Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What to do with old Virgin Media box and wifi router?

Options
  • 16-03-2019 4:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭

I have an old Virgin Media box and wifi router that was left by a previous tenant. Would this be of any value to anyone? I don't like the idea of throwing it in the bin if it can be put to use.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,583 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

CPTM wrote: »
    I have an old Virgin Media box and wifi router that was left by a previous tenant. Would this be of any value to anyone? I don't like the idea of throwing it in the bin if it can be put to use.

It may help if you say where you are based.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭CPTM

2011 wrote: »
    It may help if you say where you are based.

Sorry - Dublin 6 area. If anyone has any suggestions about whether it's worth putting up on Donedeal/adverts for free I'd appreciate ideas on that front either. I don't know if it's a stupid idea that it could be useful to anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,438 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

The kit is only of any value for Virgin Media. I was told by the people on Talk To: Virgin Media Ireland that they would notify a company called Actavo to contact me with a view to collecting my old Horizon box when my new one was delivered.

So maybe click on the link above and create a thread (by clicking the 'ask a question' tab) saying you have old kit and see if they want to arrange to collect it. Don't include any personal data like your exact address, wait for a response which will ask you to PM your data to a specific VM address. If they're not interested, just drop it off at your local electrical retailer, they all have skips or bins for old electrical appliances.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,074 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Feck it into the electrical/electronic recycling bin at your local applicance shop or Council recycling centre and think no more of it.

Advertisement