sim-free elsewhere for less.

If it is a porting offer they probably want a port from a different network, not from 3 billpay to 3 PAYG. I wouldn't do it anyway, anything non-standard like that and the chances of them effing it up rises substantially, avoid dealing with 3 customer services at all costs.

If one shop says you can get it without porting then just buy there, PAYG comes with no commitment to a contract so you can walk out of the shop and do what you like with the phone, with these offers usually you will have to buy a €20 top-up and they may or may not apply it to the PAYG sim you get with the phone or just give you the voucher to top-up yourself.

If you need to port then get a PAYG sim from a different network, set it up in a working phone so it can recieve texts and use that to port to 3 PAYG with the phone you want to buy, once you get the phone and ported 3 sim you can use the phone with your 3 billpay phone and throw away the PAYG sim. Or keep it active in you old phone, you never know when a second phone/number may be useful.

Like above you will have to get a top up with the 3 phone so the deal may not be so great unless you know someone on 3 PAYG who will take the top-up, assuming they give you the voucher instead of applying it directly to the account.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Gooser14

The phone is likely to be locked to the 3 network and you have to top up your SIM by at least Euro 130 before you can apply for the unlock code.

Advertisement