Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

ADI hasn't logged lessons online?

Options
  • 16-03-2019 11:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38

Hello,

So I did my first EDT lesson today and the ADI hasn't recorded the lesson online nor has he given me my EDT log book yet, should I be worried?
    he is listed and confirmed on the RSA website though

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,792 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

pnitro4 wrote: »
    Hello,

So I did my first EDT lesson today and the ADI hasn't recorded the lesson online nor has he given me my EDT log book yet, should I be worried?

Give him time, he probably had a couple of lessons today with students and such and will probably batch log them at a later date.

As for the logbook, my ADI never gave me one, said it was a waste as they are logged online and just extra paperwork being carried in the car, however you can ask him for it if you wish.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭SteveAdti

Give him time, he probably had a couple of lessons today with students and such and will probably batch log them at a later date.

As for the logbook, my ADI never gave me one, said it was a waste as they are logged online and just extra paperwork being carried in the car, however you can ask him for it if you wish.

Its law that you must be given your Logbook.
    The Instructor should have given a logbook at the first EDT lesson.
    Maybe check with the Instructor that it was an EDT lesson and not a practice lesson .?

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭SteveAdti

pnitro4 wrote: »
    Hello,

Maybe consider that the Instructor may have a life also. Possibly they are having a weekend off too ? .
    The lessons also couldn't be logged as you haven't signed the logbook.?
    I would start with checking for the logbook and go from there.
    Happy Driving :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime

I could've thought you needed the Logbook for when you are going into do the driving test ?

The tester has a read of it etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭MascotDec85

I could've thought you needed the Logbook for when you are going into do the driving test ?

The tester has a read of it etc.

No they don’t. The tester was never allowed to read the logbook, the only reason they had to look at it was to verify if all 12 stamps were there in the last 2 pages of the book. This was necessary at the introduction of EDT because not all ADIs were online. The testers were not allowed to read the content of the logbook, though quite frankly they’d have a job on their hands given the standard of writing of a lot of ADIs :D

Advertisement