Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Frilk - milk and OJ. Avonmore in late 80s?

Options
  • 17-03-2019 2:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭

Hey,

I'm pretty sure I'm not tripping and remember seeing either Avonmore or Premier Dairies bring out a milk and OJ drink called Frilk back in the late 80s or early 90s.
    It obviously didn't last long... what were they thinking?
    Anyone else remember this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

Was it Dawn's Smooth & Juicy? I used to like it :o

5011069057107_3.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Was it Dawn's Smooth & Juicy? I used to like it :o

5011069057107_3.JPG

Haha, I remember the ads for that now!
    Forgot about that one.
    I still think Frilk existed too?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭killanena

I remember that stuff. It was horrible lol. I remember my mam buying loads of it on offer for us for school and giving out to us for not drinking it so we started throwing them in the bin daily until supply ran out :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,754 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Yep, I remember it. The taste was as awful as the name. Utterly gross stuff.

I reckon it was from Premier Dairies as that's who our milkman was from and he was pushing it really heavily on an introductory offer. Like the poster above, my mam bought loads of it and then went mental when none of us would touch the stuff after the first taste. I remember the dog wouldn't even drink it and our dog was the greediest crayture ever to walk the surface of this earth.

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭beerbaron

Yeah I remember that. Think it was Dawn farms that made it ?. Frilk - Orange juice and milk together. Think we bought a carton or two before it disappeared.

Avonmore made "Afters" like pourable Angel Delight too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

It was mank. They were pushing it hard with free samples in supermarkets at the time, as I recall. It did not last long.

I was in my teens, so late ‘90s. Definitely not earlier than that.

Advertisement