Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

45 cars and over €40,000 seized in CAB raids in Limerick, Tipperary and Dubli

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,925 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

Townie_P wrote: »

I'd say this lad is gone well into hiding, a month after his arrest and CAB bust this gangs money laundering scheme and seizing €2.8m in the raid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

Eoinbmw wrote: »
    Boys and their toys!
    A completely staged photo op for CAB in fairness!
    Theres no criminals out of bed at that hour!
    Just happened to be a reporter on stand by to catch the action!

Exactly. It was only a simple large lock that was on the gate FFS.
    A boltcutters or a cheap mini battery grinder from Aldi would've cut it off.
    How convenient that a press photographer 'happened' to be passing by at that time of the morning.
    Pathetic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,468 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

washman3 wrote: »
    Exactly. It was only a simple large lock that was on the gate FFS.
    A boltcutters or a cheap mini battery grinder from Aldi would've cut it off.
    How convenient that a press photographer 'happened' to be passing by at that time of the morning.
    Pathetic.
    The photos were posted onto the CAB Facebook page.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Townie_P

I'd say this lad is gone well into hiding, a month after his arrest and CAB bust this gangs money laundering scheme and seizing €2.8m in the raid.
    May well do now but these individuals have brass necks. They are career criminals involved in all manner of criminality. CAB cleaned out the car sales yard, only a couple of vehicles left in a corner there now. Based on how CAB have pursued the gangs in Dublin, you’d imagine they won’t stop there. Properties and other assets next. If you can’t prove it, you lose it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭wingnut

I wonder will CAB auction of the Monster Truck they had. Would be fricken awesome to open.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,925 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

wingnut wrote: »
    I wonder will CAB auction of the Monster Truck they had. Would be fricken awesome to open.

They didn't take the monster truck

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Drove down ballysimon road today. Strangest thing, one of the garages was missing all its cars!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,491 ✭✭✭goochy

theres another garage with decent showrooms along same road there is also quite suspect

• Registered Users Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭hooch-85

On the same road or further in the road?

the other suspect place has a fairly fancy modern showroom and some nice cars but has an odd feel to it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

I've heard it is legit - they used to be out in Raheen, and they do sponsor local football teams.

goochy wrote: »
    the other suspect place has a fairly fancy modern showroom and some nice cars but has an odd feel to it
    Mc Love wrote: »
    I've heard it is legit - they used to be out in Raheen, and they do sponsor local football teams.

Having dealt with them I've no reason to think they are dodgy. Yes they are not as polished as the suits you meet in main dealers but they seem to be decent lads. I carried out my own checks on the car I was happy with the deal I did, I know of a few others who have bought there and have the same experiences.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

hooch-85 wrote: »
    Having dealt with them I've no reason to think they are dodgy. Yes they are not as polished as the suits you meet in main dealers but they seem to be decent lads. I carried out my own checks on the car I was happy with the deal I did, I know of a few others who have bought there and have the same experiences.

I've heard a few mixed reports but more based around suspicions than anything concrete.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Any places doing huge numbers if U.K. imports atevto be suspect huge number are clocked

There's a lot of main dealers selling UK imports, are they all dodgy too?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,113 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

hooch-85 wrote: »
    There's a lot of main dealers selling UK imports, are they all dodgy too?

I've not seen many main dealers selling UK imports (doubt the manufacturers would be too happy with it), but most Irish dealers mainly sell Irish reg cars. These guys only had UK imports. Did they not do trade ins?

I traded a car in there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

I've not seen many main dealers selling UK imports (doubt the manufacturers would be too happy with it), but most Irish dealers mainly sell Irish reg cars. These guys only had UK imports. Did they not do trade ins?

Believe me they do, they just dont advertise it! I bought my current car off a Ford dealer and its an import.

cookiemonster you need to get out of limerick more - Merc. JLR and Bmw dealers here in cork all import used cars

• Closed Accounts Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Phileas Frog

goochy wrote: »
    cookiemonster you need to get out of limerick more - Merc. JLR and Bmw dealers here in cork all import used cars

They do in Limerick too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

so when's the big auction? will it be advertised?

fryup wrote: »
    so when's the big auction? will it be advertised?

Considering cars they seized from a well known Dublin gang about two years ago are still sitting in a compound at the curragh, it could be a long time yet before anything is sold. This case is only getting started it seems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,056 ✭✭✭893bet

A lot of code.

I think it was Mr Tall with the candle stick in the library.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 753 ✭✭✭badboyblast

Reservoir dogs wouldn't get a look in, zodiac signs and patron saints!!!! No clue except no one in limerick will ever buy a uk reg again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭dashoonage

I heard it was all set up by main dealers to force you into PCP deals on new cars.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,211 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

The car could be written off 10 times over and the NCT crowd wouldn't spot it!
    All they're good for is pulling and tugging at wheels to see if they can loosen a ball joint and fail the car.:mad:

One goes on the beer in Kanturk and the other gets to go for a bit of sun, sure they may as well while they can

https://www.limerickleader.ie/news/home/371153/limerick-based-cab-target-jets-to-spain-following-dawn-raid.html#.XJUkgtbUGus.facebook

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Giggsy19

I would have thought if they under investigation surely they shouldn't be allowed leave the country that easily?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

Giggsy19 wrote: »
    I would have thought if they under investigation surely they shouldn't be allowed leave the country that easily?

They weren't actually arrested. He owns a property out there which I believe is where he arranges his imports and such.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭ppn

Anyone hear what was raided in Tipperary?

Advertisement