Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fortnite purchasing

Options
  • 15-03-2019 12:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭

Hi

I have a Microsoft family account set to monitor my 10 year old activity. Put 25 euro on his account so he could buy stuff for fortnite, 25 euro limit.

He made a purchase of 10 euros but it came directly from my pay pal account.
    PayPal is for the subscription, is there a setting that need to be changed so i use the 25 euro still in his account.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

Hi

I have a Microsoft family account set to monitor my 10 year old activity. Put 25 euro on his account so he could buy stuff for fortnite, 25 euro limit.

He made a purchase of 10 euros but it came directly from my pay pal account.
    PayPal is for the subscription, is there a setting that need to be changed so i use the 25 euro still in his account.

it should use the credit first once you have applied it but if payment is being taken from your paypal then he might either be logged in as you and not himself or when the payment option came up, he might have left paypal selected by accident.

MS customer chat support should be able to help you though. They are usually pretty good with stuff like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭Hedgecutter

I have a family account on Xbox through Microsoft account. The adult account (ME) has xbox gold live to play fortnite, but the kid account doesn't, do i have to buy gold live for both accounts.

I have a family account on Xbox through Microsoft account. The adult account (ME) has xbox gold live to play fortnite, but the kid account doesn't, do i have to buy gold live for both accounts.

no you dont need a separate subscription, your live account should work for all your sub accounts too. :)

amadablam wrote: »
    no you dont need a separate subscription, your live account should work for all your sub accounts too. :)

is that a separate account again, or is it part of the Microsoft Xbox account i am confused this morning. for some reason it wont let him play fortnite because he needs xbox live, yet live is on my account.

is that a separate account again, or is it part of the Microsoft Xbox account i am confused this morning.

The account with the subscription is your main account (your account with Xbox live)

The sub accounts are your children accounts or family member accounts

They can all play your games (other than age restricted ones) and use your subscription to Xbox live gold.

console needs to be set as your home console and not his if you own the Gold subscription (worth checking that too)
    for some reason it wont let him play fortnite because he needs xbox live, yet live is on my account.

This is a restriction in your family settings on Microsoft family account that you need to change to allow him play it. I had to do it recently for a friend

Also, I think Fortnite is rated 12 years of age I think so you will need to change the restriction for that Id say

You need to change the restrictions you have set to allow him to access the content. Its under privacy and online safety and you will need to do it on a laptop or pc or something other than the console

loads of articles online on this one at the moment too so easy enough to go through it.

• Advertisement

amadablam wrote: »
    The account with the subscription is your main account (your account with Xbox live)

The sub accounts are your children accounts or family member accounts

They can all play your games (other than age restricted ones) and use your subscription to Xbox live gold.

console needs to be set as your home console and not his if you own the Gold subscription (worth checking that too)

This is a restriction in your family settings on Microsoft family account that you need to change to allow him play it. I had to do it recently for a friend

Also, I think Fortnite is rated 12 years of age I think so you will need to change the restriction for that Id say

You need to change the restrictions you have set to allow him to access the content. Its under privacy and online safety and you will need to do it on a laptop or pc or something other than the console

loads of articles online on this one at the moment too so easy enough to go through it.

The only thing not allowed under online safety is Kinect Sharing would this be my problem

Advertisement