Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir simcard suddenly not working

Options
  • 16-03-2019 4:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30

I noticed this morning that my phone says 'emergency calls only' and the signal bars are completely blank. My phone is not receiving calls or texts. I tried reinserting the sim card and restarting my phone but it's made no difference. I've logged into my eir account online and nothing out of the ordinary is showing up on it. Nothing has happened to damage the sim card and I haven't changed any settings recently. Why is this happening/ how can I fix it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82,299 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

I'd ring them, perhaps someone is trying to commit banking fraud and has obtained another SIM pretending to be you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 798 ✭✭✭eir: Grainne

Eve2001 wrote: »
    I noticed this morning that my phone says 'emergency calls only' and the signal bars are completely blank. My phone is not receiving calls or texts. I tried reinserting the sim card and restarting my phone but it's made no difference. I've logged into my eir account online and nothing out of the ordinary is showing up on it. Nothing has happened to damage the sim card and I haven't changed any settings recently. Why is this happening/ how can I fix it?
    Hi Eve2001, 

Sorry to hear your service is not working on your phone. 

Could you PM the following details?
    1. Registered Name
    2. Registered Address
    3. Account Number
    4. DOB
    5. Are you the Account Holder?
    6. Mobile Number & PIN

Thanks, 
    Grainne

Advertisement