Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meta Quest

Options

Comments

They extended the Asgard's Wrath promotion to all Quest 2 owners. Didn't see it posted in this thread (it is in the Rift/Vive one but not here). I just found out today!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭druss

They extended the Asgard's Wrath promotion to all Quest 2 owners. Didn't see it posted in this thread (it is in the Rift/Vive one but not here). I just found out today!

I opened a request case last night and it was sorted in the morning. Probably won't play it for ages now!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,743 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

oh right yeah, I posted it in the bargain alerts thread :)

gotta sub em all :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭bullpost

Doge wrote: »
    Anyone get the OCULUS30 code for 30% off eligible apps valid upto December 1st?

I think its for selected accounts only. I think i'll be using mine for Population One!

Got it last night. Walking Dead here we come :)

Doge wrote: »
    Path of the Warrior is on sale for €13.99 on the Quest store.

https://www.oculus.com/experiences/quest/2032870023439846/

It's cross buy so that if you buy it on the quest store you get the rift version free when you search for it on the rift store after buying it on the quest store. You do not need a quest to buy it.

It's like jumping into the world of streets of rage or double dragon in VR!

just fyi, this €9.99 on Rift store (cross buy) today

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

ShooterSF wrote: »
    Can anyone who uses their quest with their PC to play games (via link or Virtual Desktop) gimme an idea of CPU, GPU, Ram you are running and how well it gets on. Planning to head over to the building forum in the next weekish with a list for them to pick apart :)

So My GTX 1660 super and Ryzen 3600 machine arrived this week. Tried some Virtual Desktop Steam VR, unfortunately the router is in the sitting room and while my gaming rig is wired up I needed to be nearer the router to get it to work well or their was serious jitter and lag. I couldn't really try it out but had an anker 10ft cable ordered that arrived today. I bought the Humble VR bundle and installed Creed (I know I can get it on the quest too) and it worked like a charm. Now the only issue is my college semester has 2 weeks left and I have 4 assignments and some exams to deal with :/
    VR Xmas though... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Cirrus Incus

What courier service delivers the Quest 2 if ordered from the official Oculus website?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

What courier service delivers the Quest 2 if ordered from the official Oculus website?

Think its either DHL or UPS.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,636 ✭✭✭Glebee

Fastway delivered mine last week. It was lucky i was in, fastway are capable of leaving packages anywhere.

Think its either DHL or UPS.

Thanks, What's the general consensus on 64gb vs 256gb version?. Quest games looks pretty small. I've also got a gaming PC so will be using Link too along with standalone Quest games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭Mucashinto

Damn, Oculus don't really do game sales do they? :(

Being biased as I'd love some bargains but I really think they'd gain a lot more traction with new adopters if there were some quality games available reasonably cheap. A couple of 50% offs on some of the bigger titles would end up with me spending more money on other titles tbh and then I'm locked in with a decent library.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

Glebee wrote: »
    Fastway delivered mine last week. It was lucky i was in, fastway are capable of leaving packages anywhere.

Just asked one the lads who got one 2 weeks ago and it was Nightline/UPS. Think they use a bunch of different carriers. Did you buy off their site? Doesnt state fastway as a courier for them.

There's a good chance I won't be home when the courier arrives. Would it be safer to get it delivered to a parcel motel depot and pick it up there?

Mucashinto wrote: »
    Damn, Oculus don't really do game sales do they? :(

Being biased as I'd love some bargains but I really think they'd gain a lot more traction with new adopters if there were some quality games available reasonably cheap. A couple of 50% offs on some of the bigger titles would end up with me spending more money on other titles tbh and then I'm locked in with a decent library.

They used to have great deals. I guess a new marketing team took over... although free Asgard's Wrath made a nice change of pace

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭bullpost

mrcheez wrote: »
    Played direct from the headset, no need to connect a PC at all (apart from getting the game files onto the headset using any old PC)

https://sidequestvr.com/app/1446/return-to-castle-wolfenstein-vr-for-quest

Get the game from Fanatical for €1.34

https://www.fanatical.com/en/game/return-to-castle-wolfenstein

Did this over the weekend. Fair bit of work involved if you dont have side-quest/Steam clients already installed. But got through it and works per the instructions.

Looks great - only played a short time so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭Mucashinto

They used to have great deals. I guess a new marketing team took over... although free Asgard's Wrath made a nice change of pace

Had a look on the Oculus app on desktop and Rift games seem a fair bit cheaper generally (eg 11.50 vs 17.50 for SuperHot) so I guess there's a premium for going wireless. Fair enough, and hopefully it will come down with enough sales/competition :)

Just asked one the lads who got one 2 weeks ago and it was Nightline/UPS. Think they use a bunch of different carriers. Did you buy off their site? Doesnt state fastway as a courier for them.

Yes, bought direct. Facebook are taking a risk shipping with Fastway, I find them very hit and miss. They could leave the package under a bush in the garden....

Pistol Whip 2089 single player campaign out now...

... and it's FREE dlc!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭kerplun k

Pistol Whip 2089 single player campaign out now...

... and it's FREE dlc!!! :D

Nice

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭littlecopilot

Finally took the plunge and purchased the 64GB version off the Oculus store. Was in 2 minds over the 64GB and 256GB version but decided to purchase the smaller one and use the €100 I saved on games over Xmas.

Delivery date estimate was 11th December on the 256GB version but 24th December on the 64GB version I purchased! I hope it arrives before xmas

Is the estimated delivery accurate or has anybody received before that estimate?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭bluemachaveli

Finally took the plunge and purchased the 64GB version off the Oculus store. Was in 2 minds over the 64GB and 256GB version but decided to purchase the smaller one and use the €100 I saved on games over Xmas.

Delivery date estimate was 11th December on the 256GB version but 24th December on the 64GB version I purchased! I hope it arrives before xmas

Is the estimated delivery accurate or has anybody received before that estimate?

Delivery dates are normally pretty good, but I'd be a little wary of the 24th given the delays with couriers at the minute. Most are running at least a day or two behind schedule.

If you don't mind dropping an extra €13.99, most Argos stores have them in stock or available for collection over the next 3/4days. Might be worth a look.

Delivery dates are normally pretty good, but I'd be a little wary of the 24th given the delays with couriers at the minute. Most are running at least a day or two behind schedule.

If you don't mind dropping an extra €13.99, most Argos stores have them in stock or available for collection over the next 3/4days. Might be worth a look.

Cancelled my order and reserved one in my local Argos. Will collect this evening. No good worrying over the next 3 weeks over €14. Thanks for that

I ordered mine direct middle of Nov, came two days ahead of delivery date which was end of Nov. Your right though no point worrying about delays over 14 euro.

Glebee wrote: »
    I ordered mine direct middle of Nov, came two days ahead of delivery date which was end of Nov. Your right though no point worrying about delays over 14 euro.

I'm playing with it right now. So much for keeping it for Christmas :)

Definitely worth the extra €14 to be honest. Thanks all

• Registered Users Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭kerplun k

Dying to pick one up. I haven’t touched VR in about 2 months, so would be waste to get one right now. Hopefully in the new year when I have a bit more free time I’ll get one.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,432 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Anyone know if there is a quest2 in stock anywhere? Had a quick look online and seems to be out of stock in the usual suspects :)

EDIT: Just to add, am looking for Xmas pressie, I've seen it on the oculus site to arrive on the 4th of Jan

RedXIV wrote: »
    Anyone know if there is a quest2 in stock anywhere? Had a quick look online and seems to be out of stock in the usual suspects :)

EDIT: Just to add, am looking for Xmas pressie, I've seen it on the oculus site to arrive on the 4th of Jan

Only one I could find

https://www.currys.ie/ieen/gaming/virtual-reality/vr/oculus-quest-2-vr-gaming-headset-256-gb-10214112-pdt.html

I guess move fast!

• Registered Users Posts: 19 longvacation

Would a laptop with Vega 8 integrated graphics card handle Roblox VR with Oculus Quest 2?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭Doge

Would a laptop with Vega 8 integrated graphics card handle Roblox VR with Oculus 2?

Doubt it, a GTX 1060 is probably the minimum card to be used with VR.

I tried setting up Roblox in VR for my nephew but couldn't get it going at all on my Rift. I think they may have removed the ability to play it in vr or just made it awkward as hell.
    Haven't tried since then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭copperspock

I ordered a Quest 2 from Amazon on the 26th of November, but it still hasn't even progressed past the 'preparing for despatch' stage.
    Has anyone else ordered from Amazon and had delays?

I have a stock checker set up as well and have seen it actually come back in stock with a delivery date a few times (middle/late December but before xmas), so it's getting pretty frustrating to still not even have an estimated delivery date. I guess I should've cancelled my original order and gone with one of those, but I assumed that it would've been sorted by now.

I even contacted CS last Friday and they said they'd get back to me within 48 hours (they didn't). I know they're bogged down with orders but this is getting ridiculous.

Advertisement