Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

45 cars and over €40,000 seized in CAB raids in Limerick, Tipperary and Dubli

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 150 ✭✭Gary Owen

I bought a car from them in January .
    Went in knowing the rumours
    The boys are a bit rough around the edges but
    I got to take the car away for the afternoon and got it checked .
    Paid a deposit and collected the car a few days later .
    Paid by bank draft .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

MarkR wrote: »
    1552653888264.jpg

Knock knock

Wow thats some image! I thought it really funny when they were running a competition to give away a 10 year old convertible as prize, yet people wanted it

• Registered Users Posts: 8,925 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

bazz26 wrote: »
    Your contract is with the finance company unless the finance company was just a front.

Apparently the company raided in Dublin was a finance company and I know lads who never worked a day in their lives that got cars on finance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 275 ✭✭jacob2

1552653888264.jpg

Knock knock

here early for the special offers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,266 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Turns out it was pull to open, not push. Was open all along.

1552653888264.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,051 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

1552653888264.jpg

Knock knock

Please tell me those guns are not loaded, who are they pointing them at?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,234 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

They'd be pretty ****ing pointless without bullets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭Miike

No they stopped at Dealz on the way to raid the premises of an organized crime gang and picked up a few MP5s for 1.49

...and a few bottles of bubbles too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,461 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Went in to have a look at some cars once and promptly walked out again. All UK imports, none of which had been reregistered, working out of a portacabin. Looks like my opinion that they were as dodgy as f was correct.

Same. Looked at a 2012 bmw 320d there last year. Got the heebie jeebies. The list price dropped €1500 before I even drove the car. Plus all the cars there were a little rough. There was something off with all of them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Was there a armed stand off?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,925 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

bigpink wrote: »
    Was there a armed stand off?

You should have seen it, was like gunfight at the ok corral and big trouble in little China all rolled into one.

You should have seen it, was like gunfight at the ok corral and big trouble in little China all rolled into one.

Well there is a photo with armed Garda with guns out

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

I'm pretty sure there would have been a decision made as to whether the ERU was required.

I doubt they would any good with their weapons not loaded.

I'm pretty sure there would have been a decision made as to whether the ERU was required.

I doubt they would any good with their weapons not loaded.

Must have been people armed there so to point guns

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 150 ✭✭Gary Owen

bigpink wrote: »
    Must have been people armed there so to point guns

That picture was taken around 6.45 am .
    No one on premises .
    A case of smile for the camera

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭doublej

Miike wrote: »
    Auctioned, I believe. But not until they're no longer evidence :pac:

Not so; as cars depreciate in value, CAB place them for sale before any Court cases are heard.
    They get a Court Order once they can satisfy a judge that the property is the proceeds of crime; CAB and Customs have powers well beyond those of AGS.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Mc Love wrote: »
    Wow thats some image! I thought it really funny when they were running a competition to give away a 10 year old convertible as prize, yet people wanted it

The car was also a class 2 insurance write off which was , legally you could say, put back on the road. Yet people wanted it. If you ran a competition for a free cheeseburger for the 5th Sunday of the month for one person in every 5 thousand then people would still like and share.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Berty wrote: »
    The car was also a class 2 insurance write off which was , legally you could say, put back on the road. Yet people wanted it. If you ran a competition for a free cheeseburger for the 5th Sunday of the month for one person in every 5 thousand then people would still like and share.

Jesus that's incredible i didn't know that about the car.

The Father works close to the car dealer and watched the whole thing, said it was incredible

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭shawnee

So much for their warranty.Think they were running their own finance . Limerick is a haven for imports at present. Service history absent in many.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

CAB are well resourced and their profilers do a thorough job. They don't do raids like this on a whim either so it's reasonable to expect them make charges stick. It'll be interesting to see who exactly is involved ultimately.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,491 ✭✭✭goochy

i am sure the main dealers and legit used dealers in limerick area will be delighted with this - imagine running a legit business and having to compete with these guys !

you can spot a mile away the used places that are fronts for money laundering - i think the site they are on is rented from a former long est. main dealer ? think he was supposed to build new premises there at one stage - some of his old stock is on the site - always thought that a strange operation also but not suggesting anything .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Phileas Frog

shawnee wrote: »
    So much for their warranty.Think they were running their own finance . Limerick is a haven for imports at present. Service history absent in many.

They are intermediarys for Bluestone according to the CCPC. You can't legally run your own finance company in Ireland without all sorts of paperwork

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

Mc Love wrote: »
    Wow thats some image!

My 6 year old saw that picture yesterday afternoon. He was pretty worried when we were on our way to RollerJam in the evening in case the war hadn't ended.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭mgbgt1978

Upon reflection, I'm taking the names out. Court cases etc.

The Name of the company involved has been up here on the Limerick Section since 8pm yesterday. It's even in the Thread Title.

mgbgt1978 wrote: »
    The Name of the company involved has been up here on the Limerick Section since 8pm yesterday. It's even in the Thread Title.

There was names of people posted here too, which is what I think he is referring too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭Gen.Zhukov

It's a fairly cool bit of kit the gatecrasher is using. A version of this

https://cdn.officer.com/files/base/cygnus/ofcr/image/2013/12/960w/large-torch-mini-air-1-email_11281715.jpg

No expense spared for our ERU chaps.

Gen.Zhukov wrote: »
    It's a fairly cool bit of kit the gatecrasher is using. A version of this

https://cdn.officer.com/files/base/cygnus/ofcr/image/2013/12/960w/large-torch-mini-air-1-email_11281715.jpg

No expense spared for our ERU chaps.

https://www.broco-rankin.com/tactical/rescue-repair/broco-pca-5v2hr1/
    What do you reckon they cost, out of interest?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭Gen.Zhukov

Miike wrote: »
    https://www.broco-rankin.com/tactical/rescue-repair/broco-pca-5v2hr1/
    What do you reckon they cost, out of interest?

I'd hazard a conservative guess at around the 2k+ mark. Great kit. Cuts anything and I would presume the reason they would use that over a 300 quid con-saw would be little to no noise.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Eoinbmw

Boys and their toys!
    A completely staged photo op for CAB in fairness!
    Theres no criminals out of bed at that hour!
    Just happened to be a reporter on stand by to catch the action!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Townie_P

All the main players in this enterprise were raided a month ago at their various residences - personal vehicles, cash, cocaine, documents and electronic devices were seized. The raid on the car sales front is no surprise, there are other connected businesses in the county that could be targeted yet too. There are major criminals, dirty cops, a solicitor, an accountant, other connected businesses/fronts and another person from a well known business family involved in the operation as well, so I'd imagine this is only the start. I'd give it about 18 months to two years before CAB will confiscate everything they own, including multiple properties purchased/refurbished through the proceeds of crime.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/drug-dealer-caught-with-cocaine-and-luxury-vehicle-seized-during-cab-raids-1.3791129

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/garda-suspect-gang-bribed-detective-20000-for-secret-information-on-cab-probe-37849658.html

Advertisement