Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The hidden gems of Irish radio

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭RCK1

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    The South Wind Blows is good, but I can't be listening to all that affected whispering that Philip goes on with, drives me mad!

Love Playback, as I miss most of the stuff during the week so it's a chance to catch up - although it's very dependent on the taste/humour of the presenter, wonder how the new incumbents will work out??

Doc on One when I catch them are unfailingly brilliant - I agree that there are a lot of repeats, but it's a programme

Agree with Lilian Smith, I love her taste in music, and also John Creedon.

Agree fully with all the above although I actually like the hushed tones "from Kerry on the edge of the Atlantic"

John Creedon is excellent I time my evenings to be walking the dog while he s on. It's always a perfect switch off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,646 ✭✭✭RINO87

Bernard is on top form on the blue of the night on lyric tonight! I think that show is just getting better and better.
    Got in from work the good lady had some great deep house on the stereo, surprised to see it was lyric! Closely followed by Chopin, some array of showtunes and now three from Black Sabbath, war pigs, the wizard and planet caravan. This is great stuff!

Edit! 4 from Sabbath, behind thewall of sleep now too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

I tell you one hidden gem who should be here but isn't cos he isn't on air anywhere - Donal Dineen.

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭Dub Ste

shar01 wrote: »
    I know it's not a radio show in the usual sense but I'm a fan of Pam Duggan on livedrive on Dublin City FM. I enjoy the mix of music and there's some funny moments.

I'd love to hear her on one of the "bigger" stations.

This is a great show.
    No waffle, no craaazzzzzy banter, no ads as such-only for other shows on the station, and great music.
    Pam has played nearly every song that I have requested, last Friday before the long weekend she played nearly all of Stargazer by Rainbow.

Chugging down the M50, belting it out with Ronnie James Dio, before 9am.....oh yeah:D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

Here is a another hidden gem: the A-Z of Great Tracks presented by Steve Conway on 8Radio.com.

Each week it is broadcast for the first time on Wednesday nights between 8 and 9 pm, and is repeated on Saturday mornings between 10 and 11 am. Steve plays an amazingly eclectic selection of songs as he makes his way through the alphabet - spanning the '60s right up to today. He started doing this in 2013 I think! He is currently in the middle of songs with titles that start with the word "The"!

http://8radio.com/

As I said above! I heard The A-Z of Great Tracks last night. Steve still has a good bit to go yet before he finishes with songs with titles starting with the word "The"!

If you check out the schedule for 8Radio.com, there are plenty of hidden gems there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

I tell you one hidden gem who should be here but isn't cos he isn't on air anywhere - Donal Dineen.

+1. Donal was initially axed from rte on the same day as Val Joyce and John Kelly’s Mystery Train. Three of my favourites taken out with one bullet, remains a dark day in my memory.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,646 ✭✭✭RINO87

Dub Ste wrote: »
    shar01 wrote: »
    I know it's not a radio show in the usual sense but I'm a fan of Pam Duggan on livedrive on Dublin City FM. I enjoy the mix of music and there's some funny moments.

I'd love to hear her on one of the "bigger" stations.

This is a great show.
    No waffle, no craaazzzzzy banter, no ads as such-only for other shows on the station, and great music.
    Pam has played nearly every song that I have requested, last Friday before the long weekend she played nearly all of Stargazer by Rainbow.

Chugging down the M50, belting it out with Ronnie James Dio, before 9am.....oh yeah:D:D:D

Sounds great! Do they have a listen back option anywhere?

Advertisement