Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meta Quest

Options

Comments

Does HL: Alyx ever go on sale? €50 is a bit steep.

40% off now on Steam.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭Doge

Ah lads! :pac:

547931.jpg

https://www.etsy.com/listing/972989282/htc-vive-das-valve-knob-with-real-red

Mr Cheez this should be your next upgrade!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,743 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Doge wrote: »
    Mr Cheez this should be your next upgrade!

On it!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

Kiith wrote: »
    Anyone recommend a good link cable alternative? Didn't realise one doesn't come with the Quest, so need to order one online.

if you have decent internet id just setup virtual desktop and stream to your headset, the wireless aspect of it is game changing imo, and for me it works flawlessly (500mbs internet, about 40ms delay overall but i cant tell)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,163 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

My ****e internet can't quite handle it unfortunately. Using a crappy 4g myfi device till Eir get their finger out and sort my fibre. Ordered the cable and its due tomorrow, so that'll do for the time being.

• Advertisement

My ****e internet can't quite handle it unfortunately. Using a crappy 4g myfi device till Eir get their finger out and sort my fibre. Ordered the cable and its due tomorrow, so that'll do for the time being.

It's not actually the internet you need.. it's just dependent on the router.

Virtual Desktop can work without any internet connection, it connects to your PC via the router on a local connection.

I have a dedicated 5G router which I keep offline and just connects the Quest to the PC.

I've only a 4g router, so don't think that'll be powerful enough for now. Tried it with the cable, and it works perfectly for now.

It's great so far, and looking forward to getting stuck into a few more games, but i'm finding it quite uncomfortable. I think it's how front heavy it is, and from what i've read getting the strap/battery pack thing can really help with it. May just get used to it over time, but wasn't expecting it after not really noticing it with the original Rift (may be selective memory).

Bought Alyx and The Climb, so they are next on my list.

I think it's how front heavy it is, and from what i've read getting the strap/battery pack thing can really help with it. May just get used to it over time, but wasn't expecting it after not really noticing it with the original Rift (may be selective memory).

nah you're right, the Rift is easily the most comfortable headset I own out of PSVR / Rift / Go / Quest 1 / Quest 2

I'm also considering my options regarding a replacement strap for the Q2 at the mo.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,250 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I gave up waiting for the strap with battery to come back in stock so I picked up the elite strap without the battery pack and it's much more comfortable than the stock one, night and day really. I just use a power bank for longer play sessions.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

Got Synth Riders last night, not as polished as Beat Saber but feels a lot more dancey, I only played a few games but might end up preferring this.

My halo strap (Quest 1) arrived from AliExpress too. Nice upgrade to the comfort, can play for 30 mins or so without fiddling with the straps now.

• Advertisement

Tetris Effect is in a deal with Rez for €31.

Very tempted as I love this on PSVR but I'd love to be able to play in bed etc.

Can anyone who has Tetris Effect confirm it works with the Xbox One controller please?

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭copperspock

It's great so far, and looking forward to getting stuck into a few more games, but i'm finding it quite uncomfortable. I think it's how front heavy it is, and from what i've read getting the strap/battery pack thing can really help with it. May just get used to it over time, but wasn't expecting it after not really noticing it with the original Rift (may be selective memory).
    mrcheez wrote: »
    nah you're right, the Rift is easily the most comfortable headset I own out of PSVR / Rift / Go / Quest 1 / Quest 2

I'm also considering my options regarding a replacement strap for the Q2 at the mo.

I'd recommend the PSVR-style halo strap. It's far more comfortable as it takes the weight off the face, and it's easier to adjust as well.
    You can get it from Amazon or cheaper via AliExpress.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/ROSELI-Adjustable-Increase-Supporting-Accessories-White/dp/B08QJ2Q1B8/ref=sr_1_32?dchild=1&keywords=oculus+quest+2+halo&qid=1616985340&sr=8-32

• Registered Users Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭MoodeRator

I was tole to try Puzzling Places from Sidequest, it is a 3D puzzle app that I have now become strangely addicted to , and I am not into puzzles at all. But it is so easy to lose an hour paying it and the interface is so good

Did everyone get the email

Enjoy 30% Off Your Next Eligible App With Promo Code OCULUS30

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,250 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Did everyone get the email

Enjoy 30% Off Your Next Eligible App With Promo Code OCULUS30

No sign of it for me. I did get €8 free store credit twice in the last few months though. Maybe they send out random offers like that if you haven't bought a game or used the headset for a while.

Nah I never get these... last one I got was back in 2019 I think... but that was the €8 that everyone got because Oculus went offline for 1 or 2 days.

May be it would work for everyone?

Got the same email back at the end of January. Totally out of the blue. 30% off and the same code, OCULUS30.

Just tried it out of interest but didn't work, so you must have to get the email.

No mail for me either :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭kerplun k

Yeah. Seems a bit random. It looks they replaced the €8 discount with the 30% off promo. Who the hell knows how they select their candidates for these promotions. The selection process here is a bit of a black box, I’d say they don’t even know themselves how users are selected, but I bet it’s super effective to the base they do select.

kerplun k wrote: »
    I’d say they don’t even know themselves how users are selected

I did ask support this a while back as I was miffed I never got one of these vouchers despite being a customer for years.

The replied they had no idea how it worked :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭Doge

Just saw this "Viewmaster" skin for the Quest on Facebook and thought it was class! The VR device of our youth.

549059.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭druss

Dash Dash World here I come!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

Didn't work for me -

This code cannot be added to your order....

Applied for me when I tried it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭druss

sticker wrote: »
    Didn't work for me -

This code cannot be added to your order....

Worked for me. Did you use your mobile? Has to be in the app.

Got Tetris Effect for €22.50 ... thanks!

Note... Some on HUKD saying you can double up on promo codes and WELCOME25 might work as well if u are a new user...worth a shot

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

druss wrote: »
    Worked for me. Did you use your mobile? Has to be in the app.

Cheers! :D Used it on desktop!

Picked up Saints & Sinners...

Advertisement