Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kildare People's Sleep Being Disturbed by AN-12

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,407 ✭✭✭✭road_high

How often does she fly into SNN? Would love to catch a glimpse and hear her

• Registered Users Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭gman2k

I was hoping to catch it, but of course when I remembered it was about 20min too late!
    Let me know if there is another due!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭Stovepipe

eusap wrote: »
    On the 08/03 March a AN112 UR-CGV Flew over Clane/Prosperous/Allen around 00:30 it actually sounded like an Artic Truck driving by the front window for 45 secs. It was a very clear night so I guess didn't help with Noise.

Being a plane nut I had to look it up to see what it was, anyone know what they are carrying?

The last one I was in was on a horse contract. the ramp makes it easy to get horses aboard.

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭LeChienMefiant

Stovepipe wrote: »
    The last one I was in was on a horse contract. the ramp makes it easy to get horses aboard.

Horses must love the noise!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,729 ✭✭✭martinsvi

Stovepipe wrote: »
    Bose headsets are top of the range and expensive. Russian (insert eastern european nationality) aircrew tend not to have them, as a result, as they also tend to be underpaid compared to Western airline crews. Antonov 12 crews tend to look like sheepherders. An An 12 that attended Dublin lately had the crew sleeping inside; the refueller had to wake them to get them to set up the fuel system for topping up.

regards
    Stovepipe

An-24 pilot pay these days go for around 12-18k a month in Africa. There are not that many pilots around anymore for these aircraft, so the salaries are going up. They are definitely not underpaid.. They just have a certain "life-style"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭roundymac

Is that the Twat of a TD Murphy that tried to get Weston shut down?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,150 ✭✭✭rameire

Horses must love the noise!

The horses wear Bose headsets.

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Registered Users Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

roundymac wrote: »
    Is that the Twat of a TD Murphy that tried to get Weston shut down?

I wonder if TV presenter Alan Partridge could organise a fly-in of as many elderly Eastern European Turbo-Props as possible....centre the event over the Curragh and fan out from there...preferably with a midnight,full-power group flypast ....just a thought ? ;)

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

AN 12,UR-CEZ just departed Shannon.should pass over midlands and dublin soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭john boye

Unbelievable sound considering it's at fl220

• Advertisement

On enroute to Shannon right now, just flew over south KK, unreal volume for 28k feet

• Registered Users Posts: 19,407 ✭✭✭✭road_high

In north Kilkenny here and could hear the humm miles off! She’s going to Shannon now

Newcastle West and Foynes will soon be deafened

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭mlumley

Would'nt bother me, it's the bl**dy bin men at 5.30 in the morning I cant stand.

Advertisement