Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meta Quest

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,743 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

I've got my facial interface ordered but no shipping yet.

Any recommendations for an additional battery pack to use to increase play time.

When you click on the order number in the email and are redirected to the Oculus order summary screen are you seeing this order listed?

I'm not.. I'm only seeing apps I've purchased listed.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

mrcheez wrote: »
    When you click on the order number in the email and are redirected to the Oculus order summary screen are you seeing this order listed?

I'm not.. I'm only seeing apps I've purchased listed.

No its not listed on the summary screen for me either. I just have the email confirmation with order processing being the latest update.

Do you see it in the orders page @Doge?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭MoodeRator

The replacement faceplate does not show up in your orders

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭Doge

Same. Tracking seems pretty slow in the US at the moment. I have a held in warehouse status on UPS.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,250 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I filled out the form yesterday, just waiting on them to email me now so I can order the vr cover.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,182 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

Doge wrote: »
    Do you want to mount the battery pack to the back of the strap or keep it in your pocket?

The Anker branded power banks would be my recommendation.

I picked up one in Lidl (10,000 Mah I think ) for about 13 quid that's been perfect . This was in Jan though but they do that kind of stuff fairly regularly.
    Not sure if theres any issue getting batteries like the anker ones delivered in Ireland though?

Made my order there... delivery by March 22nd.

Have a feeling it's coming from the US so might be hit for customs, will see...

I got a mail today and it was listed as Mar 22nd as well , so I'm guessing thats just an arbitrary date.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,250 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I got the mail not long after I posted above and also got March 22nd as the delivery date.

Dr Bob wrote: »
    I picked up one in Lidl (10,000 Mah I think ) for about 13 quid that's been perfect . This was in Jan though but they do that kind of stuff fairly regularly.
    Not sure if theres any issue getting batteries like the anker ones delivered in Ireland though?

Actually yeah, you're dead right.
    Address Pal is the only way right now and you're likely to pay customs fees if you pay over €21 including shipping.

• Advertisement

The option for locking 90hz through sidequest seems to be gone, how do we force 90hz now?

I think it means the set is upgraded to 90hz, so the option is void

I think it means the set is upgraded to 90hz, so the option is void

not the case in a lot of games ive played tbh, frames seem to be locked at 72fps, maybe its up to the games themselves to force 90hz now. Annoying that you cant just go into settings and change it to whatever you want.

Anyone know best place to get the Frankenquest adaptors?

Spotted this guy: https://www.etsy.com/listing/886278881/quest-2-das-adaptor-franken-quest

I think it's from California, but surely there must be someone shipping closer to home?

Anyone know best place to get the Frankenquest adaptors?

Spotted this guy: https://www.etsy.com/listing/886278881/quest-2-das-adaptor-franken-quest

I think it's from California, but surely there must be someone shipping closer to home?

is it the same as this?
    https://www.reddit.com/r/OculusQuest/comments/jairto/quest_2_das_adaptor_franken_quest_thingiverse/
    might be able to print it up for you

Found this...

https://www.amazon.co.uk/AMVR-Padding-Pressure-Comfortable-Accessories-Black/dp/B08V4L2GHV/

Might actually be worth a shot before I drop over €100 on the DAS

Found this...

https://www.amazon.co.uk/AMVR-Padding-Pressure-Comfortable-Accessories-Black/dp/B08V4L2GHV/

Might actually be worth a shot before I drop over €100 on the DAS

Steve x2 has a 3d printing service over on the arcade and retro forum. I've used him before and his prints are top notch.
    He can do ABS prints also for maximum strength, something which I refuse to use as the fumes can be toxic and I don't have the best of ventilation for my printer.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057513983

I've really got to get a 3D printer... just need to figure out where the hell it will sit without taking up space in the house.

Wonder can you get printers that easily fold away?

EDIT: actually maybe one of these: https://www.ulule.com/foldarap/

Now if they would only make an adapter for the Chinese halo strap like the DAS adapter in that it attached onto the strap holder itself rather than using a cheap rubber sticker to friction fit on.
    This would eliminate the velcro strap that goes down the middle of it that's just there if the rubber clips slide off.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,362 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Sky Worlds to show Arsenal vs Tottenham live in virtual reality

Anyone experienced anything like this previously? Worth getting excited about?

• Advertisement

Colour me intrigued. I was able to stream the Palace v West Brom match just now through the app with my Sky Go login there. Was only a floating screen though but I guess not every match has the VR feature.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,276 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Yes they did it for United v Chelsea a couple of weeks ago as well.

It’s absolutely amazing. Can choose between upper stand by the halfway line, lower stand by the halfway line or behind either goal and can switch between them as you like. Can also view live stats and teams and stuff.

It’s as close as you can get to being at a match without leaving your house. Really seems like the future to me. I would pay to watch live sporting events like this for sure. Highly recommend anyone who can to give it a go.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

mdwexford wrote: »
    Yes they did it for United v Chelsea a couple of weeks ago as well.

It’s absolutely amazing. Can choose between upper stand by the halfway line, lower stand by the halfway line or behind either goal and can switch between them as you like. Can also view live stats and teams and stuff.

It’s as close as you can get to being at a match without leaving your house. Really seems like the future to me. I would pay to watch live sporting events like this for sure. Highly recommend anyone who can to give it a go.

Can you view it from the footballs perspective? Being kicked in the face for 90mins

• Registered Users Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭kerplun k

If your a sky customer, but don’t have a sky sports sub, can you still view this?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,362 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Bit of a letdown for me. Blurry picture, constant buffering. Maybe our Internet isn't up to it:(

I thought it was a cool experience. Pitch view was a little bit blurry but the TV on the massive screen above the pitch was flawless. Was cool having a full view of the pitch and I found myself only looking at the screen for replays and the like.

7 days left till we supposedly get our VR Covers :D

7 days left till we supposedly get our VR Covers :D

Mine came today.

Bit of a letdown for me. Blurry picture, constant buffering. Maybe our Internet isn't up to it:(

You really need wifi 6 router

• Advertisement

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Mine came today.

same here :)

Advertisement