Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

November 2019 Babies club

• 18-03-2019 11:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 478 ✭✭

After 2 + years of trying for number 2 and multiple investigations I have gotten a bfp today (4 in fact as I didn't believe it!!). Looks like I will be due late November. Incredibly excited but also nervous and afraid to allow myself to be too excited. Planning a trip to the doc in the next few days to confirm everything. Anyone else in the November club?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I'm also in the November club, due my first early Nov. I'm delighted and also terrified as I know nothing about pregnancy and childbirth! I've been to the GP who confirmed it and has given me a referral letter, so I guess I just wait now for my first hospital apointment!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 351 ✭✭CavanGal

Me too! Found out on the 8th, due November 17th. I did 5 tests over a few days as we could not believe it. It was our first month of trying! I am also nervous to get too excited while also being very excited! Going to doc Thursday for official confirmation and chat.

I'm delighted for you after your long wait! Have you had any symptoms yet? I've had crampiness and nausea when I'm hungry. I had a quite a bit of nausea and what felt like period cramps the week that we found out but didn't think anything of it at the time as I wasn't expecting it to happen so quickly.

Thanks for starting the thread - I was waiting for someone else too as I was too shy :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 478 ✭✭closifer

Congratulations to you both! My breasts are killing me and I'm a combination of being exhausted and unable to sleep (probably due to excitement and also worry as I have had some health issues and will not be able to relax until at least after the 1st scan). No nausea yet but I didn't have any the last time round so hopefully I won't be Ill.

I have had sensitive boobs for the last few weeks, exhausted everyday after work and I wake up at least once every night to pee (but that could be because I'm consciously drinking more water everyday).

I've had mild cramps and nausea too if I don't eat regularly, but not sick thank God.

We're 7 weeks tomorrow, and so looking forward to the first scan for some reassurance that things look ok. Just another 5 weeks or so to go until that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Digs

Google memories has just reminded me I got a positive pregnancy test this day last year. My little one is 4 months old today. Best of luck November Mammies, I’ll always have fond memories of the November 2018 thread chats as she’s my third and last. Clearly I’m all kinds of emotional tonight :D

Hope everything goes smoothly for ye all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Nerd Queen

3 positive HPT’s today - I’m stunned! Will be into docs Monday to confirm but tentatively after 3 years looks like I’ll be joining the Nov 19 group.

Nerd Queen wrote:
    3 positive HPT’s today - I’m stunned! Will be into docs Monday to confirm but tentatively after 3 years looks like I’ll be joining the Nov 19 group.

Congratulations. Have you been trying for 3 years? We have been trying for more than 2 and it just feels surreal.

closifer wrote: »
    Congratulations. Have you been trying for 3 years? We have been trying for more than 2 and it just feels surreal.

Yep we started the TTC journey over 3 years ago! It hasn’t sunk in yet here!

Nerd Queen wrote:
    Yep we started the TTC journey over 3 years ago! It hasn’t sunk in yet here!

Good luck to you! I think when you have been trying so long it's not only surreal but I'm afraid to be too excited. I just want the 1st trimester to progress. I can't wait to get to a scan just to and reassurance all is okay.

Good luck to you! I think when you have been trying so long it's not only surreal but I'm afraid to be too excited. I just want the 1st trimester to progress. I can't wait to get to a scan just to and reassurance all is okay.

Ye I agree! I’m lucky my gynae is doing an early scan the first week in April as a favour!

• Advertisement

Ok so 4th positive HPT this morning - maybe this is real!! Anyone started thinking about hospitals and the great public vs semi private debate?

Congratulations Nerd Queen! I got my official confirmation at the docs yesterday but she said that I had some many positive HPTs, she was only doing her test as a formality. So I think you can take it that you are definitely pregnant. :D Cant wait for the 12 week scan so its real and we can tell people.

As regards public or private, I'm going to ask my mammy friends. I know one said before she went private the first time and public the second and didn't notice the difference.

I hope to go to the MLU in Cavan General as I've heard great things about it. Apparently its very chilled, there are no strict visiting hours and dads can stay overnight.

Anyone else find the food restrictions hard? No cold meats, certain cheeses or bought salads. I love salads for my lunch but can never make ones which are as nice as those in the cafes near my work. Doc told me yesterday no tea for the first 12 weeks!! I googled and asked a midwife and it seems 1-2 cups a day is ok.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,914 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Drink your tea.
    Total overkill not to.

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭Anne_cordelia

CavanGal wrote: »
    Congratulations Nerd Queen! I got my official confirmation at the docs yesterday but she said that I had some many positive HPTs, she was only doing her test as a formality. So I think you can take it that you are definitely pregnant. :D Cant wait for the 12 week scan so its real and we can tell people.

As regards public or private, I'm going to ask my mammy friends. I know one said before she went private the first time and public the second and didn't notice the difference.

I hope to go to the MLU in Cavan General as I've heard great things about it. Apparently its very chilled, there are no strict visiting hours and dads can stay overnight.

Anyone else find the food restrictions hard? No cold meats, certain cheeses or bought salads. I love salads for my lunch but can never make ones which are as nice as those in the cafes near my work. Doc told me yesterday no tea for the first 12 weeks!! I googled and asked a midwife and it seems 1-2 cups a day is ok.

The only things I avoided in pregnancy were alcohol and pate. The NHS is the best no-nonsense source. Once salads are washed, surely they are ok.
    https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/pregnancy-and-baby/foods-to-avoid-pregnant/#foods-with-soil-on-them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Gonna start this off with saying congratulations to all of you here on your recent news and I hope everything goes according to plan.

Not sure if it’s the right place but gonna write here for the moment anyway. My girlfriend and I found out that she is pregnant 3 weeks ago and was fully confirmed yesterday after 2nd trip to the gynaecologist. Due first week of November. We had been trying for a while but it was complicated as was mostly a long distance relationship up until a few months ago. I am now living with her in her own country (Germany) so I’m going to be quite unsure of what is going on with all this baby craic to be honest!!

Not really overwhelmed or anything yet but as I don’t speak German well enough yet it is very tough to read all the material that we have received or listen to the gynaecologist. My parter is exceptional with children due to her work so no worries at all with raising a child really.

So I mainly come in here just to ask if any of you would have recommendations for books or websites for first time father on the process up until the birth of the child? As in what happens at exams, the need for a midwife, any health issues for a baby.

We have already secured a midwife for one the baby is born as they visit you to see how you are getting on and to check on the baby.

Thanks in advance.

I'm in limerick so no choice on hospitals. I went public on my last baby and had no complaints. Had a very easy pregnancy that time. Was young and low risk and just went to the midwives clinic.

Never saw myself going private but given that I have had some health complications I am going private this time as I want one person having am oversight of meds etc. I have my first scan and consultant visit mid April.

Oh don't worry Shesty, I'll be having my tea. Couldn't live without it. I had never heard of it before I went to the doc so just found it interesting.

Anne Cordelia, the problem is you don't know whether they've been washed properly unless you make them yourself. But I'll live :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭heldel00

Gonna start this off with saying congratulations to all of you here on your recent news and I hope everything goes according to plan.

Not sure if it’s the right place but gonna write here for the moment anyway. My girlfriend and I found out that she is pregnant 3 weeks ago and was fully confirmed yesterday after 2nd trip to the gynaecologist. Due first week of November. We had been trying for a while but it was complicated as was mostly a long distance relationship up until a few months ago. I am now living with her in her own country (Germany) so I’m going to be quite unsure of what is going on with all this baby craic to be honest!!

Not really overwhelmed or anything yet but as I don’t speak German well enough yet it is very tough to read all the material that we have received or listen to the gynaecologist. My parter is exceptional with children due to her work so no worries at all with raising a child really.

So I mainly come in here just to ask if any of you would have recommendations for books or websites for first time father on the process up until the birth of the child? As in what happens at exams, the need for a midwife, any health issues for a baby.

We have already secured a midwife for one the baby is born as they visit you to see how you are getting on and to check on the baby.

Thanks in advance.

Hi luckygent. Congratulations. I'm afraid i can't really offer you any advice on books etc. I took the "ignorance is bliss" approach! There is a fathers-to-be forum somewhere on Boards if you look for that.
    I will hopefully have three under 4 (due 29th oct) and even typing that frightens the bejaysus outta me!

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭New farmers wife

Congrats everyone!!! Got my BFP the 16th, this is number 3 for me, due 23rd of November which will be my first girls 4th birthday! Only symptom really is exhaustion which is getting worse.

Finally beginning to sink in here! Looking up everything and anything! From prams to cots to bottles! My head is in overdrive!

• Advertisement

New farmers wife - same due date as me!!

Nerd Queen wrote:
    Finally beginning to sink in here! Looking up everything and anything! From prams to cots to bottles! My head is in overdrive!

Im the same. I have lists created! Every day that goes by it's feeling more real and less like someone is going to pull the rug from under!

When are ye all going to be telling people and when are your 1st scans? I have a scan at a few days past 8 weeks. If all is okay I will find it really hard to hold out telling people but at the same time the 1st person I want to tell is my son. He is 5 and will be so excited but I don't want to tell him while there is any scope for anything going wrong.

I'm 7+4 today and got my first bout of morning sickness this evening! My tummy literally did a 180 as I ate dinner, delicious one minute and ran to the toilet to be sick the next! Anyone else getting any morning sickness?

We are going to wait to tell our family and friends until after our 12 week scan, just in case. Then I'll tell work when I feel like I can't hide the bump! Are you going for a private scan at 8 weeks? My GP said its normally 12 weeks before the hospital will do a scan.

Im the same. I have lists created! Every day that goes by it's feeling more real and less like someone is going to pull the rug from under!

When are ye all going to be telling people and when are your 1st scans? I have a scan at a few days past 8 weeks. If all is okay I will find it really hard to hold out telling people but at the same time the 1st person I want to tell is my son. He is 5 and will be so excited but I don't want to tell him while there is any scope for anything going wrong.

Aw that’s lovely! I totally get that - it’s so hard to keep it to yourself! I’ve told immediate family only so far! Getting an early scan at 7 weeks with my private gynae and waiting for my hosp appt. Pregnancy confirmed today by the GP so just have to tell him which hospital now! Going to try keep the news til 12 weeks! Tough as that seems!

• Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Mod ✭✭✭✭Neyite

Thanks in advance.

Congrats! There's a dad's thread here, which might be helpful. My OH got a good book from his brother -when I'm at home later I'll see what it was and post it here.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Pistachio123

Hi all and congratulations! Found out last week that I’ll be expecting at the end of November. Very nervous as I had a miscarriage last month. It’s going to be a long wait to get to 12 weeks!

Dr sending off the letter to the hospital today! Eek exciting! I can't wait to get the first official scan date! Seems a bit more real!

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭New farmers wife

I was at gp Tuesday and she was sending off the letter. Still doesn't feel real. I'll probably pay for a private scan around 8 weeks, on my first two I just couldn't wait until 12 weeks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭likestosmile

New to this thread and booiii am i sooo happy to find you all :-) You gals are the first i have actually told so cant wait to share our journeys together.
    We found out I'm pregnant with our 1st baba who is due on 20th November 2019.

We had been trying for a year and half. Had just started outting the wheels in motion for fertility testing when fell pregnancy naturally.
    Mixture of emotions when we got the positive result - "Oh my gosh my life is not my own from now on" and on the other hand "super grateful for this little miracle".

I'm so grateful to have found you ladies as I'm feel a little isolated not being able to tell anyone and ask a billion questions. Other half is great but he is very cautious about talking about the baba in detail until 1st scan and make sure everything is ok.

So here are my questions for you ladies.
    1. think I'm gone 6.5 weeks - should morning sickness have kicked in by now? when?
    2. Bloatedness and cramps are gone for the last week - is this normal?
    3. no extreme tiredness, feeling the same as usual- is this normal?
    4. last night i coughed during sleep and got a sharp pain in my lower pelvis that it woke me...is this normal?
    5. what other foods should we be avoiding other than raw fish and unwashed salads?
    6. I rang my GP today to get appointment and the next available date I can get with him is 16th April at which time i will be over 8.5 week - is this late for 1st GP appointment?
    Loads of other exciting question that i cant think of at the moment.

Advertisement