Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meta Quest

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Evil Sausage

I ordered a Quest 2 from Amazon on the 26th of November, but it still hasn't even progressed past the 'preparing for despatch' stage.
    Has anyone else ordered from Amazon and had delays?

I have a stock checker set up as well and have seen it actually come back in stock with a delivery date a few times (middle/late December but before xmas), so it's getting pretty frustrating to still not even have an estimated delivery date. I guess I should've cancelled my original order and gone with one of those, but I assumed that it would've been sorted by now.

I even contacted CS last Friday and they said they'd get back to me within 48 hours (they didn't). I know they're bogged down with orders but this is getting ridiculous.

Hope you got a delivery date - they now have the 64GB in stock on Amazon again, was able to order one with an estimated delivery of the 11th

• Registered Users Posts: 13,743 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Superhot got a new free level for "boxing day"

https://uploadvr.com/superhot-vr-boxing-day-update/

Also Myst is out now: https://www.oculus.com/experiences/quest/2719294624823942/

I never played the original but it sounds intriguing... damn, too many games too little time.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

I haven't seen it mentioned here and I've only put 20 minutes into it so far but my god In Death: Unchained is fun. You have a bow and arrow that you use to move and shoot enemies and it is sooo satisfying when you plant one in a guys head from downtown :D Gives the arms a bit of a work out too..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,035 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

Picked up the 64GB in Argos in Tullamore, only one I could find in Ireland that I was guaranteed before Christmas, the kids (and me) will loose it on Christmas morning when they see this!

ShooterSF wrote: »
    I haven't seen it mentioned here and I've only put 20 minutes into it so far but my god In Death: Unchained is fun. You have a bow and arrow that you use to move and shoot enemies and it is sooo satisfying when you plant one in a guys head from downtown :D Gives the arms a bit of a work out too..

It's my all time most played game on any platform I own (the Rift version). Yes it's a superb shoulder workout.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Hiya

I am considering getting the oculus quest 2 but have a few questions since I have never used a VR headset before.

My main reason for getting one would be to use the scenery/travel programs, I'm sure I will try some games but that won't be it's main function.

Is it easy to set up for non tech people to use? For example if I am using it and want my parents/elderly relations to use it is there a lot of setting up or can you simply take it off and give to the next person?

Also considering I won't be going crazy downloading games is the 65gb version enough or should I get the bigger version.

Thank you for any help, I have some elderly relations who have never left the county, never mind travelled abroad, and think it would be amazing for them to experience

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭copperspock

Hope you got a delivery date - they now have the 64GB in stock on Amazon again, was able to order one with an estimated delivery of the 11th

Yeah I spotted it coming back in stock again so I pulled the trigger and ordered a second one, paying a bit more for standard delivery to ensure it got here before xmas.

There's been a weird mixup, basically payment was only taken for my second order but my first order just got shipped.

It's due to arrive on the 17th so I think I'll just wait until it's in my hands before doing anything else.

I'm just glad to finally be getting one, I've bought so many games and accessories in anticipation :D

JJayoo wrote: »
    Hiya

I am considering getting the oculus quest 2 but have a few questions since I have never used a VR headset before.

My main reason for getting one would be to use the scenery/travel programs, I'm sure I will try some games but that won't be it's main function.

Is it easy to set up for non tech people to use? For example if I am using it and want my parents/elderly relations to use it is there a lot of setting up or can you simply take it off and give to the next person?

Also considering I won't be going crazy downloading games is the 65gb version enough or should I get the bigger version.

Thank you for any help, I have some elderly relations who have never left the county, never mind travelled abroad, and think it would be amazing for them to experience

Yeah 64GB should be grand.

It is quite easy to use. Just point and click.

Just make sure your Facebook account is all good and you're set.

Thank you for the info MrCheez

I finally ended up getting the 265gb one on Amazon, should get a good few years out of it and eventually upgrade

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭RonnieL

I'm tempted to treat myself to a quest 2. I'm not into gaming really, but we had a bit of craic with a gear VR a few years ago. Would the quest be much better? Any chance of me getting one by/shortly after Christmas?

RonnieL wrote: »
    I'm tempted to treat myself to a quest 2. I'm not into gaming really, but we had a bit of craic with a gear VR a few years ago. Would the quest be much better? Any chance of me getting one by/shortly after Christmas?

yeah much more advanced than Gear VR... totally different experience as you can actually walking around the virtual world rather than just sitting there looking around. Also visuals would be much higher.

Could take a chance on an Amazon order and you might get lucky.

Also seem to be in stock @ Currys

https://www.currys.ie/ieen/gaming/virtual-reality/vr/oculus-quest-2-vr-gaming-headset-256-gb-10214112-pdt.html

mrcheez wrote: »
    yeah much more advanced than Gear VR... totally different experience as you can actually walking around the virtual world rather than just sitting there looking around. Also visuals would be much higher.

https://www.currys.ie/ieen/gaming/virtual-reality/vr/oculus-quest-2-vr-gaming-headset-256-gb-10214112-pdt.html

Thanks! I might try find the 64gig somewhere if I can, since I can't imagine I'll be downloading many games.

Thanks! I might try find the 64gig somewhere if I can, since I can't imagine I'll be downloading many games.

I have been watching a lot of review videos online and the 64 gb one seems to be recommended alot as the games really aren't that big.

The one I ordered from amazon won't be here till the 29th, I was half tempted to cancel and go to curry's but feck it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

I have been watching a lot of review videos online and the 64 gb one seems to be recommended alot as the games really aren't that big.

The one I ordered from amazon won't be here till the 29th, I was half tempted to cancel and go to curry's but feck it.

Amazon orders usually come way earlier then advised, I had something arrive today that wasn't supposed to arrive until next Tuesday

Not sure how many on here are subbed to the bargain alerts thread but FYI that Star Wars Squadrons is €13.99 on Epic with their €10 off coupon... bargain!

Not sure how many on here are subbed to the bargain alerts thread but FYI that Star Wars Squadrons is €13.99 on Epic with their €10 off coupon... bargain!

I'm thinking of getting that and Trover Saves the Universe for a fiver. I just hope they'll work well via VD.

I'm thinking of getting that and Trover Saves the Universe for a fiver. I just hope they'll work well via VD.

Trover used to work, then stopped, though I'm not sure if that is back working again.

Star Wars is supposed to work perfectly on VD though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭kerplun k

I’m kinda annoyed. I Just got handed 256 Q2. I was also gifted walking dead and Jurassic world aftermath, then my bro hands me down his old Alienware laptop. But I’ve also got 2 young bambinos, one that’s just a month old, plus work is mental, so I’ve got zero time to play any of this. F**k it, who needs sleep anyway.

What are people doing for head straps? The rubber band that comes with it isn’t too bad, I’ve ordered the fake elite off Ali express, just to give it a try, but will be at least a month before it gets here.

I’m considering the elite battery pack one. Has anyone tried it? Also the Halo one from Ali express also looks like it could be okay.

Preach on brother.. I don't even have kids but even I find it hard to find time to game... I truly bow down to ye with sprogs to balance too, I think the stress would kill me :D

eh the official straps are pretty bad as they are prone to breaking, but yeah the Ali Express one seems good.

I seem to be the only person on the planet who actually likes the cloth strap.. I just have it up high around my crown ;)

• Advertisement

Any link to the mentioned Ali strap?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,182 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

I have a vive version of that , its not bad, although it was a nightmare to put together ( at least on the vive), and the screws that the back half hinge on aren't great ( I swapped them out).. I modified a 3d printed part to add headphones on , I'll post a link later if anyone wants..

Dr Bob wrote: »
    I have a vive version of that , its not bad, although it was a nightmare to put together ( at least on the vive), and the screws that the back half hinge on aren't great ( I swapped them out).. I modified a 3d printed part to add headphones on , I'll post a link later if anyone wants..

Yes please.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,182 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

Theres a few adaptors that you can print designed around koss porta pro* headphones ,
    I'd tried two other designs , thisthe adaptors designed for the original quest strap , and these which alllowed them fit onto the 3rd party halo design .The problem I found was that while they were really adjustable, the whole thing would break after a while , as maybe the halo strap was putting too much pressure on the moveable parts .
    So I took the two parts, removed some extra stuff, changed a some dimensions around and fused them together at an angle in tinkercad
    https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4663227
    536780.PNG
    They're much much sturdier than the original separate parts , and becuase the whole thing is a little tighter it supports the headset a little better . The downside is that if your head is much smaller or bigger than mine it may not fit as well , although theres still some flexibility in the headphones position so it may be ok .

*(the portapro's are cheap enough on amazon, but if you're on a budget you can buy 'replacement' earpieces and cables on aliexpress

Took the plunge and received my quest 2 this morning (ordered Friday on amazon, with prime delivery to parcel motel). Going to save it for Christmas day. Any game recommendations to get me going? Also, any recommendations for stuff to impress the kids with on it?

Took the plunge and received my quest 2 this morning (ordered Friday on amazon, with prime delivery to parcel motel). Going to save it for Christmas day. Any game recommendations to get me going? Also, any recommendations for stuff to impress the kids with on it?

The Star Wars experiences are a great intro IMO. It’s essentially a theme park experience.

One for showing it off to the family would be Richies Plank Walk, the only thing is that it’s €15 for a once off experience that you’ll probably only use occasionally. I actually did this out my back garden and used a real plank, great craic.

Just make sure if you go outside, that it’s overcast. Any sunlight could damage your device.

Mine arrived today, haven't turned it on yet but when trying the headset on I can see a lot of space around the nose. Is it meant to be a total seal?

Image is very blurry not crisp at all.

Tried watching a few 'immersive videos' that are featured and there is no point as the quality is so piss poor and there doesn't seem to be any way to load the videos before watching.

I have it downloading the national geographic game and the plank game so hopefully they will be better.

Also getting the fcuking thing on and off is awkward

• Advertisement

Image is very blurry not crisp at all.

Tried watching a few 'immersive videos' that are featured and there is no point as the quality is so piss poor and there doesn't seem to be any way to load the videos before watching.

I have it downloading the national geographic game and the plank game so hopefully they will be better.

Also getting the fcuking thing on and off is awkward

Have you tried adjusting the lenses to correct for your IPD?

https://www.vrroom.buzz/vr-news/tech/essential-tips-get-started-have-blast-quest-2

Advertisement