Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meta Quest

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,766 ✭✭✭jj880

1 thing I did notice is it starts from 499 dollars which works out at more than 100 euro cheaper than the Irish price. Not too impressed with that to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,740 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

US adds lots of sales tax on top which is never shown.

499 becomes 567.32 or some stupid non-rounded amount

I ended up with so much spare change when I was in the US and paid in cash

The Meta showcase was excellent...some great games coming soon.

No sign of GTA San Andreas so I assume that's for Q3 launch

Ah ok I knew there was tax but didn't think it was that much when I was in Florida. Maybe theres more VAT here too. Think I'll wait to see if any bundles appear in January/February with some of these new games. 7th Guest looks great.

Thats a hefty price tag.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭kerplun k

Fun fact, if you skip to the 40s mark, the guy is looking at memories of his wife and kids after they left him for spending 3.5k on a headset.

"5000 patents"

"Standalone spatial computer"

"Infinite screen real estate"

Think I just threw up in my mouth a little.

Haven't seen any controllers. Maybe you'll have the fantastic opportunity to upgrade to a set for 1000 dollars each. Apple really do repulse me as a company.

They'll absolutely rinse users on content too. You can be sure of that.

😅.

Finally completed RE4 ... man that was so much fun. About 18-20 hours for me, playing an hour or so when I got time.

I'm actually going to jump back in again to replay it with unlocked guns etc

So satisfying being able to gun villagers down with one shot using the butterfly magnum from the get go.

• Advertisement

Is Ashley's Pop Star outfit a big disappointment ? Lol

Walkabout Mini Golf 40% off down from 15 to 9 euro.

Walkabout Mini Golf Whole In One bundle (main game + all 11 DLC courses) also 40% off down from 52 to 31 euro.

Buy it. Buy it now!

to answer my own query not a disappointment ;)

I was just disappointed that I couldn’t grope. They’ve giving her a special Jedi ability to force block any groping attempts.

The most annoying thing of all, this new ability only works on me and not the Las Plagas.

Yeah and it's a bit creepy having to corner her against a wall to stop her moving backwards when you move close 😜

I'm determined to keep replaying until I get the unlimited-shot rocket launcher for 1 million peso ... the replay is so much fun with the high powered weapons.

Haven't actually tried Mercenaries yet, I wonder if I can carry my current weapons into that?

Not sure. I just had the one play through and then about 30 minutes of gunning everyone down with the butterfly at the restart. Haven’t gone back since. Think when I completed,, the Mercenaries DLC wasn’t available at that time.

New subscription service. 2 games added each month. You keep access to all games as long as you pay. Opening up strong with pistol whip. First month 92 cent. I already have pistol whip so will wait. Full monthly sub looks to be euro equivalent to 8 dollars. 60 dollars if you get a full year up front.

Hopefully can pay using 3 credit via Google Play 😁

Can see myself subbing for a month for the odd game I want to play through once. E.g. a game like RE4.

Now if they locked online play behind it and added sub only discounts like PS Plus for example then Id have to sub full time. Hopefully they dont do that. I have enough subs going at the moment. 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭Doge

Played the free Half Life 2 VR Mod with my quest via my PC obviously recently.

You can max it out at 120hz even on my ageing GTX1080 and Ryzen 5 5600x.

Well worth a playthrough again in VR.

Edit: I was using a WIFI 6 Router and Virtual Desktop which has received a tonne of updates really that optimize it and boost graphics.

• Advertisement

This looks amazing. $9.99 to purchase but looks worth it to maximise the resolution on Quest games

https://youtu.be/inE6HTKZ-ZM?t=46

I think it probably does all the fine-tuning that you could do yourself, but they have optimised it per game saving you time

(note turn off the sound in that video as the music is hella annoying) ;)

Lowest I think its ever been. PCVR.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,044 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Anyone find a good solution for games that make you sweat? Like there are more energetic games, or just workout titles, I would like to play more of it wasn't for the fact that I'm sweating too much and keep having to stop and wipe my head and Quest.

I have a spacer with vents to let heat out and some faux leather waterproof guards I swap out. Wash them all with some warm water and washing up liquid. I dont do a lot of sweaty games though. Mainly Pistol Whip which doesnt get me to the point of having to remove/wipe my headset.

Maybe something like this could do the trick - reviews are good:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Dantolo-Oculus-Accessory-Allenamenti-Protezione/dp/B09W9PQP18/

Bandana worked for me when I was doing VR fitness during Covid

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭Doge

Cheers for the heads up.

Can't wait to try the the Gunman Contracts 1 & 2 mod for some John Wick style action. The gun sounds are amazing.

If anyone knows any other mods worth playing please let me know!

Don't know if any of you guys follow SadlyItsBradley but the guy is really good at giving insights into where VR is likely heading, and is usually correct. He's often the reference point a lot of other YouTubers use.

In this one he talks about a possible standalone that Valve might be building to compete in the "spatial computing" space based on VR-enabled GitHub updates they've made to the SteamDeck OS... very intriguing.

It's not going to stop me buying the Q3, but I think it's one to watch out for: an OpenVR version of Apple's headset.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,044 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

First, and hopefully only VR related injury tonight when swinging a lightsaber in Vader Immortal. Hit my finger/controller off my fireplace. Could've been worse.

Also picked up a couple headbands as suggested so tested by playing Free Bird on beat saber. It helps anyway.

• Advertisement

No injuries in our house yet but 18 months ago had juniors birthday party. Hired an xbox bus that parks outside the house with 10 Xboxes in it. They all abandoned it after half an hour and wanted to play Quest 2. Thrill Of The Fight and Gorilla Tag mostly. We were first out of all who were there to have a Quest 2 so they were really excited and cheering along with the cast. 1 kid ran towards our TV during gorilla tag and I had to tackle him before he went through it 😅. We laugh about it now but Im certain he would have wrecked the TV and probably himself too.

Anyway I see 1 of my favourite all time demos Tea For God has a wishlist entry on Steam for a full version with release 19th July. I really hope standalone gets the full release also. An amazing VR experience.

Advertisement