Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meta Quest

Options
1878889909193»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,740 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Currently hooked on Stones of Harlath. Initially I saw the cheap graphics and TERRIBLE voice acting, but something about the gameplay and the easy-to-learn spell casting has gotten me looking forward to playing every day. Another freebie from Quest+.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭Doge

I remember Bradley talking about an upcoming PCVR streaming service that was in revealed in a string in the Quest firmware a year or 2 ago. Looks like theyre still working on it!

There's a pretty amazing sale on for Quest+ users at the moment.. lots of 55% off etc.

Might stock up on some before my Quest+ expires on 5th July

Dragon Fist VR Kung Fu has gotten a 90% off too

DFVR90-602323

• Registered Users Posts: 4,766 ✭✭✭jj880

HL Alyx and Vertigo 2 discounted again for Steam PCVR:

Half-Life: Alyx

20.05 (66% off equal lowest ever)

98% positive reviews

Vertigo 2

23.19 (20% off lowest ever)

96% positive reviews

• Advertisement

Playing Warhammer Battle Sisters at the moment, another Quest+ freebie. I assumed it was going to be tosh but I'm loving it. I know nothing of the Warhammer universe, but the graphics and gameplay are akin to Star Wars Tales from Galaxies Edge. It's what Bulletstorm VR should have been.

Anyone else tried? I've seen some bad reviews from 3 years back so evidently they've made some updates.

Pretty cool free workspace app. Looks like multiple browsers only unless Im missing something. Still worth using I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭Doge

CHESSCAKE3-F79CEE

Chess club for €1.50

It says expired on mydealz but it worked for my friend last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭MoodeRator

• Registered Users Posts: 55,509 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Meta Quest Plus free games July 2024

• The Last Clockwinder
    • Creed: Rise to Glory - Championship Edition

The current titles in the Meta Quest Plus Games Catalog include:

• 2MD: VR Football Unleashed
    • Tetris Effect: Connected
    • The Climb
    • Demeo
    • Espire 1: VR Operative
    • Fruit Ninja
    • Hand Physics Lab
    • Jurassic World Aftermath Collection
    • Onward Mercenary Mode
    • Red Matter
    • A Township Tale
    • Sports Scramble
    • Until You Fall
    • Walkabout Mini Golf

• Advertisement

Has the Meta Quest + catalogue changed its line up since launch?

I seem to remember reading Meta stating that games would rotate in and out...

The monthly games are yours to play the entire 6 months, though each month they add 2 more.

But I still have access to all the games from January.

I'm not renewing when my Quest + expires on the 5th so I'm getting through the last few games, like Espire 1

And yep the catalogue has changed too... Wallace and Gromit is free now too for example

Ah I see now. That catalogue list above is a bit out of date. 16 games showing in the app. Green Hell VR is in the catalogue also. Cool.

Aye. Gave that a go, but not my cup of tea, too much work 😅

Yeah the gathering and crafting Olympics should be max 2% of game time I say 🤣

Cancelled my Quest+ sub there (expires on 5th) but before doing that I turned off WiFi on my Quest 3.

Will be interesting to see if I can still play the free games for another few weeks while staying offline.

Actually enjoying Espire 1.

Finally got X-plore file manager apk sideloaded. Installing all kinds of stuff now. Watching the tennis on IPTV.

Nice. Gona watch Spain France later 👍

Also got WhatsApp setup. Very handy for sending links, apks, screenshots, video etc. between headset / phone / PC. I prefer it to waiting for the Meta mobile app to sync stuff.

Post edited by jj880 at

Is IPTV free or need a sub to Sky?

80 euro per year for the login from a pal of mine. Have it on my android box for TV so had the apk handy. Its good. Has 4k sky sports and movies. Im led to believe theres an IPTV guy in every town at this stage 🤣. Just got v67 OS also so had a quick look in the experimental settings. Cool new window layout option available.

You can do multiple windows at different depths:

Thats not all. There looks to be a full screen theatre option in the title bar of each window for theatre mode 😍:

Now thats a feature I'll be using a lot.

That's the thing where u can darken the pass through yeah?

• Advertisement

Theres a small brightness icon below the theatre screen that turns into a bar. You can turn everything black behind the screen.

Advertisement