Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meta Quest

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Evil Sausage

They look to be in stock on the official store now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Shlippery

Go go go! Oculus is very speedy in fairness if you get it direct!

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭MacGyver

Shipping on the 15th from the oculus store. Need to cancel that preorder now!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

MacGyver wrote: »
    Shipping on the 15th from the oculus store. Need to cancel that preorder now!

Just cancelled my scan uk order. Ordered directly due within the week. Cheers for heads up!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,965 ✭✭✭mp3guy

Woohoo got a 128GB one too!

• Advertisement

mp3guy wrote: »
    Woohoo got a 128GB one too!

Every online review says the 128 is a massive waste of money. 64 is plenty...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭pasta-solo

sticker wrote: »

Could be useful if you can store movies on it maybe? For apps, I've barely used more than a few GB of my 64gb model. Would take a huge number of installed apps to come close to the 128.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,965 ✭✭✭mp3guy

Home internet isn't great so more storage means less frequent downloading content.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,740 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

I've almost reached capacity on my 128 one.. definitely go for 128 if you can especially for sideloading

Half Life textures for example are a few gig

• Advertisement

Any alyx players try link vs virtual desktop

Interesting video below...

He also said 3rd party leads are not as good a official...? I thought I read here that the amazon uk cable was as good

Yeah I'm playing Alyx wirelessly...I think I posted on the Alyx thread

Quests available to buy on Oculus website now.

Do it! Dooooo it!

Not thrilled with the Link/VD performance...Link randomly cuts off while playing HL:A, looking at the desktop and moving head/hand movements, I can see it responding just fine...but in the headset itself it freezes completely and needs a reboot.

Virtual Desktop, seems to **** the bed when I run Alyx and stutters galore....and complains about GPU memory..despite having an RTX 2080 :(

my brain.

Shlippery wrote: »
    Not thrilled with the Link/VD performance...Link randomly cuts off while playing HL:A, looking at the desktop and moving head/hand movements, I can see it responding just fine...but in the headset itself it freezes completely and needs a reboot.

Virtual Desktop, seems to **** the bed when I run Alyx and stutters galore....and complains about GPU memory..despite having an RTX 2080 :(

my brain.

Weird.. no issues here so far, are you running an anti virus or some firewall that might be interfering?

Did you mess around with all the settings suggested in https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bm4kbHeXGrg ?

my brain.

Most reviews say the opposite. Odd you are having big issues with Alyx...

Mine is shipping soon. Anyone else having performance issues with Alyx on Quest?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭pasta-solo

I played Alyx using Quest with an Anker cable, had no issues whatsoever. Played through the entire game, and have replayed several sections without a single issue, it was pretty much flawless.

Must be some setting somewhere causing an issue?

pasta-solo wrote: »
    I played Alyx using Quest with an Anker cable, had no issues whatsoever. Played through the entire game, and have replayed several sections without a single issue, it was pretty much flawless.

Must be some setting somewhere causing an issue?

Yea, it's the Anker cable i'm using. There was a recent Oculus update which improved it a lil. I'll debug it OK. I think Link will work out, but I'd love to get the Virtual Desktop working smoothly, i've followed the tweak guides above. I think the issues is somewher on the headset as opposed to desktop. Because the mirrored tracking looks perfect if I cheat and look at my desktop screen.

May wipe it and start fresh.

Yea, it's the Anker cable i'm using. There was a recent Oculus update which improved it a lil. I'll debug it OK. I think Link will work out, but I'd love to get the Virtual Desktop working smoothly, i've followed the tweak guides above. I think the issues is somewher on the headset as opposed to desktop. Because the mirrored tracking looks perfect if I cheat and look at my desktop screen.

May wipe it and start fresh.

Sorry for silly question, but how do you 'debug'?

Was multi-tasking with genuine work stuff and writing that comment, think I just pasted something that was on clipboard!

But in short, I'm just gonna run through everything again step by step and see if it improves!

Whats the ETA on your own quest?

• Advertisement

Was multi-tasking with genuine work stuff and writing that comment, think I just pasted something that was on clipboard!

But in short, I'm just gonna run through everything again step by step and see if it improves!

Whats the ETA on your own quest?

No word on shipping yet but they took the few bob from my PayPal a few days back. No funds taken at ordering stage over a week ago..

Is it a tricky setup or fine tuning gfx settings?

Emsil just came through that it has shipped!

How long did yours take to get to you from initial shipment?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭kerplun k

Finished The Room VR: A Dark Matter. Very enjoyable. It does a lot of things right, first and foremost it nails the escape room feel and puzzle elements, it’s designed in a way that allows you to jump to the active spots of the puzzles. If you gave me the choice beforehand, I’d pick a more free roaming model, however, this design works exceptionally well. There’s a handy hint system that can nudge you in the right direction.

At €30 It’s a tad bit overpriced, but that’s almost all games on the oculus store. I’d say if you were to use the hint system abundantly, you’d be done in about 2 hours, but part of the fun for me was figuring out what to do. Admittedly the experience took me about 7 hours, to complete, but that’s probably down to me not being the brightest bulb in the pack.

The main issue I had, was the story. It’s almost non-existent, which is a shame really because it could have been so much more and would have really enhanced the experience.

Another missed opportunity was not including a multiplayer option. It would have been amazing playing this with some friends and collectively solving some of the rooms, especially in the scenarios that I got so fed up and used the hint system.

Anyhews, great game, looks fantastic and is well executed. If they knock 20% off in an upcoming sale, I’d recommend you pick it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭Daveq

Back in stock on Oculus.com!! Just nabbed a 64gb

Mine Just arrived...!!

Setting it up this evening. Any advised guides online for best way to setup?

I bought the cable from Amazon UK from a recommendation here. But I'm seeing some reviews saying its nowhere near as good as officical. Any truth in this?

Mine Just arrived...!!

Setting it up this evening. Any advised guides online for best way to setup?

I bought the cable from Amazon UK from a recommendation here. But I'm seeing some reviews saying its nowhere near as good as officical. Any truth in this?

Hmm the reviews on Amazon seem to suggest it works fine... make sure it's a USB 3 port I guess?

I've only got a Link cable which connects to a USB Type C port, so don't have experience with the alternative that goes through the USB 3 port.

My advice is first get some Quest games like Superhot or Thrill of the Fight... Eleven table tennis is great too

mrcheez wrote: »
    Hmm the reviews on Amazon seem to suggest it works fine... make sure it's a USB 3 port I guess?

I've only got a Link cable which connects to a USB Type C port, so don't have experience with the alternative that goes through the USB 3 port.

My advice is first get some Quest games like Superhot or Thrill of the Fight... Eleven table tennis is great too

Should I go straight for cable use first? Alyx is the primary game I want to play...

Should I go straight for cable use first? Alyx is the primary game I want to play...

I think you answered yer own question there :pac:

mrcheez wrote: »
    I think you answered yer own question there :pac:

:D

• Advertisement

Stupid Question, but the USB 3.0 cable - I dont see a port on my GFX card - Does it go in the GFX card of any USB port on the PC? Is there a way to check is all ports are USB 3.0?

Thanks

Advertisement