Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2 feeds on quad LNB providing no signal

• 17-03-2019 5:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hoping some can suggest a solution to the below problem.
    I have a dish with quad LNB. 2 feeds are going to a humax freesat box in one room with no issues at all.
    The other 2 feeds are going to another room, 1 to an old sky box and 1 to a 4ife Combi box.
    Until about 2 weeks ago, all was good, but now the old sky box and 4ife box are getting no signal, but the humax one is fine.
    So, I know the dish alignment is fine as the humax box is ok, and I'm pretty sure it's not a problem with the sky and 4ife boxes as it would be a freak coincidence for both of them to develop problems at the same time.
    It could possibly be an issue with water ingress, as the 2 problem feeds were added a few years after the 2 humax feeds.
    How could I check this and better yet, how could I resolve the issue and prevent it from happening again???

All help and suggestions welcomed and appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,042 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

To check, swap the cables at the LNB ....... if the Sky or 4ife box come to life then it is a cable issue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,726 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

2 cables failing at the same time would be unusual but possible. Check the cable connections to the LNB for security.

My guess would be an LNB fault on 2 outputs, again as Johnboy suggests swap the Sky/4ife cables over to the known good Humax LNB outputs and vise versa, if the fault moves to the opposite box(es) then the LNB outputs are at fault. Check the LNB feedhorn cover for cracking which would allow water to enter the LNB. Outputs on an LNB can fail independently of each other.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭Thurston?

Minki wrote: »
    ... It could possibly be an issue with water ingress, as the 2 problem feeds were added a few years after the 2 humax feeds.
    How could I check this and better yet, how could I resolve the issue and prevent it from happening again???

Water could make its way down the cables: I'd power off the receiver(s), unscrew the cable from the back, & see if there's any wetness or corrosion.

Advertisement