Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI recruitment 2019/2020

Options
  • 18-03-2019 3:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Just wondering if any one has any knowledge on when the next recruitment campaign will be as I wasn’t in a position apply to the 2018 campaign, I have contacted the PSNI themselves but received a pretty vague response but due to the extra funding from brexit could there be a campaign in late 2019. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭NornIron74

Haz1612 wrote: »
    Just wondering if any one has any knowledge on when the next recruitment campaign will be as I wasn’t in a position apply to the 2018 campaign, I have contacted the PSNI themselves but received a pretty vague response but due to the extra funding from brexit could there be a campaign in late 2019. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

The last 2 campaigns started in October 2017 and October 2018 so there could be another this October, obviously just a guess at the minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Haz1612

NornIron74 wrote: »
    The last 2 campaigns started in October 2017 and October 2018 so there could be another this October, obviously just a guess at the minute.

Thanks,Yea was thinking that aswell just have to wait and see hopefully they go ahead with a fresh one this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭penutzimes

Has anyone heard any update on this?

penutzimes wrote: »
    Has anyone heard any update on this?

Nothing as of yet still just keeping an eye out and checking different things regularly but haven’t heard anything concrete. However if something does come up I’ll stick it up on this.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭walkman2302

Seen this on the 2018 recruitment thread,

“On the PSNI website in the freedom of information disclosure logs 2019 under human resources it says that the PSNI anticipates their next Student Officer recruitment campaign will launch in Spring 2020.”

I have checked and can confirm it’s on their website.

• Advertisement

“On the PSNI website in the freedom of information disclosure logs 2019 under human resources it says that the PSNI anticipates their next Student Officer recruitment campaign will launch in Spring 2020.”

Thanks for that, just after going on and checking it out at least we all know now, cheers Walkman :)

• Registered Users Posts: 42 PSNIhopeful1

I was sadly rejected from the 1710 campaign on the last stage (medical) due to a previous mental health condition.

I quite literally fell at the last hurdle which was extremely frustrating and depressing. I didn't apply to the 1810 campaign as I would have been rejected again.

However; I will be almost 3 years clear of any symptoms of my mental health condition by the time the medical comes around for the 19/20 campaign. So, I'll be going again this year with the confidence that I've done it all before.

I've been speaking to some friends who are current serving officers and they've been telling me that they are ridiculously understaffed and with Brexit approaching, they're very nervous.

It says that on the website; but I could almost be certain that it will be October as usual. Or, at least I'm hoping.

Hope to meet some of you during the process!

I was sadly rejected from the 1710 campaign on the last stage (medical) due to a previous mental health condition.

I quite literally fell at the last hurdle which was extremely frustrating and depressing. I didn't apply to the 1810 campaign as I would have been rejected again.

However; I will be almost 3 years clear of any symptoms of my mental health condition by the time the medical comes around for the 19/20 campaign. So, I'll be going again this year with the confidence that I've done it all before.

I've been speaking to some friends who are current serving officers and they've been telling me that they are ridiculously understaffed and with Brexit approaching, they're very nervous.

It says that on the website; but I could almost be certain that it will be October as usual. Or, at least I'm hoping.

Very sorry to hear that it must of been horrible especially to get so far and if Brexit does turn out to be a no deal exit they’ll probably be in serious need of manpower, hope all goes well for you next time round and hopefully see you somewhere down the line!!

• Registered Users Posts: 42 PSNIhopeful1

Haz1612 wrote: »
    Very sorry to hear that it must of been horrible especially to get so far and if Brexit does turn out to be a no deal exit they’ll probably be in serious need of manpower, hope all goes well for you next time round and hopefully see you somewhere down the line!!

I'll admit, it was horrible to be rejected that far into the process. I hope you're right, Brexit has been a disaster since the start anyway, so I'm sure it will be at the end of it all too lol. They'll need as many hands on deck as they can get if that's the case. Hope to see you too, good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Bafta12

I was rejected from the 1710 campaign. I failed medical AND vetting. I appealed my medical and passed it. Had to pay an extremely high doctor a hefty price for a psychiatric report to explain that I was 100% ok due to it being so many years ago (mental health related) So it can be done. Keep going.

I also appealed my vetting, which was turned down due to a conviction. It will lapse 2020. I did actually apply to 1810 but didn’t get to my AC so I’m out of the running. But I’ll be going again in 2020, keep going. You’ll get there. Went through with a few friends and they’ve all started. Hateful but you’ll get there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭MD4PSNI

Bafta12 wrote: »
    I was rejected from the 1710 campaign. I failed medical AND vetting. I appealed my medical and passed it. Had to pay an extremely high doctor a hefty price for a psychiatric report to explain that I was 100% ok due to it being so many years ago (mental health related) So it can be done. Keep going.

I also appealed my vetting, which was turned down due to a conviction. It will lapse 2020. I did actually apply to 1810 but didn’t get to my AC so I’m out of the running. But I’ll be going again in 2020, keep going. You’ll get there. Went through with a few friends and they’ve all started. Hateful but you’ll get there.

If you dont mind me asking.. what was your conviction for and how long ago was it? I also was turned down on vetting back in 2013.. Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Bafta12

MD4PSNI wrote: »
    If you dont mind me asking.. what was your conviction for and how long ago was it? I also was turned down on vetting back in 2013.. Thanks in advance

Conviction for driving with no insurance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭YNWA27

FoI on the PSNI disclosure log states next recruitment is anticipated to go live Spring 2020

• Registered Users Posts: 6 smiler845

PSNI recruitment campaign to begin early 2020!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭YNWA27

smiler845 wrote: »
    PSNI recruitment campaign to begin early 2020!

Like 2 FoIs saying spring 2020...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭job seeker

I am interested in joining the PSNI, can you join if you're from and living in the republic or Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 27 BruceWayne1

job seeker wrote: »
    I am interested in joining the PSNI, can you join if you're from and living in the republic or Ireland?

You can. Search join psni and you can find all the details there.

This threads been quiet for a while hope everyone’s doing ok , just saw a post on the PSNIs Facebook which would indicate recruitment will be starting in January 2020 I’ve attached a screenshot of it to this post.

Haz

Advertisement