Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meta Quest

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

Yup mine came today too, haven't gotten to use it much but looks like a huge step up compared to the original cover

• Registered Users Posts: 13,743 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

hmm nada here... anyone else still waiting?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,711 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Bought a Quest 2 on Amazon a couple of weeks ago but only really gave it a proper go for gaming yesterday.

I'll be honest, it's a while since I gave vr a proper try and then it required far more kit for a lot less immersion.

I have been giving Warplanes WW1 fighters a go and even experienced my 1st ever bit of motion sickness :pac:

Played around with Prime VR and Netflix too, and I think I may watch all my college lectures via the headset from now on too ;)

I've discounted buying the elite strap for the moment, but have a few different quest 2 accessory kits in my basket on AliExpress.

I'm not too pushed about a battery as I have a few power banks that can do the job.

Overall quite happy with the purchase and particularly how easy side quest was/is to add too.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,362 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

I see Sky Worlds also has a selection of movies 'coming soon'. Anyone know when that 'soon' will be or what watching a whole film in VR is like? One of the Sky movies is the Ted Bundy film, not sure I'd want to get too 'immersed' in that:eek:

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,250 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

mrcheez wrote: »
    hmm nada here... anyone else still waiting?

I had a tracking UPS number in my email from when it shipped so I knew it was out for delivery before I got it. Maybe check the email and you might get an idea of where it's at.

Hopefully it doesn't say "In Mickeroo's house" :pac:

• Advertisement

Mickeroo wrote: »
    I had a tracking UPS number in my email from when it shipped so I knew it was out for delivery before I got it. Maybe check the email and you might get an idea of where it's at.

Hopefully it doesn't say "In Mickeroo's house" :pac:

Right... the only email I have is the "THANK YOU FOR YOUR ORDER" email

So I guess still waiting for shipping notification

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,250 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Right... the only email I have is the "THANK YOU FOR YOUR ORDER" email

So I guess still waiting for shipping notification

Yeah I got another email 5 days after that one saying it had shipped.

In other news I finally caved and ordered the elite strap and carry case ( the one without the battery though). Watched the arsenal match at the weekend on the headset and it was really cool but was super uncomfortable by the end of the match. Hoping the combination of the VR cover and strap make things more comfy.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Yeah I got another email 5 days after that one saying it had shipped.

In other news I finally caved and ordered the elite strap and carry case ( the one without the battery though). Watched the arsenal match at the weekend on the headset and it was really cool but was super uncomfortable by the end of the match. Hoping the combination of the VR cover and strap make things more comfy.

The nice thing about ordering the combo is that if the strap breaks they send you another case along with the replacement strap.

Some people have 3 cases already!

The nice thing about ordering the combo is that if the strap breaks they send you another case along with the replacement strap.

Some people have 3 cases already!

lol, good to know. Plenty of vigorous beat sabre sessions to break it in so :D

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭Daveq

kerplun k wrote: »
    If your a sky customer, but don’t have a sky sports sub, can you still view this?

Yes, well it worked for me anyway.

• Advertisement

Got my shipping note today... considering I created the order on 27 Feb I suspect it got lost in the system as I didn't get the shipping note 5 days after like everyone else.

I contacted support yesterday so that probably explains it.

While I'm grateful to be getting it, I'm annoyed it wasn't shipped last week while I was in the middle of completing Pixel Ripped 1995!

I've started into Last of Us Part 2 and won't be getting back on the VR till that's done... I'm a one-game-at-a-time sorta guy ;)
    (though Doom 3 on PSVR might distract me as I want to get the Aim controller game on!)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,163 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Is the 256gb version worth the extra cost? I imagine i will mostly play it connected to my computer for the boosted in graphics, but maybe others thought the same and found otherwise?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭MoodeRator

I didnt bother with the 256 version as it is easy enough to remove the games when you want more psace. Plus I will also now be using the PC. I have had mine 3 months and not needed to remove a game yet

And it's just the storage that's different, right? Was thinking there was something else as well, but it seems like its identical otherwise.

Will just get the 64gb in that case.

It's only storage yeah, definitely not worth it imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,636 ✭✭✭Glebee

64GB plenty of space. Have not filled yet.

I've gone over the 64GB with sideloaded content so just something to bear in mind... also a lot of games are 10GB+

If primarily using it for PC though 64GB is fine

Not to mention...some "movies" can be 25GB ;)

Not to mention...some "movies" can be 25GB ;)

KennethWilliams.jpg

One last question...for now. If i bought a few games for the original Rift, they should be available when i login on the Quest, right?

Only one i can remember owning is Robo Recall, but i think there were a few others.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭Doge

Kiith wrote: »
    One last question...for now. If i bought a few games for the original Rift, they should be available when i login on the Quest, right?

Only one i can remember owning is Robo Recall, but i think there were a few others.

Yep, they'll be there. The quest 2 is still treated as a "Rift" when you connect it to a PC.

• Advertisement

You might even find you get free native Quest versions of some of those games if they are cross-buy.

I believe Robo Recall is as I got that for free on my Quest since I owned it on Rift.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

I really like space pirate trainer but from looking at youtube videos the game has had zero updates or additional content since 2016.

Looks like theres an unofficial Pokemon VR game on sidequest:
    https://sidequestvr.com/app/536

Doge wrote: »
    Looks like theres an official Pokemon VR game on sidequest:
    https://sidequestvr.com/app/536

ah seems to be unofficial
    NB: Unofficial Pokémon VR game, we are not linked or affiliate in any way to Pokémon companies, Gamefreak, Niantic or Nintendo.

ah seems to be unofficial

I could have sworn I typed unofficial as I knew it was while typing. My bad!

Doge wrote: »
    I could have sworn I typed unofficial as I knew it was while typing. My bad!

It would have gone down as the first freebie (without in-game purchases at least) that Nintendo have ever made :D

Got my shipping note today... considering I created the order on 27 Feb I suspect it got lost in the system as I didn't get the shipping note 5 days after like everyone else.

I contacted support yesterday so that probably explains it.

...and arrived! :)

...and arrived! :)

Fitted this last night and while it's definitely an improvement it does make you feel like a greasy somabitch with the PU leather shiny at the slightest bit of oil on your face :o

The original just absorbed it I guess.. ick, would make you think twice about using one directly after someone else.

Another plus is that the DHL box the VR Cover came in is a perfect fit for storing the headset and controllers... no need for a case after all and smaller than the original box!

Anyone recommend a good link cable alternative? Didn't realise one doesn't come with the Quest, so need to order one online.

• Advertisement

Anyone recommend a good link cable alternative? Didn't realise one doesn't come with the Quest, so need to order one online.

I have this one, works perfectly. Seems to have gone up a bit in price since I got it: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01MZIPYPY/ref=cm_sw_r_sm_apa_fabc_KBRMZ3PJ0SMBQ566019Z?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Advertisement