Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaking Ford focus Boot

• 16-03-2019 10:54am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 717 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

Not looking for motoring advice exactly but looking for recommendations for someone that could fix the above in limerick.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭chicorytip

Not looking for motoring advice exactly but looking for recommendations for someone that could fix the above in limerick.

Is yours a hatchback or saloon? Could be perished seals around the brake light housing.
    Try Aidan Frahill Motor Servicing,
    Eastlink Business Park.
    061 603958.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

chicorytip wrote: »
    Is yours a hatchback or saloon? Could be perished seals around the brake light housing.
    Try Aidan Frahill Motor Servicing,
    Eastlink Business Park.
    061 603958.

Dont go here if you dont want it fixed, as they'll only do half a job.

I'd really recommend https://seamusmcgrathgarage.wixsite.com/seamusmcgrathgarage/tyres

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭jonski

I'd second Aidan Frahill , as would most of my family and friends . A good family run business .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

jonski wrote: »
    I'd second Aidan Frahill , as would most of my family and friends . A good family run business .

I would not. Same half arsed experience on my car too.

Seamus McGrath, nobody else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭chicorytip

Mc Love wrote:

That's surprising I must say. I've been a customer there for a number of years and never once had cause for complaint and have had numerous types of repairs carried out in addition to basic servicing. Thorough, as well, in the sense that any additional faults or potential problems with your vehicle will be pointed out to you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

That's surprising I must say. I've been a customer there for a number of years and never once had cause for complaint and have had numerous types of repairs carried out in addition to basic servicing. Thorough, as well, in the sense that any additional faults or potential problems with your vehicle will be pointed out to you.

It's only by going to another garage that I've been told that they've only half done a job on one of the cars we own. The other they said when draining the oil, said it looks like the oil was never changed, and it had been in for two services before that.
    Other family members have said the same. Would not go back to his garage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

I had extensive suspension work done to sort a rattle. Work was carried out, parts changed and the rattle persisted. Told me it was fixed and sent me away even though a 20m drive showed it wasnt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭wingnut

Try sealing around light cluster. I've owned lots of Ford's great to done but they all feckin leaked eventually. Had a Mondeo where it was going into the boot around the light cluster.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Mango Joe

Mc Love wrote: »

I'd really recommend https://seamusmcgrathgarage.wixsite.com/seamusmcgrathgarage/tyres

Seamus McGrath, nobody else.

I had a couple of very negative experiences at Aidan Frahills workshop also trying to get a car through the NCT - Charged me €80 for a crappy handwritten diagnostic after waiting hours, wouldn't stand in one spot for more than 5 seconds to go over the specifics with me and then when I went to motor factors to buy the sensor required they said Frahills diagnostics were too general/not specific enough for them to sell me the correct part (tried a few motor factors in due course)

His attitude was dismissive and impatient - He obviously has no shortage of customers but I'm never going to bother him again.

He's recommended on here routinely like he's the Messiah but as far as I'm concerned he cost me hours of my life and €80 and all I got was a **** attitude and another NCT failure.

Advertisement