Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saorview - distorted picture

• 17-03-2019 11:35pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭

Have a longstanding problem with Saorview that's driving me nuts and appreciate any help I can get -
    70% of the time it's fine but then almost every night or when the weather is bad the picture starts to break up.

The feeds from the roof aerial and satellite dish are combined and there's a splitter behind the TV to separate the feeds into the sat box DVB-S2 and DVB-T2 tuners.

Bought one of these to boost the signal before it goes into the box but it made no difference whatsoever:
    https://www.mymemory.ie/one-for-all-1-way-tv-signal-booster-sv9601.html

Anyone have any ideas what else I can do eliminate noise and improve picture?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,596 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

Signal is probably borderline due to losses of combing and splitting. No point trying to boost the signal after after the signal is reduced, this needs to be done closer to the aerial before combining with the sat signal, to compensate for any losses down the cable.

A masthead amp will be required.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭Antenna

If you disconnect the Satellite (DVB-S) to your receiver does it make any difference with bad Terrestrial (Saorview) reception ??

(preferably unscrew, disconnect the DVB-S with the receiver powered down, just in case you accidentally cause a short between cable inner and outer as its carrying current to the LNB)

Advertisement