Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meta Quest

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

mrcheez wrote: »
    Yup that's the one I have and I've paired it with one of these:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07YSLSHN5/

Combination of the two are like silk

How does this work? I have the silicone cover on the headset and cannot get the cotton cover on top of it!!

Edit - Got it finally - tricky yoke to get over the silicone...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭kerplun k

The double tap for passthrough is a game changer for playing Quest whilst drinking :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,740 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

just spotted Polybius is around a fiver on Steam...man I gotta try that with Quest...would even work great with the Go!

The lockdown is making me crazy. I actually considered putting on a suit before playing pistol whip just to feel even more like John Wick.

I’ve only played 2 scenes so far, but its very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭Daveq

kerplun k wrote: »
    Next game. Arizona sunshine or pistol whip?

I've yet to try Pistol Whip but I don't think Arizona Sunshine is worth €39.99 vs Drop Dead €14.99

I'm playing Drop Dead now and I think it's better value for money, it's a bit more arcade/cartoon-ish, and it does the moving not you so kinda like a VR version of Time Crisis if that makes sense.

Arizona Sunshine you can walk around and the routing around in cars etc for ammo and weapons is good, but it's biggest let down for me is there is no melee attack. You also need a fair bit of space, well I do anyway, I find myself wandering a bit! If it was on offer I'd say try it, but not now.

• Advertisement

Drop Dead is excellent

Yep. 40 quid is a bit pricey. Not sure if I’ll even bother with AS now.

Pistol Whip is excellent. Loving the combination between this and EchoVR at the moment.

I can't wait to try this one out: https://sidequestvr.com/app/750

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭GoodGamerGuy

Hey there, anybody know where I can pick up a quest?
    Seems sold out everywhere.
    I have a Vive but the lighthouse has died and needs repair so I've been thinking about trying a quest out.
    I had the wireless adapter with the Vive and it's great, how would getting rid of the Vive and using the Quest stack up if I stream on virtual desktop?

Hey there, anybody know where I can pick up a quest?
    Seems sold out everywhere.
    I have a Vive but the lighthouse has died and needs repair so I've been thinking about trying a quest out.
    I had the wireless adapter with the Vive and it's great, how would getting rid of the Vive and using the Quest stack up if I stream on virtual desktop?

Much less SDE on Quest. Virtual Desktop is great, but really you should consider the Link cable for best quality with less artifacts.

Just keep watching the Oculus store for them to come back in stock.

• Advertisement

Much less SDE on Quest. Virtual Desktop is great, but really you should consider the Link cable for best quality with less artifacts.

Just keep watching the Oculus store for them to come back in stock.

Less SDE is nice!
    I heard many say virtual desktop is nearly if not better than the Link cable so worth trying. Do you think it would be similar to the Vive with wireless? I think I might buy it to try it and if it's bad IL sell it on

Less SDE is nice!
    I heard many say virtual desktop is nearly if not better than the Link cable so worth trying. Do you think it would be similar to the Vive with wireless? I think I might buy it to try it and if it's bad IL sell it on

Yeah it's much better clarity than Vive and Rift CV1.

Haven't tried wireless Vive so not sure, but I'm playing Alyx completely wirelessly even though I have option to use Link cable as it looks great. It looked a little better with Link though.

But both surpass the older headsets.

Yeah it's much better clarity than Vive and Rift CV1.

Haven't tried wireless Vive so not sure, but I'm playing Alyx completely wirelessly even though I have option to use Link cable as it looks great. It looked a little better with Link though.

But both surpass the older headsets.

That's great. Wireless on vive of great I just wonder if the quest would be better. The Hz is all in worried about though. Does it work work nice with Steam Vr? Like is it essentially just launching virtual desktop and it opens Steam or what? Can people on the TV still see what I see through steam VR and stuff ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

Just when I thought hmm should I sell my quest, I played echo arena, total game changer

• Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Just when I thought hmm should I sell my quest, I played echo arena, total game changer

Oh. My. God. Only played against ai so far cause I suuuuccckkk but it's Ender's Game in VR :) Love it

• Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Also saw a wonderful tip on reddit and figured I'd pass it on to anyone else suffering from cramped play area unless your house lets you take over the kitchen, an office swivel chair works perfectly in game and adds to the zero g feeling :)

ShooterSF wrote: »
    Oh. My. God. Only played against ai so far cause I suuuuccckkk but it's Ender's Game in VR :) Love it

oh cool you can play against AI?

I haven't had a chance to play it yet, but generally I avoid these things due to screaming kids

First night I played echo, the community was fantastic. But lately it just got a bit annoying. I find the lobby tends to be a bit grating, but once you get into an actual game it’s not as bad.

First night I played echo, the community was fantastic. But lately it just got a bit annoying. I find the lobby tends to be a bit grating, but once you get into an actual game it’s not as bad.

Like can you just play with AI initially for a minute or so to try it out?

I don't want to commit to a full game as all the free time I have is dedicated to Alyx at the mo :)

Like can you just play with AI initially for a minute or so to try it out?

I don't want to commit to a full game as all the free time I have is dedicated to Alyx at the mo :)

Yep there's training first, then you can play an AI game.

• Advertisement

Yep there's training first, then you can play an AI game.

Alright tried it out for a few mins last night before my battery died.

Got past the tutorial sections where you learn to punch the robots.

Then I got redirected into the lobby... heard some screaming kid... got the hell out of Dodge pretty quick.

Please tell me I can get back in and play this single player against AI? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

Seemingly Oculus has released a patch which allows the out of the box cable that comes with quest to now work with Oculus link, so pcvr available for everyone now with a pc capable of it

https://uploadvr.com/oculus-link-usb-2-update/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Shlippery

Got the anker cable so doesnt impact me, but great to see. Clearly trying to get more quest users buying from the Rift store? I've finished Alyx, got Red Matter, looking for my next itch to scratch. Think Saint and Sinners supposed to be quality!

Enjoying this Quest support. Long may it last.

Alright tried it out for a few mins last night before my battery died.

Got past the tutorial sections where you learn to punch the robots.

Then I got redirected into the lobby... heard some screaming kid... got the hell out of Dodge pretty quick.

Please tell me I can get back in and play this single player against AI? :D

Yep. I’ve noticed that it’s gotten progressively worse. The lobby is the worst.

I haven’t found the in game chat too bad. Also, I think once the training is done, you don’t have to repeat it, even if you haven’t played a game.

Yep. I’ve noticed that it’s gotten progressively worse. The lobby is the worst.

I haven’t found the in game chat too bad. Also, I think once the training is done, you don’t have to repeat it, even if you haven’t played a game.

Ah I was hoping I could play an actual game against the AI rather than just training?

Did I spot an AI button on the main panel?

Ah I was hoping I could play an actual game against the AI rather than just training?

Did I spot an AI button on the main panel?

You did.
    Simple enough. You go into the lobby, float your way up to the game screen and start an AI game.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭xabi_a

I'm looking to buy a VR device and I want to run Google Earth. I hear that with the link cable for the Quest, you can emulate Rift games. Does anybody know if Google Earth works in this way?

xabi_a wrote: »
    I'm looking to buy a VR device and I want to run Google Earth. I hear that with the link cable for the Quest, you can emulate Rift games. Does anybody know if Google Earth works in this way?

Yeah, and you don't need the link cable anymore just use the included cable!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭pasta-solo

Tetris Effect is available now for Quest. Very excited for this, it got rave reviews on PSVR, and I love Tetris!

https://twitter.com/OculusGaming/status/1261055733413687297?s=19

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭xabi_a

Yeah, and you don't need the link cable anymore just use the included cable!

Fantastic! I'll be going for the Quest so, can't wait!

Advertisement