Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

St Patrick's Day Public Holiday entitlement Payment

Options
  • 16-03-2019 12:24pm

Hi,

Employee Payment Public Holiday 17th March.

As far as I can see the 17th March is listed as a Public Holiday and not the 18th? This is also stated on Citizens Advice website.

So for payment etc, do employees working on the 17th get the full entitlement and those working on the 18th get pro-rata entitlement? (Or vice versa?).

Thanks

Comments

Hi all.

Any opinions on this, albeit your gut feeling?

For payment of entitlements, I'm leaning towards the Sunday being the Public Holiday and not the Monday. Any records on-line that I can find list the 17th as the PH and not the 18th.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,888 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

there have been a couple of threads on this last week in work and jobs

The Sunday is the public holiday. This is the case for days that fall on a date like St Patrick's and Christmas.

Workers who qualify for Public Holiday benefit are entitled to benefit even if they do not normally work on Sunday and the usual practice is for business to give the Monday off but they do not have to

people working Sunday are entitled to the pay rate for working holidays that applies to them and, if the qualify for public holiday benefit then they also get that (i.e. a paid day off some other day etc.)

Advertisement