Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 32 Free Hit Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

km79 wrote: »
    If I need the money I may go off that combo instead as well
    Like the Batman pick
    However it’s one of him or milli for me . Not both

Very similar all round but I may get go Lukaku and son

Yeah Kane isn't a definite for me, if Lukaku is fit I'll likely go with him. I can see Palace gatecrashing the party in Spurs first game at the new stadium. Spacecraft screamer would be typical

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭miller82

AAAGGGHH the options

Option A :

Ryan
    Schlupp
    Luiz
    Duffy

Pogba
    Sterling
    hazard
    Delefeou

kun
    Batman
    Kaks

OR

Option B :
    Ryan
    Schlupp
    Luiz
    Duffy

Pogba
    Sterling
    hazard
    Mili
    Alli

Kun
    Rashford

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

What's is Kaks?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

A little secret - Quarner (4.3) is available to select on the iPhone official FPL app.

If anyone is going 4-4-2 or 3-5-2, that extra 0.2 might be invaluable.

Paully D wrote: »
    A little secret - Quarner (4.3) is available to select on the iPhone official FPL app.

Quality information.

The kind of post that proves how valuable this forum can be.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,148 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

For anyone looking at putting Lindelof in, be aware that his wife is due to give birth at the start of April so he could miss the second game in the DGW.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭nullObjects

For anyone looking at putting Lindelof in, be aware that his wife is due to give birth at the start of April so he could miss the second game in the DGW.

I think Shaw misses the second game as well if he picks up a booking in the first one (9 yellows?)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

naughtb4 wrote: »
    What's is Kaks?

Lukaku presumably.

You'll notice no one blinks when "Spacecraft" or "Kaks" is used, but people will lose their shif I dare to refer to Aguero as Aggy :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,772 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

He could also be a legend and score and then do the baby dance, and get 20+ points in a DGW.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,427 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

I've been doing serious tinkering with my squad, based on having Sterling, Aguero, Hazard, Kane & Pogba
    The whole thing gets so much better when you take out Hazard, you can really go to town on the defence

Foster
    Rudiger-Luiz-Laporte
    Sterlng-Pogba-Deulofeu-Son
    Kane-Aguero-Batman

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭mcgooch

Quality information.

The kind of post that proves how valuable this forum can be.

I'd be surprised if this works - Quaner has been removed from the game afaik. I suspect you'll see an error message if trying to add him to your squad no matter the application/platform you're using to access your FPL team.

Seaba wrote: »
    Guaita
    Lindelöf, Laporte, Schlupp
    Sterling, Hazard, Pogba, Deulofeu
    Aguero, Kane, Rashford

Subs: Speroni, Hudson-Odi, Connolly, Simpson

Double Palace defence not ideal but I can't have the front 7 otherwise.

Will tinker around

You seemed to have picked a team based on names, rather than form, I'd have question marks over, Guaita, Hazard, Pogba, Deulofeu, Rashford.

I think you may be over thinking the front 7, with Watford in the semi finals of FA Cup, there is every chance that Gerry will be rested, ala Man city game a few weeks back.

In addition, Pogba has gone off the boil recently, so would you keep him if he only had a single GW?, yes he's on penalties but he's not the most convincing penalty taker in the league. Milivojevic of Palace would probably be a better shout.

Rashford has 1 PL goal since GW23, United have had 2 poor games in a row - yes they need to win to try and get top 4, but what if it's a little more than a blip? Jimmy, Deeney or even Zaha are cheaper and in better form, obv playing time for the first 2 are questionbale given the FA cup.

Hazard has done very little the last few GW's, he scored a last minute goal against wolves and 2 against a terrible Huddersfield - what else has he done to warrant spending 10.9m?

Is Lindelöf worth 5.1m, may miss a game, or may do the baby dance after he scores :), but united and clean sheets are few and are between these days.

Mane is in great form 3 double digit scores in last 4 games, form over fixtures and he should be in your team,

Obv your bench is very cheap for a reason, but if someone misses out - you should probably have someone that will be subbing in, even a cheap DGW player from Fulham for instance.

I think Shaw misses the second game as well if he picks up a booking in the first one (9 yellows?)

Yeah Shaw is one booking away from suspension.

mcgooch wrote: »
    I'd be surprised if this works - Quaner has been removed from the game afaik. I suspect you'll see an error message if trying to add him to your squad no matter the application/platform you're using to access your FPL team.

The thing is though he shouldn't have been removed in the first place. He's only moved on loan to Ipswich so should still be available on the Transfers page. It amazes me how they've left Fellaini up there but removed Quaner.

Ace2007 wrote: »
    You seemed to have picked a team based on names, rather than form, I'd have question marks over, Guaita, Hazard, Pogba, Deulofeu, Rashford.

I think you may be over thinking the front 7, with Watford in the semi finals of FA Cup, there is every chance that Gerry will be rested, ala Man city game a few weeks back.

In addition, Pogba has gone off the boil recently, so would you keep him if he only had a single GW?, yes he's on penalties but he's not the most convincing penalty taker in the league. Milivojevic of Palace would probably be a better shout.

Rashford has 1 PL goal since GW23, United have had 2 poor games in a row - yes they need to win to try and get top 4, but what if it's a little more than a blip? Jimmy, Deeney or even Zaha are cheaper and in better form, obv playing time for the first 2 are questionbale given the FA cup.

Hazard has done very little the last few GW's, he scored a last minute goal against wolves and 2 against a terrible Huddersfield - what else has he done to warrant spending 10.9m?

Is Lindelöf worth 5.1m, may miss a game, or may do the baby dance after he scores :), but united and clean sheets are few and are between these days.

Mane is in great form 3 double digit scores in last 4 games, form over fixtures and he should be in your team,

Obv your bench is very cheap for a reason, but if someone misses out - you should probably have someone that will be subbing in, even a cheap DGW player from Fulham for instance.

Personally I disagree on Hazard. He's still the 4th highest scoring player in the game with 2 incredibly juicy fixtures. His goals have come almost exclusively against bottom half teams. He hit the post and forced a great save in the first 10 minutes against Evertone (didn't watch the full match). I think he's a must-have this week unless you are really desperate and looking to put forward a team with as many differentials as possible.

Haz, Sterling and Aggy are default players for any FH 32 team imo

Morzadec wrote: »
    Personally I disagree on Hazard. He's still the 4th highest scoring player in the game with 2 incredibly juicy fixtures. His goals have come almost exclusively against bottom half teams. He hit the post and forced a great save in the first 10 minutes against Evertone (didn't watch the full match). I think he's a must-have this week unless you are really desperate and looking to put forward a team with as many differentials as possible.

Haz, Sterling and Aggy are default players for any FH 32 team imo

Alonso is the highest scoring defender that has a DGW, but I think you'll be hard pressed finding anyone vouching for him for the DGW.

If Liverpool had a DGW now, by your logic Salah would be a must have, since he's the highest scoring player in the game and has it in him to go wild. I wrote so many posts at the start of the season saying Alonso wasn't worth the money - because the state didn't tell the full story - take away the first 4/5 GW's and his points aren't that good - the same can be said for Hazard, he had a spell of 4/5 games in a row where everything he touched turned to goal, but since then he's been more cold than hot.

If Chelsea were playing Fulham and Huddersfield, then I could maybe understand, but they are playing 2 teams which are both fighting for their lives, so they won't be leaving themselves wide open at the back. Excluding the Huddersfield game, Chelsea haven't scored many goals of late, and against Everton they showed nothing in the 2nd half. Everton are a bottom half of the table club.

Not having Hazard allows you to have so much more in your team, and I think people need to see passed the name.

It's interesting that you don't have Pogba in your must halves, I suspect it's for similar reasons to me saying Hazard isn't a must have. But Pogba is about 2m cheaper...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

Paully D wrote: »

Just tried it and it works - that’s a really awesome tip as was looking at 442, cheers

Milivojevic or Batshauyi as my number 11 is my last decision

----for today

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Alonso is the highest scoring defender that has a DGW, but I think you'll be hard pressed finding anyone vouching for him for the DGW.

If Liverpool had a DGW now, by your logic Salah would be a must have, since he's the highest scoring player in the game and has it in him to go wild. I wrote so many posts at the start of the season saying Alonso wasn't worth the money - because the state didn't tell the full story - take away the first 4/5 GW's and his points aren't that good - the same can be said for Hazard, he had a spell of 4/5 games in a row where everything he touched turned to goal, but since then he's been more cold than hot.

If Chelsea were playing Fulham and Huddersfield, then I could maybe understand, but they are playing 2 teams which are both fighting for their lives, so they won't be leaving themselves wide open at the back. Excluding the Huddersfield game, Chelsea haven't scored many goals of late, and against Everton they showed nothing in the 2nd half. Everton are a bottom half of the table club.

Not having Hazard allows you to have so much more in your team, and I think people need to see passed the name.

It's interesting that you don't have Pogba in your must halves, I suspect it's for similar reasons to me saying Hazard isn't a must have. But Pogba is about 2m cheaper...

I have Pogba in my team for the record. I could understand the argument for him as a must-have. The reason I wouldn't quite put him in that category is that United's fixtures are pretty decent but not as good as Chelsea's. Watford and Wolves are both really good teams on their day and I imagine a trashing would be unlikely.

Cardiff on the other hand have shown themselves well capable of taking a hiding this season.

Re: Alonso, he's not 100% nailed, and Luiz is cheaper. That's why I wouldn't have him in there despite his overall points tally. Also, unlike Alonso it's not like Hazard's recent form is disgraceful and all his points came early in the season. He has two double digit hauls in his last 6. His hauls have always come sporadically making him frustrating to own, but he's been fairly consistent scoring against the fodder in the league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

naughtb4 wrote: »
    Milivojevic or Batshauyi as my number 11 is my last decision

----for today

I'm considering both but is that overkill? Mili should play 90 mins in both so thats a min 4 points plus maybe a clean sheet point in the Huddersfield. If Zaha is back fit, he's even more enticing. I just don't see any other sub 7m dgwk mid that remotely interests me.

• Advertisement

I'm considering both but is that overkill? Mili should play 90 mins in both so thats a min 4 points plus maybe a clean sheet point in the Huddersfield. If Zaha is back fit, he's even more enticing. I just don't see any other sub 7m dgwk mid that remotely interests me.

Not at all, if I could I would prob go Zaha + Mili

Budget with a Kun Kane forward line is tight

Do people think Pogba's output is likely to increase again now that Matic is back? There seemed to be a theory that Pogba was playing deeper cause Matic was missing and this affected his output

Is Mili a better option than Deulefou?

Green&Red wrote: »

Straight up I’d have Gerry all the time, problem with this DGW, is that Watford will be resting guys for the FA Cup semi final - they have a very good chance of making the final. They rested Gerry and Deeney for the Man City game for example. So you might only get one game from them. Mili on the other hand will play both games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,324 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Do people think Pogba's output is likely to increase again now that Matic is back? There seemed to be a theory that Pogba was playing deeper cause Matic was missing and this affected his output

Probably 2 main factors in Pogba's drop in points. Injuries to Matic (was back vs Arsenal btw) & Herrera and also Ole going with 2 up top after Lukaku started firing.

I expect him to go back to 1 up now that players are returning from injury. Pogba should be more involved again.

Thats my reading of Pogba too, OGS is likely to revert to what was working for him at the start

I wonder how many iterations of this team I'll go through before next week
    Kepa
    AWB-Schlupp-Luiz
    Pogba-Hacksaw Jim-Hazard-Sterling-Mili
    Aguero-Kane

Hacksaw Jim has played the last six games

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Thats my reading of Pogba too, OGS is likely to revert to what was working for him at the start

I wonder how many iterations of this team I'll go through before next week
    Kepa
    AWB-Schlupp-Luiz
    Pogba-Hacksaw Jim-Hazard-Sterling-Mili
    Aguero-Kane

Hacksaw Jim has played the last six games

Who?

Hacksaw Jim Gundogen

• Registered Users Posts: 3,169 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Fernandinho was injured though so Hacksaw might be given the heave ho(ooooooo) soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Ederson
    Luiz Lindelof/Smalling Schlupp
    Sterling Hazard Pogba Eriksen Milivojevic
    Aguero Rashford

As mentioned before - I really, really want Kane but I’m not sure how I fit him in.

Eriksen to a cheapie and play 3-4-3 is the only route that could be semi-realistic and that doesn’t free up anywhere near enough cash unfortunately so is a non-runner.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭IrishLad90

WILDCARD ACTIVE
    peps tactics are gonna leave Sterling on the bench in at least one of these games for Mahrez, so I'll decide on captain on Friday.
    Wolves have a double GW but blank for GW33
    Any depth I could add to the squad, want to finish in the top 1million

Advertisement