Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weekends Boxing 15/3 (Spence-Garcia, Carroll-Farmer, Taylor-Volante, Conlan in MSG)

Options

Comments

pac_man wrote: »
    Not taking anything away from the performance, she looked stronger, performed well and bullied the bully. But you'd have to question the levels here.

Shes had a lot more tougher fights in the amateurs.This fight was for a world title and that opponent was far too slow. It says it all when Adam Smith lists a number of potential opponents and goes " Sandy Ryan in the amateurs , it's boom-time for women's boxing :D".

Katie will never have that pure natural knockout power - but since turning pro she's optimised her physicality, and learnt from a smart pro style coach who she clearly trusts and listens to and has geared her game and mentality to accommodate pros who try to bully / hold / elbow.
    I'm no expert and haven't seen any of her previous fight but re Volante agree - to me she looked slow (could be in comparison in fairness else age) and round 1 was clearly jumpy and mis timing.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

I didn’t hear him mention sandy ryan, though he may well have. He did say Natasha Jonas who i suppose katie could fight but Chantelle Cameron would be a more likely match up.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,357 ✭✭✭megadodge

Good second round from Carroll.

I know Jono is fit, but I'd be worried about him punching himself out here. He's landing plenty, but Farmer is landing the more eye-catching blows.

Good fight though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭lbc2019

Iano813 wrote: »
    What times conlon ring walk,

Tomorrow, in NYC

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,569 ✭✭✭bassy

go home jonno yar way out of your dept lmfao....

http://www.asianboxing.info/kosei-tanaka-vs-ryoichi-taguchi.html

Link to Asian Boxing card. Free worldwide

Terrific effort from Carroll. Gave absolutely everything he had. Huge heart and desire. I'd love to see his punch stats.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,888 ✭✭✭Morrison J

Credit to Jono there. Kept it competitive. Absolutely no shame in that performance.

• Advertisement

Not much to challenge farmer but fair play for going the distance

• Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

I suspect it might be wide but fair play to Jono. Serious courage and heart shown.
    His fitness levels are insane. I was sure he would fade badly down the stretch but he kept on coming. Shame he hasn't got a bit more power. Didn't seem to do much damage to Farmer despite the volume thrown.

Love to see Benavidez v Callum Smith

• Registered Users Posts: 38,488 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Benavidez is something else and so young. If he maintains the discipline and hunger it's going to be a long, great career.

I gave Mikey one round.

Think he knew what he was doing. Don't get knocked out and live to fight another day. He doesn't really like boxing. Will go back down in weight and fight Lomachenko when it makes sense. Love Mikey but he's in it for the money not the legacy unfortunately.

Paddy Barnes due in the ring at 10pm Irish time. Conlan around 11.15.

Conlan will make very easy work of Nikitin if they do fight next. Another very underwhelming performance by him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭jeremyj1968

Morrison J wrote: »
    Paddy Barnes due in the ring at 10pm Irish time. Conlan around 11.15.

You serious? I assumed that it would be on at 4am so I wasn't even considering watching it.

You serious? I assumed that it would be on at 4am so I wasn't even considering watching it.

Yeah think with it being a Sunday it's on much earlier than your standard card.

Morrison J wrote: »
    Yeah think with it being a Sunday it's on much earlier than your standard card.

Great, thanks for that. I'll try to tune in.

Unfortunately I think Paddy Barnes is done. Must be hard for him to try to make the decision to move on, since boxing is all he knows.

• Advertisement

Great, thanks for that. I'll try to tune in.

Unfortunately I think Paddy Barnes is done. Must be hard for him to try to make the decision to move on, since boxing is all he knows.

Yeah he's definitely past his best. Looking to make as much money as he can before he has to pack it in, can't blame him. Smaller fighters like him always peak way earlier compared to the bigger weights so turning pro at 30 was always going to be a struggle. Should've turned over before Rio really.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

This production in the studio with Bunce is truly awful. They're jumping around all over the place. It's 1995 local public broadcast territory.

Barnes bloody already- Sunday Bloody Sunday it is!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,541 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

Good win for Reeves. Didn't realise that it was on so early.

Barnes is in trouble here, took a knockdown but the ref didn't count it as one

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭PEACEBROTHER

Just tuned into the Barnes fight after the 4th round? What happened?

Barnes dropped by body shot - ref said it was no knockdown - very strange decision.

Just tuned into the Barnes fight after the 4th round? What happened?

His nose was clipped in the first exchange, been pissing blood since. Was knocked down in the second also.

Just caught the last couple of rounds. I thought he was meant to win this easily.

After the Rosales fight, everybody is going to look for the body shot.

Mojito deserves that win

• Advertisement

Was Paddy a massive betting favourite or am I mistaken? Can't fight pre-fight odds now.

I cant really read those points odds, but Barnes was 1 and the other lad was 24. I saw something similar for Conlan and his opponent, so I assumed that made Barnes a big favourite as well.

Advertisement