Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unable to connect to Fibre Broadband..

Options
  • 15-03-2019 9:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

I live in countryside and recently Fibre Broadband was rolled out in my area. My house a new build and because of this my Eircode does not appear on the Fibre Broadband Rollout Map.

The Fibre Broadband cable ends in the roadside chamber outside my house. My phone ducting is connected to this chamber. However, my phoneline comes from a pole further up the road, the Fibre Broadband does not go as far as this pole and as a result Eir say that I cannot get Fibre Broadband.

I spoke to a technician who was installing the Fibre Broadband cable. He told me that I should be able to get Fibre Broadband as it is live right outside my house. He told me to phone Eir and request an engineer to call to the house and they would confirm this.

I have emailed Eir and phoned them on several occasions over the past 5 weeks. Each time I called I was passed from department to department to department and I was put on hold for a ridiculous amount of time. No one seems to know how to deal with my issue. Two weeks ago, I was assured that an engineer would be sent to my house, but it never happened. Today when I phoned Eir I was told that there was no record of this.

It is extremely frustrating that Eir tell me that I cannot get Fibre Broadband even though it is outside my door. All I need is for an engineer to come to my house to confirm that the Fibre Broadband is live in the roadside chamber.

I feel that ringing Eir again would be a total waste of my time. Can someone please advise me on what to do next?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

My advice would be to forget Eir as a retail supplier and go with one of the companies that actually answer the phone and reply to emails.

Airwire is one provider that has been able to help people in similar situations to this. Airwire have managed to get eircodes added to the open eir system where possible. 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 527 ✭✭✭eir: Linzi

Laoire wrote: »
    I live in countryside and recently Fibre Broadband was rolled out in my area. My house a new build and because of this my Eircode does not appear on the Fibre Broadband Rollout Map.

The Fibre Broadband cable ends in the roadside chamber outside my house. My phone ducting is connected to this chamber. However, my phoneline comes from a pole further up the road, the Fibre Broadband does not go as far as this pole and as a result Eir say that I cannot get Fibre Broadband.

I spoke to a technician who was installing the Fibre Broadband cable. He told me that I should be able to get Fibre Broadband as it is live right outside my house. He told me to phone Eir and request an engineer to call to the house and they would confirm this.

I have emailed Eir and phoned them on several occasions over the past 5 weeks. Each time I called I was passed from department to department to department and I was put on hold for a ridiculous amount of time. No one seems to know how to deal with my issue. Two weeks ago, I was assured that an engineer would be sent to my house, but it never happened. Today when I phoned Eir I was told that there was no record of this.

It is extremely frustrating that Eir tell me that I cannot get Fibre Broadband even though it is outside my door. All I need is for an engineer to come to my house to confirm that the Fibre Broadband is live in the roadside chamber.

I feel that ringing Eir again would be a total waste of my time. Can someone please advise me on what to do next?
    Hi Laoire

Can you pm me the eircode and full address and I will look into this for you.

Thanks

Linzi

Advertisement