Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir Talk app disconnecting calls and Missing from google play for download

Options
  • 15-03-2019 2:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I am extremely frustrated at this point. I am paying for a service that was inadequate but that is now totally non existent.

I have been trying to use the Eir Talk app on my smartphone for a number of weeks however it keeps disconnecting my calls after 5 minutes and wont allow me to reconnect the calls afterwards.

I have just spent over an hour in Eirs online chat with an agent, who advised me to uninstall and reinstall the app – I uninstalled the app ok but when I went to download it again its seems to be missing from the internet. Its not even listed in google play store and the links for it within Eirs own websites don’t work. The agent told me there was a problem and advised me to check back later. When I pushed for a time frame of minutes, hours, days or weeks I could not get an answer. I was told the issue was reported and nothing more could be told to me. When I asked to be transferred to the relevant department they couldn’t do it and they couldn’t ask the relevant department for the answer to my question on time frame either.

It was suggested that I ring 1901 for further advise but as the app is no longer on my phone, making calls is impossible plus I know I will be on hold for a ridiculous amount of time only to get similar answers as those the online agent gave me.

I want to know when will the Eir Talk app be back online and available to download and will it be an improved version that wont cut you off after 5 minutes?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 527 ✭✭✭eir: Linzi

BaSheep wrote: »
    I am extremely frustrated at this point. I am paying for a service that was inadequate but that is now totally non existent.

I have been trying to use the Eir Talk app on my smartphone for a number of weeks however it keeps disconnecting my calls after 5 minutes and wont allow me to reconnect the calls afterwards.

I have just spent over an hour in Eirs online chat with an agent, who advised me to uninstall and reinstall the app – I uninstalled the app ok but when I went to download it again its seems to be missing from the internet. Its not even listed in google play store and the links for it within Eirs own websites don’t work. The agent told me there was a problem and advised me to check back later. When I pushed for a time frame of minutes, hours, days or weeks I could not get an answer. I was told the issue was reported and nothing more could be told to me. When I asked to be transferred to the relevant department they couldn’t do it and they couldn’t ask the relevant department for the answer to my question on time frame either.

It was suggested that I ring 1901 for further advise but as the app is no longer on my phone, making calls is impossible plus I know I will be on hold for a ridiculous amount of time only to get similar answers as those the online agent gave me.

I want to know when will the Eir Talk app be back online and available to download and will it be an improved version that wont cut you off after 5 minutes?
    Hi BaSheep

We are aware of the problems with the eir Talk app at the moment.  This is being investigated as a matter of priority.  We apologise to our customers for the inconvenience this has caused.

Regards

~Linzi

Advertisement