Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meta Quest

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭Doge

So this is the one I went for, I want my friend to use it also so a chest strap is out of the question:

Deal: CooSpo Heart Rate Monitors Armband Optical Heart Rate Sensor Bluetooth 4.0 ANT+ Compatible with iFit Polar Strava Wahoo Garmin https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07HHZQ85Y

Then you need to download Pulsoid to your smart phone, setup an account and sync it over Bluetooth with a compatible heart rate monitor like the one above.

It will send the data to the pulsoid website which you can log into and it can generate a browser source widget which can be copied and pasted into OBS and you're good to go.

There's a lot of free widgets to use but you can pay a subscription for other ones.

They have a discord channel also if you have any questions.

i actually own a Huawei Band 6 but it only shows your current heart rate on the watch, even in the app it doesn't update regularly and shows a historical graph.

There may be some android wear devices compatible with other services though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭kerplun k

Cheers for the recommendation. I was looking at pulsoid and looks fairly handy to set up, and they support a number of monitors.

I’d have to go with the arm band as well. I’d look like a right weirdo asking my in laws to strap a heart rate monitor to the torso 😂

Not only that but you'd have to wet the sensor thingy and have strapped directly to your skin under your t-shirt! They tend to use cr2032 batteries too which don't last long apparently where as the armband has a built in lithium battery that's rechargeable with a magnetic charger so it's worth the extra imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,741 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Dreadhalls is on sale today... essential scarefest. Enjoy Doge!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,931 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Could be ordering a Quest Pro this time tomorrow night!

• Advertisement

Yeah Oculus connect hits at 5.30 I think folks.

At least Virtual Reality Oasis live stream starts then. You can set a reminder here:

https://youtu.be/H5HpytBiIvQ

Just did a test stream with the heart rate monitor and dreadhalls and it's working well!

Might have to do a public one after Halloween night.

haha... what bpm did you hit?!?

130ish, but it didnt really peak after scares just kinda stayed high all the time.

Its probably because i was pottering around setting everything up, havent exercised in a few days also. I also dont get that scared but i bet some more challenging jump scares could get it to peak.

Ill try and start out with a resting heart rate next time.

Hopefully The Exorcist, PT Demo and Phasmophobia will have a better effect on it.

Heres a little screenshot of the test stream:

Looks great! Monetize that mofo :)

• Advertisement

Well damn...looks like I might be able to play my Quest 2 online after all without a FB account

GTA San Andreas coming also! Hopefully it has multiplayer!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,931 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

No Pro/3? Balls.

We'll have to wait til next year! On the bright side we won't need to buy another headset for a year!

Very surprised by that, think everyone was expecting new headsets. I was actually expecting two, one for productivity and one for one for gaming.

hopefully they are announced early 2022.

They did announce a new headset though? Just that it will be priced at cost rather than at a loss like the Quest 2.

Man that whole Oculus Connect video was cringeworthy watching with the fake laughing and the insincere smiles. Wonder if working in Facebook you would have to deal with people like that every day!

Haha yeah! John Cormack is the only guy I can take seriously.

I think kerplun k is disappointed that they only revealed a prototype, we were all expecting a finished headset.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭bullpost

Well 'm hoping to get another couple years out of my Quest 2 so am not too concerned and happy to see plans to bring games like GTA to the platform 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 4,770 ✭✭✭jj880

Desperately looking for Oculus Quest 2 128gb.

Cant see stock anywhere.

Anyone seen any stock anywhere or how often Argos get stock in?

I need to get this bought for my son's Christmas present so I can relax.

Thanks.

EDIT: Argos just got stock in. Finally got 1 reserved.

Post edited by jj880 on

Yep. Was hoping for a Quest 3 or Pro. But as many have said, it just means we have the latest model for another year without having to spend anything. And Devs really seem to be maximising its potential. RE4 looks phenomenal. And the like of Saints and sinners really shows what you can get out of it already.

• Advertisement

Well that was easy... 5 mins on chat to Oculus help and I'm now Facebook-less on my Quest 2, and I can log back into the app.

I think I should be able to put my Quest 2 back online too.. but I went crazy when they locked me out and sorta sailed the seven seas as a "Feck you" if ya know what I mean (which is alarmingly easy to do btw)... so maybe I should stay offline until I've sampled all the goods and then delete em before going back online 😜

So the stream went well. Played the first 3 chapters of The Exorcist Legion VR and joined Gamertag VR randomly afterwards for some FOREWARNED multiplayer. Was playing phasmophobia with them too but my mic was set wrong and i had some glitch where I was permanently crouched so left then.

ha nice! Was Gamertag streaming himself when you met? Bit of celebrity could boost your stream :)

Yeah he was but I wasn't streaming myself. Just jumped in after the private stream. Will do a public stream with another boards user soon for phasmophobia and maybe others.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 caseyphl

Hi All, doesn't look any new quest this year, was hoping for hardware refresh last week. but didn't happen.

I am going to hit the purchase button for a quest 2, is it worth paying the extra for the extra storage or is the standard 128GB sufficient ?

• Registered Users Posts: 27 caseyphl

standard (128GB) is 350€ , 256GB is 450€

• Advertisement

Hmm ... I guess it depends if you want to maintain apps on the headset or delete after using. So approx 16GB is reserved for system apps leaving 112GB on the 128GB. RE4 takes up 12GB, but Medal of Honor takes up 50GB though that is the exception.

If you want to sideload movies or lots of games you would prob want the 256GB but if just a few Oculus apps the 128 is prob enough.

I've got about 80GB left on my 256GB btw.

Advertisement