Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

503 error

Options
  • 16-03-2019 2:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,902 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, can someone help? If I try to launch boards from safari I’m getting a 503 error. I went to twitter, clicked a link for boards on there and it’s opening fine on Twitter. Not sure how to solve this issue?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭jkforde

Sadb wrote: »
    Hi, can someone help? If I try to launch boards from safari I’m getting a 503 error. I went to twitter, clicked a link for boards on there and it’s opening fine on Twitter. Not sure how to solve this issue?
    same here if I use Opera on the phone, working fine in Chrome

🌦️ 6.7kwp, 45°, SSW, mid-Galway 🌦️

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moved from Feedback to the Help Desk

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Same here as well. The full error message is:

"Unfortunately the backend returned an error and could not fulfill the request. Please try again or return to the homepage".

The error message is being served up by the boards.ie server and not Chrome itself.

I'm using Chrome (latest version) on a Samsung S7 Edge.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,304 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

A 503 error is a timeout on the backend, there's nothing any user can do to resolve it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,726 ✭✭✭micks_address

Spear wrote: »
    A 503 error is a timeout on the backend, there's nothing any user can do to resolve it.

Chrome not working on my phone last two days .. downloaded Firefox and all fine..pixel 3xl

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,697 ✭✭✭brian_t

This seems to be the same issue as the App Not Working thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,726 ✭✭✭micks_address

Thought I posted here but can't see it. Chrome on pixel 3xl and I get 503 error. Firefix and site works

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

But why is it happening only on my mobile? A request to serve up the Desktop Site doesn't work either and yet it all works fine on my OH's phone.
    Is there something odd with the profile retrievals? Is something odd done with the user-agent string?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭Mike Oxlong

Same issue... getting 503 error since yesterday..can see thread headings..can see when a new post appears.. but when I click to read..503..always use Chrome...
    But can log on via Firefox and alls well.. no issue at all

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭Muppet Man

Same.. If I type in https://www.boards.ie into chrome it routes to

https://www.boards.ie/b/

And I get the 503

This is only a new thing

On iPhone 6s

If I click on a link to boards in an email, it opens up automatically (and fine) in safari

Muppet man

• Advertisement
  • Boards.ie Employee Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Mark
    Boards.ie Employee

Hi folks,

There seems to be some issues impacting the site, but not necessarily consistently. While we've tried to look at fixes or solutions, the real tackling of these issues won't be able to happen until tomorrow when the dev team is back. Very sorry for the disruption.

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭EmptyTree

Just to add to this, I'm also experiencing the same thing when I try to look at the "responsive site" (I'm using Firefox on my phone), seems to be ok again when I clear my cookies and use the full site.

Advertisement