Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meta Quest

Comments

If I order this direct from the Oculus site would I get hit for any additional charges (customs or such)? Complete virgin to the whole VR thing. I own Star Trek Bridge Crew and New Retro Arcade Neon on Steam and have never played them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,839 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

If I order this direct from the Oculus site would I get hit for any additional charges (customs or such)? Complete virgin to the whole VR thing. I own Star Trek Bridge Crew and New Retro Arcade Neon on Steam and have never played them.

Nope, it's free delivery from EU

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Anyone manage to get prime video on the quest, not showing in app store

Interested in this too. Have a UK account and the app is apparently UK and US only. Was looking around for the quest apk but no luck anywhere. Might have to persuade my quest that its in the uk someday and see if it'd still work when back in Ireland...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 811 ✭✭✭yoshiktk

mrcheez wrote: »
    Nope, it's free delivery from EU

Just be prepared for rough ride when it comes to delivery, they pick the cheapest,worst delivery available.

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭The Rook

yoshiktk wrote: »
    Just be prepared for rough ride when it comes to delivery, they pick the cheapest,worst delivery available.

Couldn't agree more with this. They use Fastway who are AWFUL.

When mine was delivered they didn't ring the doorbell, left it at the front door for everyone passing by to see and left no note, no notification , no nothing, just dumped it and fled!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,151 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

Quest Link Cable now available on the Oculus store apparently €89

I wonder is there much difference between that and this one https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01MZIPYPY/?coliid=IFZPYWQ5W50YF&colid=2MR284V3XFFMF&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭Higgins5473

The Rook wrote: »
    Couldn't agree more with this. They use Fastway who are AWFUL.

When mine was delivered they didn't ring the doorbell, left it at the front door for everyone passing by to see and left no note, no notification , no nothing, just dumped it and fled!

I had an order from Scan delivered very quickly before xmas well packaged and protected with DPD. They are out of stock but you can pre order and theyll be in stock end of January.

Fastway are atrocious, only yesterday at lunch a colleague of mine telling me she is having awful trouble with Sports Direct as her two kids new runners for xmas were lifted off the door step and Fastway don't want to know about it. Another colleague came home and fortunately found her kids brand new ipad with Wriggle packaging, the tech company all over it.

seems to be out of stock direct from Oculus also, says will ship January 29th at earliest.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭DK224

The Oculus Link cable became available to order with immediate dispatch earlier today
    https://www.oculus.com/quest/accessories/

For anyone that’s considering buying one, I went direct through oculus as mentioned here, price is €449 which seems reasonable in comparison to any UK suppliers. Delivery took a few days so they must have ample supply. Delivery was through Yogel which was tracked all the way even though passed over to Fastway. Fastway require signature so it wasn’t a case of left at the doorstep.

Mind blown by device, is all I can say.

• Advertisement

For anyone that’s considering buying one, I went direct through oculus as mentioned here, price is €449 which seems reasonable in comparison to any UK suppliers. Delivery took a few days so they must have ample supply. Delivery was through Yogel which was tracked all the way even though passed over to Fastway. Fastway require signature so it wasn’t a case of left at the doorstep.

Mind blown by device, is all I can say.

For me Fastway was so good that they did change from required to sign to not required.... Just left the package in main hall of building.
    On another hand, yes the hardware is great.

For me Fastway was so good that they did change from required to sign to not required.... Just left the package in main hall of building.
    On another hand, yes the hardware is great.

At least they chose the fast way

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭kerplun k

Picked one up myself over Christmas. It really is the pinnacle of VR. I’d say this is close to the vision Palmer Luckey had all those years ago. My big regret is not getting it on launch day.

One thing that I never expected was my yarning for a big open space. Common areas in my apartment are a grand size, but I’d love to walk around a boxing ring or spaceship without having to use the controllers.

kerplun k wrote: »
    Picked one up myself over Christmas. It really is the pinnacle of VR. I’d say this is close to the vision Palmer Luckey had all those years ago. My big regret is not getting it on launch day.

One thing that I never expected was my yarning for a big open space. Common areas in my apartment are a grand size, but I’d love to walk around a boxing ring or spaceship without having to use the controllers.

Something like this would solve Your issue Walkie

Dead Pixel on my quest just can't un see it since I noticed it so I am going send back to oculus, anyone here had any dealing sending back their unit?

Dead Pixel on my quest just can't un see it since I noticed it so I am going send back to oculus, anyone here had any dealing sending back their unit?

Had to send back my Go when it got sun-spots on it... had no problems getting replacement although it was a refurb. If it's a brand new Quest and still under warranty you will probably get a new one instead.

Saying that though, the refurb was brand new and had that "new VR" smell.

Had to send back my Go when it got sun-spots on it... had no problems getting replacement although it was a refurb. If it's a brand new Quest and still under warranty you will probably get a new one instead.

Saying that though, the refurb was brand new and had that "new VR" smell.

Yeah brand new got it on cyber Monday, really don't want to send back but at 450 notes I want it to be perfect

Yeah brand new got it on cyber Monday, really don't want to send back but at 450 notes I want it to be perfect

oh well then you definitely should be getting a new headset. Their support is top notch.

When I got my Go replaced it took a little longer than expected, but I got €20 credit as an apology, which I then spent on getting Vader Immortal 2 and 3!

Chinese New Year sale on oculus store for quest games. The year of the Rat collection has me interested. Includes Moss, Job Sim, Espire 1 and Arizona sunshine for €80

Chinese New Year sale on oculus store for quest games. The year of the Rat collection has me interested. Includes Moss, Job Sim, Espire 1 and Arizona sunshine for €80

Just a side note that Job Simulator is the deal of the day today

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,915 ✭✭✭cursai

Is the oculus rift better if I don't want full mobility and better latency or has the oculus quest improved upon the tufting in every way. All these different models are confusing me.

Also is the HTC vive better than both.

Confused as to which one I want.

cursai wrote: »
    Is the oculus rift better if I don't want full mobility and better latency or has the oculus quest improved upon the tufting in every way. All these different models are confusing me.

Also is the HTC vive better than both.

Confused as to which one I want.

Probably as follows

Valve Index > Rift S > Quest (w/ Link) > Rift CV1/HTC Vive

Some latency was reported with Quest Link, but only marginal. The lenses on Rift S/Quest would be better than original Rift and HTC Vive

Probably as follows

Valve Index > Rift S > Quest (w/ Link) > Rift CV1/HTC Vive

Some latency was reported with Quest Link, but only marginal. The lenses on Rift S/Quest would be better than original Rift and HTC Vive

I think Link will get better over time. But also worth saying that S is probably more comfortable than Quest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

So as someone who is back living at home while studying and living in a box room I love being able to bring the quest down to the kitchen and clearing some space now and again but recently my go to is using it as a way to get a workout done in a tiny room using boxVR. It is insane how much fun, and how doable it is, building up a sweat in a room you can barely swing a cat in.

Accounting+ just under €5 on oculus store for rift and is crossbuy with quest, Wands is €10 again crossbuy game.

So contacted Oculus yesterday finally about my white stuck pixel in my quest, They asked me to reset to factory defaults (no idea why) and to take a picture of the stuck pixel, something that took me nearly 20mins to achieve. After that they asked if I dropped the unit which I hadn't and then finally asked for my details name, address , order number and serial number of the unit.

Finally they said ok we will send you a full new oculus quest and send back the old one and make sure to include everything , controller charge cable etc. Now to wait for the returns shipping label which takes up to 3 business days to arrive by e-mail for some strange reason. They said I should receive my new unit within 3-5 business day once they receive my old one.

Just for anyone thinking of returning for a stuck or dead pixel this seems to be the normal procedure.

Lads, Is the american football style stripe marks on my face avoidable at all? Seems to happen every time I spend a moderate amount of time in my Quest.

Lads, Is the american football style stripe marks on my face avoidable at all? Seems to happen every time I spend a moderate amount of time in my Quest.

There are custom-made facepads which apparently improve the whole experience ten-fold.

I'm thinking of getting one of these as I find the Quest isn't as comfortable as my Rift for extended plays.

https://vrcover.com/oculus-quest-accessories/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭imitation

People also use counter weights and in extreme cases the deluxe audio strap from the vive, but thats a pricy bit of kit now.

• Advertisement

Loving the freedom of the Quest. Just finished all episodes of Vador Immortal. I haven’t enjoyed an experience this much since The impatient. What do you recon I should start next, pistol whip or robo recall?

Advertisement