Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hair colour help

Options
  • 18-03-2019 12:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I’ve been dying my hair for years about 6 months ago I went blonde so I got a full head of highlights first (€120) and just before Xmas I got half head of highlights (€90) but I’m not happy with all the different shades I’m wondering if I could get an all over colour like a platinum blonde or if I could put a box colour in now? Any advice would be appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Airyfairy12

TrinaK wrote: »
    I’ve been dying my hair for years about 6 months ago I went blonde so I got a full head of highlights first (€120) and just before Xmas I got half head of highlights (€90) but I’m not happy with all the different shades I’m wondering if I could get an all over colour like a platinum blonde or if I could put a box colour in now? Any advice would be appreciated

If you put on a box colour you'll not only risk your hair turning out streaky and different shades, you'll risk damaging your hair. Also, different colours will react differently to each other. If you put a box dye in brown over bleached hair, your hair will likely come out an ashy, browny/green shade. If you put a blonde dye into your hair, you will be left with dry, damaged, orange, streaky hair.
    Go to your hair dresser and tell her you no longer want highlights in your hair. She should be able to even out the colour

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

It sounds like you might need a toner to help mesh in the colour to your own hair and make the overall appearance of the different levels of colour look more blended. Does your hairdresser do a toner for you after colouring? I know it’s tempting to just want to go for an all over colour but be mindful that the regrowth with an all over colour looks ten times worse than highlight regrowth, and it’s also much harsher on your hair as it’s the untreated strands of hair that are essentially saving your hair from wreck and ruin. I would avoid box colour blonde at all costs.

Advertisement