Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

App Not Working

Options
  • 15-03-2019 2:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭

I deleted the app as it was down or something, so thought it may work after re download.
    However I can’t find it now in Apple App Store. Anyone know what I should search on to find it there??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,104 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Hi android app gives 503 error since Thursday, cant find it in play store either? I've cleared cache.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

They're both gone. Whoever developed them has probably not updated them in long enough so they were pruned.

They were not official.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Mod: Moved from Comp & Tech

• Registered Users Posts: 6,697 ✭✭✭brian_t

I have a Gaxaxy J3 and I get a 503 too since Thursday.

I normally access Boards with a PC so not a big problem for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭beveragelady

App not working for me either, on Sony XperiaZ. If you search for the app in the play store to leave feedback, it doesn't appear to exist!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Acey10

What's happening with the app?!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

something needs doing its super slow on android

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Mark
    Boards.ie Employee

Hi folks,

There seems to be some issues impacting the main version of the site, which means the app is also impacted. While we've tried to look at fixes or solutions, the real tackling of these issues won't be able to happen until tomorrow when the dev team is back. Very sorry for the disruption.

The app is no longer supported, so is no longer available to download from the app store (though if you already own it you can download it from your library at a later date. We instead recommend using touch.boards.ie (but for the moment, please note that it is also affected by these technical issues)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Merging all app related threads together

• Registered Users Posts: 6,697 ✭✭✭brian_t

brian_t wrote: »
    I have a Gaxaxy J3 and I get a 503 too since Thursday.

I normally access Boards with a PC so not a big problem for me.

Somebody oyer the weekend suggested that Chrome worked for site access so I tried it and it did work for me.

I notice though this morning that the Internet app was back working. So alls good for me anyway.

Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

brian_t wrote: »
    Somebody oyer the weekend suggested that Chrome worked for site access so I tried it and it did work for me.

I notice though this morning that the Internet app was back working. So alls good for me anyway.

Thanks.

Seems I made a big mistake deleting the app from my fone when it wasn’t working. I thought if I redownloaded it from App Store it would work, only to find it no longer in the App Store. So now stuck with internet version of the site.

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Mark
    Boards.ie Employee

Seems I made a big mistake deleting the app from my fone when it wasn’t working. I thought if I redownloaded it from App Store it would work, only to find it no longer in the App Store. So now stuck with internet version of the site.

On the app store, if you open the menu, select My Apps & Games, and go to the Library tab, you should be able to find and reinstall the Boards app (sort by alphabetical to make it easier to find)

Advertisement