Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meta Quest

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,743 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

JJayoo wrote: »
    Image is very blurry not crisp at all.

Just to temper your expectations a bit, VR isn't going to be 100% as sharp as your 4K TV or computer monitor, it still only a few years old, so things will appear a little "softer" than you are used to staring at a high def screen.

Typically this wears off though and the immersion factor takes over after an hour or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Thank you for the feedback.

So you can pre download videos, which means they run much much clearer, really excellent. I have been looking at a lot of wildlife videos which can be found in the 'TV' section.

I have also bought the plank game, very funny watching my brother freak out as he hates heights.

It's amazing to think where this technology will be in 5 years time.

Definitely need a different head strap tho

Is there a chance of a Christmas sale? Not sure since the last sale was only a few weeks ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭druss

Is there a chance of a Christmas sale? Not sure since the last sale was only a few weeks ago.

There was from Christmas Day till 29 December last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Natasha.ie

Just found out today that could have ordered and collected the next day in argos.ie for oculus quest 2 instead of hoping and waiting it will get delivered ! But argos and pc world are nearly 40 euro dearer then amazon. Was thinking of getting the strap bundle but out of stock or long wait on it, anyone know where might be sold in Dublin before xmas or wait till January and maybe then be a sale on amazon?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭kerplun k

Natasha.ie wrote: »
    Just found out today that could have ordered and collected the next day in argos.ie for oculus quest 2 instead of hoping and waiting it will get delivered ! But argos and pc world are nearly 40 euro dearer then amazon. Was thinking of getting the strap bundle but out of stock or long wait on it, anyone know where might be sold in Dublin before xmas or wait till January and maybe then be a sale on amazon?

It won’t go on sale. I’d bet my house on it. The question is, collect now and pay the extra, or order online for slightly cheaper and hopefully get it in early January. It depends on your situation really.

Regarding the strap, I’d say just order from oculus, there’s a few questions around it’s durability. Oculus have great customer support, so if you have any issues down the line, they’ll sort it handy enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

kerplun k wrote: »
    Regarding the strap, I’d say just order from oculus, there’s a few questions around it’s durability. Oculus have great customer support, so if you have any issues down the line, they’ll sort it handy enough.

They are offering a 2 year warranty on the strap btw. So Oculus is the way to go imo.

wes wrote: »
    They are offering a 2 year warranty on the strap btw. So Oculus is the way to go imo.

Didn't know about that... must have been a recent announcement last week

https://www.theverge.com/2020/12/15/22176820/oculus-quest-2-elite-strap-extended-warranty-quality-problems

I want the case so might try out buying one of those battery straps again in January if the warranty is 2 years!

The comfort of the cloth strap is ok (for me), but longer battery in a neat profile plus a case are the two main things I'd get out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭Doge

I fitted the Chinese GOMRVR halo strap to my Quest 2 today and the comfort is simply amazing now. The weight is so much more balanced.

So much handier when putting it on other people's heads too, with the original strap that was nightmare to have to adjust to different headshapes.

Now it's simply a case of loosening and then tightening the dial on the back.

Doge wrote: »
    I fitted the Chinese GOMRVR halo strap to my Quest 2 today and the comfort is simply amazing now. The weight is so much more balanced.

So much handier when putting it on other people's heads too, with the original strap that was nightmare to have to adjust to different headshapes.

Ah ****e, I should have ordered this one instead of the fake elite from AE. I think I’ll bang in an order for it now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭RonnieL

Can you share a link if you don't mind? Thanks!

RonnieL wrote: »
    Can you share a link if you don't mind? Thanks!

This is the one I ordered. Raging I didn’t order it earlier.

https://a.aliexpress.com/_mNma5at

This looks like the PSVR strap which gives me the major headaches... I wonder if the Elite would work better in my case :pac:

mrcheez wrote: »
    This looks like the PSVR strap which gives me the major headaches... I wonder if the Elite would work better in my case :pac:

I’ve a relatively small head so the PSVR was actually the most comfortable sitting headset for me. Tis was just those damed wires that ruined it.

I’m not sure if the weight of the Q2 will give me the same level of comfort, but It would be deadly if it did.

I’ve ordered both the fake elite and halo, so I’m interested in seeing which gives the best comfort.

Both straps cost a little over €40, you can’t go wrong with that. Hoping now they can improve the experience.

Yep that's the one I ordered, original seller also.

Did you get a case that fits this one?

Did you get a case that fits this one?

The Chinese Rift S case fits it perfectly as long as you loosen the dial when putting it into the case.

€ 9,85 23%OFF | Portable Hard EVA Bags Protect Cover Storage Box Carrying Case Pouch for Oculus Rift S PC-Powered VR Gaming Headset
    https://a.aliexpress.com/_mqf157j

You can see someone's quest 2 inside it in one of the review photos.

I’ve a relatively small head so the PSVR was actually the most comfortable sitting headset for me. Tis was just those damed wires that ruined it.

Yeah I've got the opposite ...big ol lug handy for headbutting

I was always envious of those that said the PSVR strap was most comfortable when I would end up with large red imprint on my bonce and migraine from the pressure, so anything that rests on the forehead is prob a no-go for me.

Then again I seem to be the only one who can enjoy the Quest 2 cloth strap so maybe some are envious of that and it works both ways :)

Curious to try the Elite battery strap if they've upped the warranty to two years though as the extra battery and hopefully more comfort sounds good.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,182 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

same here , if its the same kind of dimensions as the chinese vive one I have it should be fine for my head .

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,250 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I just got €8 free credit on the occulus app to use before January 3rd.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

What's the best or easiest way to quit out of a game? I've had to power the device off a number of times. Anyone finding it a hassle changing users? Kids are different heights and the game needs height adjustment. Is it possible to adjust height for a user mid game?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,636 ✭✭✭Glebee

wow, what a brilliant piece of kit. Been messing around with the Santa present with the kids for the last few days and it really is excellent. Have tried a few demos and picked up Vader Immortal and Population One to get library started. Have a few VR games on steam as well but have not connected to PC yet. Any other must have titles that really showcase the Oculus capabilities?

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭RonnieL

My oculus lets in a fair bit of light around the nose. Anyone had any success buying something to close the gap? Not a big deal, but it would be more immersive without the gap.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,276 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Got one for Christmas as well and am genuinely blown away by it. Didn’t realize VR had gotten this good.

Haven’t even bought a game yet. Just been messing around with demos, Sky Sports, Netflix, YouTube VR, etc

PokerStars VR is amazing as well if you like poker.

What's the best or easiest way to quit out of a game?

Press the right handed oculus button > Quit game.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

I am seeing a lot of videos on YouTube about 'sideloading/side quest' ways to greatly improved the the picture quality and get games. Has anyone else messed around with this?

I would worry it could get your headset locked

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭lafors

JJayoo wrote: »
    I am seeing a lot of videos on YouTube about 'sideloading/side quest' ways to greatly improved the the picture quality and get games. Has anyone else messed around with this?

I would worry it could get your headset locked

It's easy enough to do. Took about 10 minutes to do earlier.
    There's plenty of good guides on how to do it. Basically install virtual desktop on the headset. Then install sidequest on the PC along with the drivers for the headset (for when you plug it into the PC to copy over the patched version of virtual desktop). A few small things like setting up developer mode too. Your PC does need to be decent though from what I read, my son's is very good so I don't know how it would run on a average machine.

As for graphics, yes PC VR games do have better graphics (talking about the likes of Half life) but I wasn't blown away by the jump from the Quest 2 itself to PC as I was from my old Daydream to Oculus Quest 2. In other words the quest is amazing on it's own, I wouldn't be worried if the wireless PC hook up isn't great for you.

lafors wrote: »
    It's easy enough to do. Took about 10 minutes to do earlier.
    There's plenty of good guides on how to do it. Basically install virtual desktop on the headset. Then install sidequest on the PC along with the drivers for the headset (for when you plug it into the PC to copy over the patched version of virtual desktop). A few small things like setting up developer mode too. Your PC does need to be decent though from what I read, my son's is very good so I don't know how it would run on a average machine.

As for graphics, yes PC VR games do have better graphics (talking about the likes of Half life) but I wasn't blown away by the jump from the Quest 2 itself to PC as I was from my old Daydream to Oculus Quest 2. In other words the quest is amazing on it's own, I wouldn't be worried if the wireless PC hook up isn't great for you.

I think they mean the sidequest games like Return to Castle Wolfenstein and all the other native quest games, rather than PCVR games?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,636 ✭✭✭Glebee

Trying to connect Quest to PC. USB 3.0 ports dont seem to want to work on my PC for some reason, seems to be connecting ok on the 2.0 ports. Is seeing the quest connected on the 3.0 ports but when I do a cable test it says there is a problem. When I do cable test on 2.0 port it tells me to try to connect to 3.0 ports.. Is there a big difference speed wise between 2.0 and 3.0? Also im using the Anker cable as opposed to the Oculus one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭lafors

Glebee wrote: »
    Trying to connect Quest to PC. USB 3.0 ports dont seem to want to work on my PC for some reason, seems to be connecting ok on the 2.0 ports. Is seeing the quest connected on the 3.0 ports but when I do a cable test it says there is a problem. When I do cable test on 2.0 port it tells me to try to connect to 3.0 ports.. Is there a big difference speed wise between 2.0 and 3.0? Also im using the Anker cable as opposed to the Oculus one

I'm the same as you, using usb 3 ports with an Anker usb 3 cable and says the same. Still works perfectly for me so I dunno what difference usb 3 would make?

Advertisement