Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Confused over job offer change

Options
  • 16-03-2019 11:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

I recently applied direct to a company. It’s a large bank/IFSC type company. I applied direct on their website, no agency or recruitment agents as middlemen

The job was for a 6 month contract. Of course I’d love to be permanent but I saw it as a “foot in the door”. If I do well I hope I’d get made permanent on that team or if not I could look at other teams

After two weeks I politely asked HR for an update and they said the job was on “standby” which I guess means budget approval or something

A few days later HR called me and offered me the role however they were making a change ......I would work for an agency and not be a direct employee. I said I applied direct and this was never mentioned before. HR said salary, length and terms, etc much the same and to think about it. My contract would be with the agency and not them. I haven’t seen this contract yet.

Why would a company do this last minute change? I am a bit confused. I applied on their website and not with a temping agency

Advertisement