Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Travel Insurance

• 17-03-2019 1:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,747 ✭✭✭✭

Just looking at my current travel insurance policy and it’s not entirely clear if say Business Class flights are covered, or even say first class.

In the pass I may have paid for the odd upgrade or gone business for special occasions but have only thought now was I actually covered if someone happened. I just have the standard VHI Multitrip cover, and got me thinking that surely there should be an add on for business/first class travel.

Is it standard for the cost not to be included?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,479 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Check your policy for a monetary limit for each claim under cancellation/curtailment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,747 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

coylemj wrote: »
    Check your policy for a monetary limit for each claim under cancellation/curtailment.

Just cause something is within the monetary limit doesn’t mean that it’s covered though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,479 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Just cause something is within the monetary limit doesn’t mean that it’s covered though.

Read the policy document and see if there's any mention of business or first class travel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,747 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

coylemj wrote: »
    Read the policy document and see if there's any mention of business or first class travel.

Ended up being advised that if I cancel a trip then it's covered but if a trip is curtailed that it's not covered and that I lose the cost of the business trip home. They will however cover cost of economy flight home.

I wonder how many people are aware of this when booking for special occasions etc, that if something goes wrong that they might not be covered and could be out of pocket a few thousand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,501 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

heading off on Tuesday so need to put something in place.
    Thanks

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Advertisement
Advertisement