Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 32 Free Hit Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

4-4-2 with Kane and Kun up top...

Ederson
    Luiz Smalling Schlupp Duffy
    Sterling Hazard Pogba Mili
    Kane Aguero

I quite like it

Very similar to my own. Has Luiz not been a bit prone to rotation these last few weeks?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

naughtb4 wrote: »
    Very similar to my own. Has Luiz not been a bit prone to rotation these last few weeks?

I’ve seen this a bit, Luiz has started 27 of 29 league games. He’s only missed GW15 and 29.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

4-4-2 with Kane and Kun up top...

Ederson
    Luiz Smalling Schlupp Duffy
    Kane Aguero

I quite like it

I like that and will strongly consider something similar. I could do it with Smalling being Lindelof or Shaw as I’m around £0.3m short otherwise.

I guess it comes down to:

1) Eriksen + Rashford in a 3-5-2
    2) Extra cheapie DEF + Kane in a 4-4-2

That’s an easy choice really, is it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Paully D wrote: »
    I like that and will strongly consider something similar. I could do it with Smalling being Lindelof or Shaw as I’m around £0.3m short otherwise.

I guess it comes down to:

1) Eriksen + Rashford in a 3-5-2
    2) Extra cheapie DEF + Kane in a 4-4-2

That’s an easy choice really, is it?

It is
    But what about Lukaku ......

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭IrishLad90

Currently have Sterling and Aguero, but want Kane in the squad!! Can he produce against two decent sides 🀪

• Advertisement

km79 wrote: »
    It is

No Lukaku or even Rashford isn't ideal, but it's just impossible to have everyone.

I can get out:

Team 1

Ederson
    Luiz Lindelof Schlupp Duffy
    Sterling Hazard Pogba Milivojevic
    Aguero Kane

Or:

Team 2

Kepa
    Laporte Smalling Schlupp Dunk
    Sterling Hazard Pogba Milivojevic
    Aguero Kane

I don't think it's realistically possible to get any better than those with the money I have to play with, to be honest.

Which would you prefer? Team 1 or Team 2? I guess it comes down to:

1) Ederson, Luiz, Lindelof and Duffy
    2) Kepa, Laporte, Smalling and Dunk

I feel Luiz has a better chance of starting the 2 games than Laporte, but Smalling has a better chance of starting the 2 than Lindelof. Duffy and Dunk are much of a muchness of late so I have no preference there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Second Team for me especially with Lindelofs partner expecting

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

It is

I’m amazed he is in so few teams! People were looking at him as TC for this GW only 1 GW or so ago

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,427 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

So this is an interesting discussion to have. I currently have Camarasa in my team, him + defender is 8.3m. For 8.6m I could have 4.2m mid plus say Dunk or Tompkins. Am I better off in the hope CP or Brighton will get a CS as opposed to Camarasa scoring or assisting?

I think I will be

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Mike Ehrmantraut

Chesty08 wrote: »
    I’m amazed he is in so few teams! People were looking at him as TC for this GW only 1 GW or so ago

Still considering Lukaku but finding it difficult to find a place for him. Aguero and Sterling are definitely in my team, after that it’s probably a choice of 2 from Hazard, Kane and Lukaku, can’t see a way of fitting all 3 of them in.

• Advertisement

Still considering Lukaku but finding it difficult to find a place for him. Aguero and Sterling are definitely in my team, after that it’s probably a choice of 2 from Hazard, Kane and Lukaku, can’t see a way of fitting all 3 of them in.

Lukaku has to be ahead of Kane.

Kane plays Liverpool away. Utd play 2 teams with their eyes fixed on the FA Cup semi finals.

Have an option of fitting Hazard, Kane and Lukaku, but not sure about it yet, Looking at a couple of options

3-4-3
    Ederson
    Luiz Lindeloff Duffy
    Sterling Hazard Pogba Miliovjevic
    Aguero Kane Jimenez

Awb + 3 fodder

Or 4-3-3
    Ederson
    Luiz Lindeloff Duffy Awb
    Sterling Hazard Miliovjevic
    Aguero Kane Lukaku

+ 4 Fodder

Basically Pogba and Jimenez
    Or Lukaku and Awb

Have an option of fitting Hazard, Kane and Lukaku, but not sure about it yet, Looking at a couple of options

3-4-3
    Ederson
    Luiz Lindeloff Duffy
    Sterling Hazard Pogba Miliovjevic
    Aguero Kane Jimenez

Awb + 3 fodder

Or 4-3-3
    Ederson
    Luiz Lindeloff Duffy Awb
    Sterling Hazard Miliovjevic
    Aguero Kane Lukaku

+ 4 Fodder

Basically Pogba and Jimenez
    Or Lukaku and Awb

Lukaku and AWB all day

Kane plays Liverpool away. Utd play 2 teams with their eyes fixed on the FA Cup semi finals.

No doubting Lukaku has the easier fixtures and If Rashford is ruled out, I’d definitely agree with that, but I still have a slight doubt about him starting both games.
    My Judgement might be slightly clouded by the time I treble captained him in a double gw a couple of seasons back, I still haven’t forgiven him for that.
    Also, even though Spurs have been really poor the last while, the game against Palace is in their new stadium and I wouldn’t rule out Kane doing well in that game

Green&Red wrote: »
    So this is an interesting discussion to have. I currently have Camarasa in my team, him + defender is 8.3m. For 8.6m I could have 4.2m mid plus say Dunk or Tompkins. Am I better off in the hope CP or Brighton will get a CS as opposed to Camarasa scoring or assisting?

I think I will be

Given Cardiff's fixtures, I'd much rather the punt on a Palace or Brighton clean sheet.

I'd disagree.

Kane is fully fit, nailed on, on penalties, and personally I'd back him to explode against Palace on opening night of their new stadium. Liverpool have also conceded twice against Burnley at home and once against Fuham away in the last two games so I wouldn't be writing off that Liverpool game for Kane.

Lukaku is coming back from an injury and may even only start once (and Rashford the other) especially if Martial is back, as I'd expect Ole to revert to one striker which was working so well prior to their midfield injuries.

If it's a straight choice between the two with money being no issue I'd side with Kane all day long. He has long since proven he can be trusted to be the model of FPL consistency.

Paully D wrote: »
    He has long since proven he can be trusted to be the model of FPL consistency.

I disagree .........he has let me down consistently over the last 2 seasons
    He is also a huge price and won’t be captained
    I don’t think I’ll have him when it comes down to it

God forbid anything happens aguero or we are all screwed

Kane is 8,1,7,8 in the four since he came back, there’s no comparison

Green&Red wrote: »
    Kane is 8,1,7,8 in the four since he came back, there’s no comparison

So 24 points
    Lukaku 2,12,12,2
    28 points
    The 2s were against Liverpool (who Kane plays away ) and arsenal
    So he scored well in the 2 games he would be expected to

But most importantly
    He allows for a significant upgrade of my 11th player
    Whether it be a defender or midfielder
    If i can get Lukakau and son in instead of milli and Kane then there is no choice for me

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

I wouldn't really be considering Lukaku but as my season's going pretty horribly and I need to start rolling some dices he's actually someone I'll consider as a differential punt.

He definitely does have the potential to score well. No doubt though that if we're saying Lukaku vs Kane, that Kane is a much safer better bet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,324 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

So 24 points
    Lukaku 2,12,12,2
    28 points

But most importantly
    If i can get Lukakau and son in instead of milli and Kane then there is no choice for me

You could use those stats in many ways. One of his 12's was against Palace (with Rashford crocked post-Liverpool game), a team Harry has at home.

United were in terrible shape vs Pool so I don't think you can imply that Spurs are likely to blank against them as a result. Pool have been conceding of late.

Personally I would take Kane & Mili all day. Ole was saying that he went 2 up top as the two were on fire but the reality was that injuries played a massive part in him making that call imo. Think we'll be back to 1 up top from now on with Lukaku playing a role from the bench if Rashford is fit. If Rashford isn't fit then I like Lukaku an awful lot more.

The other side of the coin is the Mili vs Son one.
    Mili with 23 points in his last 4 games vs Son with 7 points. When is an upgrade not an upgrade :)

So 24 points
    Lukaku 2,12,12,2
    28 points

But most importantly

Lukakus five games before that 7pts
    Kane’s 39

Lukaku has two returns for half the season, Kane returns in almost every game! He has 17 returns in 26 games, and one of those blanks he played 17 minutes

• Registered Users Posts: 3,169 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Green&Red wrote:
    Lukakus five games before that 7pts Kane’s 39

I think that's irrelevant to be fair as he was out of the team. He was back to his best recently before the injury so its bad timing for him and us. Personally I think they're both good options for the double but I think lukaku was playing slightly better and he's cheaper so I'd favour him if you are picking only 1 but that injury makes it tricky.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,772 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Dearg81 wrote: »
    I think that's irrelevant to be fair as he was out of the team. He was back to his best recently before the injury so its bad timing for him and us. Personally I think they're both good options for the double but I think lukaku was playing slightly better and he's cheaper so I'd favour him if you are picking only 1 but that injury makes it tricky.

The fact that he was out of the team is very relevant though, he was fit and not being picked - unlike Kane - he will always be picked when fit.

Spurs pushing to stay in top 4, and will be playing their first home game in new stadium in the DGW.
    Kane is on penalties while Lukaku isn’t.

Whether he was or wasn’t playing better is irrelevant in FF it’s points that we want, and Kane has consistently return them.

If I rate a player I just look at their very recent in terms of FPL, he had to earn his spot in the United team which he did with good performances. I don't really care about how he played a couple of months ago but that's just the way I pick my team, not everyone will agree.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭miller82

dsmythy wrote: »
    Jonny as a wing back is prime for a rest in the build up to the FA Cup game.

Deulofeu a small chance too of not playing though I'd be more worried about Wolves players.

better to change from this ....

Ryan
    Duffy Jonny Schlupp
    Sterling Hazard Pogba Mili Deulofeu
    Aguero Kane

to this .... ??

Ryan
    Duffy Smalling Schlupp Valery
    Aguero Kane

head melting time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,772 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Dearg81 wrote: »
    If I rate a player I just look at their very recent in terms of FPL, he had to earn his spot in the United team which he did with good performances. I don't really care about how he played a couple of months ago but that's just the way I pick my team, not everyone will agree.

He didn't earn his call up/spot in the team, the majority of his game time has come before a CL game which first team players were rested, or because United are down to their bear bones and there is no one else.

If United have a full fit squad - lets say Marital, Lingard and Rashford are all fit, there is a chance Lukaku won't start, and will be used off the bench. Kane plays all day everyday when fit.

Based on your comments, your not going to have the likes of Hazard or Pogba, in your team, but instead going to have Mane for a cert, but I would hazard a guess that he's not in your team, regardless of his recent returns.

Ace2007 wrote:
    If United have a full fit squad - lets say Marital, Lingard and Rashford are all fit, there is a chance Lukaku won't start, and will be used off the bench. Kane plays all day everyday when fit.

Fair enough, I'm not a united fan so didn't realise that. I'll keep an eye on the team news.
    Ace2007 wrote:
    Based on your comments, your not going to have the likes of Hazard or Pogba, in your team, but instead going to have Mane for a cert, but I would hazard a guess that he's not in your team, regardless of his recent returns.
    I think you misunderstood my point. I meant if I see a player like Lukaku or Hazard or Pogba hitting a hot streak of form then I don't care about their previous bad form. That's not the same as ignoring the past good form of players going through a bad spell.

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭IrishLad90

Completely forgot about the international break, gives me another week of attempts at Wilson for Harry Kane transfer

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

When doing drafts of teams on the app lads (fh will be activated) do ye just transfer list everyone or what’s the easiest method to compare options?

Advertisement