Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New existing contract

Options
  • 18-03-2019 4:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭

Hi folks just looking for advice I got a phone call from bord gais the other day and they were ringing up because my yearly contract was up on my dual offer,

While she was saying it to me at the time it seemed quite good and I told her that I would go with it but now that I’m looking at it better I’m not getting as good of the electricity or gas standard rates as I got the last time , I know she is sending me out a letter by post,

Just wondering do I have a cooling off period if I want to change my mind ?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,582 ✭✭✭✭Dav010

Check the energy provider/comparison websites, prices have gone up since you got previous deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Yes OP, you will have a cooling off period. 14 days according to their site.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 56 ✭✭bluetractor

Electricity rates have increased in the last few months. So rates are about 8% higher than last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭torrevieja

Electricity rates have increased in the last few months. So rates are about 8% higher than last year.

Last year I got. 28% of gas and 30% of electricity standard rate now I'm only getting 7% and 14% they throw in 50 euro of Ur bill and 1000 Tesco points

• Registered Users Posts: 25,276 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Switch to separate gas and electricity providers to avail of cheaper rates

I don't think you entered a verbal contract on the phone.

• Advertisement

zell12 wrote: »
    Switch to separate gas and electricity providers to avail of cheaper rates

I don't think you entered a verbal contract on the phone.

Hope I can get out of it now pretty poor offer really they have added the 50 credit already

Has anybody had any dealings with energia?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭kennethsmyth

torrevieja wrote: »
    Has anybody had any dealings with energia?

Yep I changed to them from June 18 to June 19 as they had the best rates for using a night rate (have electric car) and it has worked out well for me, however checking rates at present against what I am on doesnt seem to show them up as good at the moment

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Credit Checker Moose

The secret is to switch to someone else every year.

Yep I changed to them from June 18 to June 19 as they had the best rates for using a night rate (have electric car) and it has worked out well for me, however checking rates at present against what I am on doesnt seem to show them up as good at the moment

this the offer for new Customers but moose is right keep changing every year

Energia Plan features
    34% off gas & 35% off electricity
    Pay by Direct Debit
    Online account management only - no need for paper bills
    1-year contract - Cancellation fee of €100.00 applies
    €50 cashback added to your Energia account

• Advertisement
Advertisement