Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meta Quest

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

Hi.

I'm selling my quest tomorrow. I am planning to get the quest 2 on launch. How do I remove my account from my old quest before selling it?

Will the account and games bought transfer to new quest 2?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 13,741 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

sticker wrote: »
    Hi.

I'm selling my quest tomorrow. I am planning to get the quest 2 on launch. How do I remove my account from my old quest before selling it?

Will the account and games bought transfer to new quest 2?

Thanks

https://support.oculus.com/298586437740040/

Yep your account and games will transfer to Quest 2 once you add a Facebook account to your Oculus account (bear in mind if the FB account is banned for being fake your games will disappear too so make sure the FB account is legit and has valid ID backing it)

According to this (nabbed from reddit) the Quest 2 has higher resolution than even the Index! Mad.

526952.png

• Registered Users Posts: 17,931 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

If I download a 3D film say a 3D bluray rip of Gravity, do the cinema apps give a good experience of the 3D effects?

Thargor wrote: »
    If I download a 3D film say a 3D bluray rip of Gravity, do the cinema apps give a good experience of the 3D effects?

yeah, make sure the rip is circa 20-30GB as otherwise it will look terrible

• Advertisement

mrcheez wrote: »
    Done, ordered a 64GB and a battery elite strap/carry case combo ... another cool €488 down, expensive hobby this!

Hi, where did you get the battery elite strap/carry case combo?

Hi, where did you get the battery elite strap/carry case combo?

on the oculus site

https://www.oculus.com/accessories/quest-2-elite-strap-battery-case/

It made more sense as I wanted the Elite Strap and a case, so for an extra €40 I get the battery version (the battery is supposed to act as an additional counterweight to improve comfort as well as extend sessions)

on the oculus site

https://www.oculus.com/accessories/quest-2-elite-strap-battery-case/

It made more sense as I wanted the Elite Strap and a case, so for an extra €40 I get the battery version (the battery is supposed to act as an additional counterweight to improve comfort as well as extend sessions)

Thanks! - out of stock at present but signed up for stock notifications. Shame there isnt a 3rd party cheaper version!

I bought these for my Quest, will they work on Quest 2?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Oculus-301-00184-01-Quest-In-Ear-Headphones/dp/B07Q1JGP9Z/ref=sr_1_5?dchild=1&keywords=quest+Oculus+headphones&qid=1600687626&s=videogames&sr=1-5

Thanks! - out of stock at present but signed up for stock notifications. Shame there isnt a 3rd party cheaper version!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Oculus-301-00184-01-Quest-In-Ear-Headphones/dp/B07Q1JGP9Z/ref=sr_1_5?dchild=1&keywords=quest+Oculus+headphones&qid=1600687626&s=videogames&sr=1-5

no unfortunately the Quest 2 has only one 3.5mm jack :(

Yeah I bought them too mate. Never even used them. Thank God I decided to wait for Black Friday before getting the prescription lenses.

Made a pre-order for the Oculus 2 64 GB and sold my Quest in CeX.

• Advertisement

I was about to preorder but then I remembered I had 250 EUR worth of OneforAll vouchers in bonuses from work to get rid of that I'm struggling to use since I do all my shopping online.

Do you think Argos/Harvey Norman/Curry's Pc World or anywhere else will have it physically in stock in store in October for a non-insane price? What happened last time?

I was about to preorder but then I remembered I had 250 EUR worth of OneforAll vouchers in bonuses from work to get rid of that I'm struggling to use since I do all my shopping online.

Do you think Argos/Harvey Norman/Curry's Pc World or anywhere else will have it physically in stock in store in October for a non-insane price? What happened last time?

according to https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=110551404 they were in Argos on launch so you might be lucky.

I'm in a similar situation with my vouchers, in that I'd like to use em up before new ones are issued at Xmas... have my eye on the Super Mario Game and Watch but might be sold out as you can't preorder using vouchers :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭Doge

I'm selling my oculus go tomorrow and may be selling my Rift CV1.

Maybe Mr Cheez could answer this one but how bad is the compression over Oculus Link / USB C on the Quest 1?

And how does it compare to playing it wirelessly with ALVR?

Thanks!

Doge wrote: »
    I'm selling my oculus go tomorrow and may be selling my Rift CV1.

Maybe Mr Cheez could answer this one but how bad is the compression over Oculus Link / USB C on the Quest 1?

And how does it compare to playing it wirelessly with ALVR?

Thanks!

Haven't tried ALVR, but Virtual Desktop was pretty excellent though I think the Link cable had the slight edge.

Half Life Alyx played perfectly and looked amazing in both...much better than my CV1

With Quest 2 I cannot wait to replay Alyx

Whats the best pure flying experience on Quest? Whether real world flying like MS flight sim/Google Earth or combat or just flying through ravines/skyscrapers like Mirrors Edge or whatever?
    according to https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=110551404 they were in Argos on launch so you might be lucky.

I'm in a similar situation with my vouchers, in that I'd like to use em up before new ones are issued at Xmas... have my eye on the Super Mario Game and Watch but might be sold out as you can't preorder using vouchers :mad:
    What was the Argos pricing like do you remember?

Whats the best pure flying experience on Quest? Whether real world flying like MS flight sim/Google Earth or combat or just flying through ravines/skyscrapers like Mirrors Edge or whatever?

What was the Argos pricing like do you remember?

Ultrawings is great and on sale today as it just so happens!

https://www.oculus.com/experiences/quest/1798409083604479/

Also End Space is a decent space sim ... there's a hang glider game coming out soon too.

No idea on Argos pricing, but I'd imagine it would be similar to Oculus. I've never known purchases from Oculus to be "cheaper"! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭Doge

So I know you can play Steam VR games wirelessly on the Quest using Virtual Desktop or ALVR,
    but I dont see anything about playing games purchased from the Oculus Store. (I presume you'd have to buy games for the Rift /S if it is possible)

Does that mean you should buy all the PCVR games from Steam only if you decide to have a wireless setup?

I asked Argos/Harvey Norman/Smyths and Currys-PC World (bottom one) on Twitter, same reply for all. Any other Bricks and Mortar options I might have missed?

ePC87vc.png

So I know you can play Steam VR games wirelessly on the Quest using Virtual Desktop or ALVR,
    but I dont see anything about playing games purchased from the Oculus Store. (I presume you'd have to buy games for the Rift /S if it is possible)

Does that mean you should buy all the PCVR games from Steam only if you decide to have a wireless setup?

Virtual Desktop plays Oculus and SteamVR games.

You need to sideload an updated version from SideQuest after you've bought the game on the Oculus store.

Virtual Desktop is pretty much essential if you have a capable PC for VR (not sure about ALVR)

I asked Argos/Harvey Norman/Smyths and Currys-PC World (bottom one) on Twitter, same reply for all. Any other Bricks and Mortar options I might have missed?

Maybe slim chance of Brown Thomas??

I got my AfterShokz there.. first time in the place, very swank though they knew I wasn't "one of them" :D

1. Advertisement
    2. Registered Users Posts: 17,931 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

I got my AfterShokz there.. first time in the place, very swank though they knew I wasn't "one of them" :D
        Oh yeah and Arnotts big tech department downstairs aswell thanks.

1. Posts: 0 ✭✭✭ Gloria Rhythmic Spokesman

Saw this posted on HUKD:

Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes - €4.50 via cross buy. That means it will work on my Quest 2 as well I think.

2. Registered Users Posts: 6,008 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Just pre ordered the 64GB version. Will they give me sort of advance notice of when they're gonna take the money out? It's not my main account so want to make sure I have enough in when it's needed

3. Registered Users Posts: 13,741 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Just pre ordered the 64GB version. Will they give me sort of advance notice of when they're gonna take the money out? It's not my main account so want to make sure I have enough in when it's needed

nope... they usually just grab it a few days before shipping so I guess plan to have the cash in the account in the first week of Oct

4. Registered Users Posts: 17,931 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Oh yeah and Arnotts big tech department downstairs aswell thanks.
          Arnotts tech guy in a couple of Gmails back and forth (after first being asked what it was by regular Arnotts customer service despite my original email linking to the Quest 2 homepage :rolleyes:) wasnt telling me anything for sure but he said email him again in 2 weeks and he'd tell me then so looking promising there anyway.

1. Registered Users Posts: 4,403 ✭✭✭Homelander

I have a Samsung Odyssey Plus that I bought and never used...and an Oculus Go that I used a bit but not much.

Would it make sense now to sell both and cover the cost of a Quest 2?

2. Registered Users Posts: 6,008 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

nope... they usually just grab it a few days before shipping so I guess plan to have the cash in the account in the first week of Oct

Cool, Before release or before shipping? Shipping date for me is 22nd October

3. Registered Users Posts: 13,741 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Cool, Before release or before shipping? Shipping date for me is 22nd October

Usually shipping ... just to be safe have the cash in there in October though

4. Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭Doge

Any advantages to buying direct from Oculus?

Its only £300 on amazon, but you need to use a mail forwarding service like Parcel Wizard / Motel / Address Pal.

5. Advertisement
        6. Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

Any advantages to buying direct from Oculus?

Its only £300 on amazon, but you need to use a mail forwarding service like Parcel Wizard / Motel / Address Pal.

That what I did with an posts overseas forwarding service.. same guarantee... No different...

Advertisement