Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1.5 % salary increase over the next three years

Options
  • 18-03-2019 6:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

My post is more a question than a problem, although I could do with a bit of advice also.I didn't want to post it in the Work & Jobs forum as some people I work with may read it and twig it is me.
    The CEO in my workplace recently informed us that there would be a salary increase of 1.5% per year for each of the next three years. He blamed Brexit for it and (bizarrely) the overspend on the National Children's hospital (nobody knows what that has got to do with his business).
    I am fairly annoyed because I started the job a year and a half ago on a low salary as the job I was doing was only a support job. I was given a 5% increase after 6 months but since then I have taken on more responsibility. Even though my job title is still the same I am doing more complicated tasks. I am really disappointed with this paltry increase and the fact it is going to be like that until 2021 is a real downer. When you take inflation into account it isn't really going to be an increase at all.
    I am just wondering for those that are reading this has Brexit had an effect on their salaries?As in have wage increases been put on hold where you work because of it ?
    Some of our business is in the UK but I personally think is a load of bull and just an excuse not to increase our wages. I am thinking of looking for something else as I know I could earn more somewhere else.

Advertisement