Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mature student applied for student credit card through my current account.

Options
  • 15-03-2019 1:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi, 

I have recently applied for a Bank of Ireland student credit card on 11/03. I am a mature student and have applied for the card through my current account as I do not hold a student account. Will the fact that I am a mature student affect me getting one? and generally how long does it take to get the card?

The BOI website states that approval will be known within 24hours of application.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Regards

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 490 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Jennifer

ad13006 wrote: »
    Hi, 

I have recently applied for a Bank of Ireland student credit card on 11/03. I am a mature student and have applied for the card through my current account as I do not hold a student account. Will the fact that I am a mature student affect me getting one? and generally how long does it take to get the card?

The BOI website states that approval will be known within 24hours of application.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Regards

Hi ad13006,

thanks for getting in touch with us here today. Please be advised that all applications are assessed on a case by case basis with a number of factors taken into consideration. For this reason time frames can vary. When applying for a student credit card generally a requirement to hold a student current account with any bank for 6 months. As you mentioned you applied through your personal current account you can check in with our Credit Card Applications team on 0818 200 412 and one of our advisors will be happy to look into this for you and offer some further advice.

Please feel free to get back in touch with us if we can help you with anything else.

Thanks Jen

Advertisement